Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 06:15 AM

173 posts, read 364,710 times

Advertisements

The Thinking Housewife › An Aging Country Singer?

The Thinking Housewife › The Conservative Betrayal of Traditional Women

The Thinking Housewife › The Demented Sarah Palin Debate

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 09:44 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times
"I would just like to add that if I were jealous of Palin I would have made catty remarks about her appearance. I would have pointed out, for instance, that the lipstick she wore on the Barbara Walters show was far too glossy."

Say wot?

Old 11-27-2009, 11:07 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
"I would just like to add that if I were jealous of Palin I would have made catty remarks about her appearance. I would have pointed out, for instance, that the lipstick she wore on the Barbara Walters show was far too glossy."

Say wot?
If I were jealous of her, I would not have defended her parenting decisions with which I did not personally agree.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:10 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Is the OP saying that housewives cannot be feminists?
I know that some feminists don't have jobs outside of the home.

I'm confused with this strange assertion.

I do know that she'll never unite me with her base.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:52 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,060,763 times
Pretty much, most people I know hate her for trivializing the role of 50% of society in politics.

She is teaching great lessons by her actions...when the going gets tough, then slander, cry foul and run.

Old 11-27-2009, 12:01 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,014,110 times
Only totally clueless young women or men would think that feminists and housewives are two totally opposite groups and assume that Sarah Palin would unite them.

Old 11-27-2009, 12:42 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Only totally clueless young women or men would think that feminists and housewives are two totally opposite groups and assume that Sarah Palin would unite them.
Yeah, no kidding. They are not mutually exclusive. Bizarre thread.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:55 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
I have nothing against Ms Palin but she is just not intelligent or educated or stable enough to run the country. As long as she just continues doing what she is doing (making money off her fan base) I wish her nothing but the best. But to be President someone sure as hell better have better credentials than Sarah, or me for that matter. I want our best and brightest, not our most average and popular to lead this country.

And before you get your panties in a bunch I don't think Obama was the best choice either.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:11 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I have nothing against Ms Palin but she is just not intelligent or educated or stable enough to run the country. As long as she just continues doing what she is doing (making money off her fan base) I wish her nothing but the best. But to be President someone sure as hell better have better credentials than Sarah, or me for that matter. I want our best and brightest, not our most average and popular to lead this country.

And before you get your panties in a bunch I don't think Obama was the best choice either.
Here were a couple of thoughts from Camille Paglia that I thought were pertinent to your point:

"Whether Palin has a national future or not will depend on her willingness to hit the books at some point and absorb more information about international history and politics than she has needed to know in her role as governor..........it's pretty obvious that Palin still lacks that cadre of trusted pros who are the invisible elves behind every successful national politician -- the assistants who gather and vet material and who filter proposals and plan logistics."

Old 11-27-2009, 03:06 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If I were jealous of her, I would not have defended her parenting decisions with which I did not personally agree.
This sounds rather defensive. I'm not sure just what, if anything, you are implying. Are you leaving out something? Just want to know......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies