Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 06:36 PM

654 posts, read 466,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botique View Post
As you say...
Then please point out a non-partisan tea party during the Reagan, Bush, and Bush administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 06:43 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
Tea Parties = Republican butthurt and theft of libertarian ideals. Not once were tea parties held when Reagan, Bush, and Bush II placed us in chains of debts.
Agreed! The tea parties have been hijacked.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:59 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Whatever number shows up is the realistic number. Why bother trying to predict something like that?
Because that is the premis of the thread. The assertion that someone else's estimate is inflated should include a more realistic estimate

Old 09-11-2009, 07:03 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Tea Parties = Republican butthurt and theft of libertarian ideals. Not once were tea parties held when Reagan, Bush, and Bush II placed us in chains of debts.

Boy are you grasping at straws! The tea parties are happening now. Butthurt? Is that a common problem among Democrats because I have never heard that nastiness before?

Old 09-11-2009, 07:07 PM

654 posts, read 466,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Boy are you grasping at straws! The tea parties are happening now. Butthurt? Is that a common problem among Democrats because I have never heard that nastiness before?
Then I ask again, when was a tea party held when Reagan, Bush, and Bush II placed us in chains of debts? You have had 3 decades to rally against fiscal irresponsibility and you only throw a tea party when a Democrat is in office. You are doing nothing but placing party over principles.

There is no grasping at straws. In fact you are by calling me a Democrat. That is an erroneous claim and a strawman.

Last edited by I Like Taxes; 09-11-2009 at 07:40 PM..

Old 09-11-2009, 07:12 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times
Quote:
Exactly....which is why the 9/12 "Tea Party" is a pathetic failure before it even has a chance to take place, regardless of conservative or democratic turnout over/underestimates. The entire premise behind the "Tea Parties" of late is silly.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:17 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Then I ask again, when was a tea party held when Reagan, Bush, and Bush II placed us in chains of debts? You have had 3 decades to rally against fiscal irresponsibility and you only throw a tea party when a Democrat is in office. You are doing nothing but placing partisanship over principles.

There is no grasping at straws. In fact you are by calling me a Democrat. That is an erroneous claim and a strawman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Exactly....which is why the 9/12 "Tea Party" is a pathetic failure before it even has a chance to take place, regardless of conservative or democratic turnout over/underestimates.

Wow these tax protests must really have you two and the left running scared. Who cares if there was never tax protest before. I do remember a time when we did not have gay marriage protest. That was then, this is now and I am leaving early AM to go myself.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:27 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boompa View Post
so what do you call realistic numbers?

37?

Old 09-11-2009, 07:31 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Wow these tax protests must really have you two and the left running scared. Who cares if there was never tax protest before. I do remember a time when we did not have gay marriage protest. That was then, this is now and I am leaving early AM to go myself.
Oh, yeah, I'm running so scared that I'm sitting here in my scrubs, with my husband and my dog, getting ready to hunker down and.....watch an On Demand movie.

You run along and have fun at your goofy "Tea Party." I'll enjoy my movie tonight, and then tomorrow I'll hang out on my boat.

We'll both make equal progress this weekend in the way of political advancement.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:35 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Quote:
Whats your point?
People shouldn't protest now, because they didn't in the past?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies