Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 09:05 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times

Advertisements

Maybe we need an affirmative action program that helps other races get into the distribution business. Then we would have a nice mix in the top 10 list and redistribute the wealth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 09:08 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,896 times
Legalize drugs and tomorrow there will be no cartel problems.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:34 AM

18,159 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
You are out of your mind if you think tax dollars are supporting drug lords, get out of the conspiracy nut toilet.
Who said anything about tax dollars? I was talking about drug money. Conspiracy nut? Ummmm, talking about government brass, cops and such , being on the take to drug runners and dealers makes me a conspiracy nut? . It's not just the 'bad' guys who are getting rich on the illegal drug trade.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:41 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Lets face it the politcains are much mroe into votes than into enforcing laws. I knew two ex-cops that investiagted welafre frud. On their ifst assignment region they filed over million dollars in cases in a relatively small city. They were transferred pretty quickly after that.Do tax dololars pay for food stamps? Food stamps are used like currency in drug buys. The main reason they got away from paper food stamps because they were taking in thousands when making drug bust in most cities.It was just another currency and the cards have only solved a small fraction of the problem.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:49 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
YOUR TAXPAYER DOLLARS ARE SUPPORTING THEM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Who said anything about tax dollars? I was talking about drug money. Conspiracy nut? Ummmm, talking about government brass, cops and such , being on the take to drug runners and dealers makes me a conspiracy nut? . It's not just the 'bad' guys who are getting rich on the illegal drug trade.
Who said I was talking to you? Don't be so egotistical and blind that you think everything is about you, the OP was talking about tax dollars if you spend 2 seconds looking

Old 09-12-2009, 09:57 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Who said I was talking to you? Don't be so egotistical and blind that you think everything is about you, the OP was talking about tax dollars if you spend 2 seconds looking
I was not clear on that in my initial post. See post #8 and then #14, as texdav seems to get what I'm saying

Old 09-12-2009, 10:27 AM

18,159 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
So Sorry. My error. Should have more coffee before typing to quickly. No intent to be egotistical. It was just your reply being set right after my post, with no quote that made me believe you were adressing me. Mistakes happen. I have been taken to the head of the class and used as a bad example and stand thus humbled.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:08 AM

487 posts, read 636,483 times
Quote:
As a Criminal Justice major, I find many of the statistics I come across quite alarming. This one is by far the most interesting. If you follow the link, no matter what region of the U.S. you click on, Hispanic fugitives dominate the list. Why is this? Narcotics are the #1 threat to our way of life in this country. Their existence propels violence and disfunction. Yet we give these individuals virtually unlimited immunity to run these drugs into our country via our pathetic immigration policies and lack of Border Patrol efficiency. Then when they feel the heat, they flee back to Mexico until they feel safe to start up again. WAKE UP PEOPLE - THESE INDIVIDUALS LAUGH AT OUR LAWS. THEY LAUGH AT OUR SYSTEM. YOUR TAXPAYER DOLLARS ARE SUPPORTING THEM. I challenge anyone to find me a legitimate "most wanted" list that is less diverse in culture. It does not exist. HOW CAN WE AS A COUNTRY SEND A MESSAGE TO THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION LETTING THEM KNOW WE ARE NOT O.K. WITH THIS?

DEA - Most Wanted - DEA's Most Wanted Fugitives (http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/fugitives/fuglist.htm - broken link)
I was clicking various people who are obviously hispanic yet on their profile they're classified as "white", why is this?

Old 09-12-2009, 11:44 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
As a Criminal Justice major, I find many of the statistics I come across quite alarming. This one is by far the most interesting. If you follow the link, no matter what region of the U.S. you click on, Hispanic fugitives dominate the list. Why is this? Narcotics are the #1 threat to our way of life in this country. Their existence propels violence and disfunction. Yet we give these individuals virtually unlimited immunity to run these drugs into our country via our pathetic immigration policies and lack of Border Patrol efficiency. Then when they feel the heat, they flee back to Mexico until they feel safe to start up again. WAKE UP PEOPLE - THESE INDIVIDUALS LAUGH AT OUR LAWS. THEY LAUGH AT OUR SYSTEM. YOUR TAXPAYER DOLLARS ARE SUPPORTING THEM. I challenge anyone to find me a legitimate "most wanted" list that is less diverse in culture. It does not exist. HOW CAN WE AS A COUNTRY SEND A MESSAGE TO THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION LETTING THEM KNOW WE ARE NOT O.K. WITH THIS?

DEA - Most Wanted - DEA's Most Wanted Fugitives (http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/fugitives/fuglist.htm - broken link)
The easiest way to deal with these individuals, is to leaglize the drugs that they are trafficing in.

If its legalized, controlled, and taxed in the United States, they will have no more money, and no more need to cross our borders and break our lives. I understand that a large part of the drug trade is violent, its only natural for a business that operates outside of the law to have violent tendencies. However, if the business is brought under the control of law, and business, and ethics, then the violent tendencies will decrease as well.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:54 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
[quote=ditchlights;10722573]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Maybe not. But I'm willing to bet that many people who happen to be minorities of one sort or another voted in this election who had never voted before in their lives. My point being that if Obama shows any inkling towards focusing on Hispanics or other minorities in a negative way he will lose many votes in 2012.

I do agree with you entirely on the vote issue. A large number of people view Obama's presidency as the ultimate meal ticket. But I do believe there are ways to cut back on the narco-traffiking without losing the minority vote. It will take the full cooperation & participation of the Mexican government. The U.S. can crack down in certain areas without destroying our relationship with the country. Only since Obama got in office has the U.S. given a damn what countries it offends.

We have for decades cared too much what other countries think. I personally think Mexico is directly responsible for both our immigration & drug issues. We need not cooperate or care what they think. We only need to shoot when we see a person invading our country if they do not stop & drop immediately upon being discovered. If they cooperate they should be forced to turn around & walk back. If they die in the desert so be it. The nonsense would stop quickly. If they have drugs on them confiscate the drugs & send them back, no ride, no food, no water, just a chance to go home & stay there. Sounds cruel & I guess it is, but so is life.
They know they are breaking the law.

We let international feelings keep us out of Iraq for 12 years. We are still there largely because of global sympathies & a desire to look like we care. We shouldn't care. We are done. If the next guy commits genocide, as long as it stays there its nobodies business, same with Afganistan.
If Bush had a pair we would have Bin Laden today, instead we had to be buddy buddy with Pakistan because they are a "friend" all the while they train terrorists, have nukes & harbored Bin Laden.

Its long past time IMO we stopped careing about how we are percieved & started careing about the reality of our country.

We are broke, we cannot afford to play these games, we cannot keep letting our kids get killed in the mid east, or anywhere, just so we look like the Lone Ranger.

Obama is simply singing a different verse of a decades long song.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies