Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 03:45 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Trying to fool us? These 2 photos are not from today but represent past events. One of the photos has nice green trees (apparently taken from a low flying plane) and the other was taken winter - no leaves.
LOL conservatives are soooo deceitful aren't they!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 03:47 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,672,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I didn't say that. I said a couple hundred thousand - very clear what with the time-elapsed video, the CSpan video, the PArk Service schematic, and the pics.

For those lefties who could find no reason to have a flag at half staff on 9-12-09 - those are the ones who must have forgotten.
pfft, you've said it was obviously over a million numerous times, and you've never said that you were wrong. you just quietly downsized your claims, and jumped at any opportunity to advance them again (like the daily mail article).

and i mentioned that the flags were kept at half mast until 24 hours after the time the last plane hit, but that's not exactly common knowledge. i would think that most people, lefties or not, would assume that to commemorate 9/11, flags would be at half mast on 9/11, not 9/12.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:49 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
I didn't say that. I said a couple hundred thousand - very clear what with the time-elapsed video, the CSpan video, the PArk Service schematic, and the pics.
The video Kootr posted is a 2 second time lapse from local DC traffic cam.

Tea baggers started marching 14 seconds into the video, last of the baggers crossed the start point at 37 seconds.

All protesters crossed the same point within 43 seconds.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:50 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
LOL conservatives are soooo deceitful aren't they!
According to the Park Service schematic, that would be a couple of hundred thousand in attendance, since they are on the Mall and along the sides.

Cool, thanks.

i'm seriously wondering where the REAL aerial photos of this event are. i'd really like to see them. kootr's post makes 3 posted that were actually of other events. what's up with all the misinformation making the rounds of the right wing blogs? i can chalk some of it up to honest mistakes, but at some point someone made up a police estimate of the crowd size, and at some point three someones passed on a picture they knew wasn't of the event and said that it was.

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
NBC said hundreds of thousands as they reported on the ground. Based on the schematic the park service uses, it's probably somewhere around 150,000.

Park service changes course, plans to offer crowd estimate - USATODAY.com
Yet you seem to be the only one who heard this; it is not in any article from a google search I did shortly after you posted this yesterday using the words "NBC estimate", etc.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
The video Kootr posted is a 2 second time laps from local DC traffic cam.

Tea baggers started marching 14 seconds into the video, last of the baggers crossed the start point at 37 seconds.

All protesters crossed the same point within 43 seconds.
It took 2 1/2 to 3 hours for all the people to pass, according to officials and reports.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
According to the Park Service schematic, that would be a couple of hundred thousand in attendance, since they are on the Mall and along the sides.

Cool, thanks.
how many times does it have to be explained to you that the crowd density is not necessarily the same as it was at the inauguration? the schematic is based on an estimate of crowd density. if people were more spread out, it is not accurate.

in fact it's almost certainly not the same, since the west lawn was set up with chairs at the inauguration. people in the protest were not standing shoulder to shoulder in tight lines (although that certainly would have been intimidating).

Old 09-13-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Yet you seem to be the only one who heard this; it is not in any article from a google search I did shortly after you posted this yesterday using the words "NBC estimate", etc.
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: News and videos from the evening broadcast NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: News and videos from the evening broadcast- msnbc.com

SO many people, DC police had to close down PA AVE.

Our own people think hundreds of thousands.

Is it any surprise that most of the obama media would wish to downplay the numbers?

Stretched from the Capitol to the WH - a sea of people.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:53 PM

112 posts, read 173,022 times
See The 2.5 million American People in a peacefull protest....Makes me proud

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

912: America Awakens in 2009 (Many photos: You judge the crowd size)

More Photos from DC 9-12 Tea Party

God Bless them all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies