Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 05:53 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
BS, if you have a chronic condition and you're sick, you go to the hospital, you won't die. So, again, it's fear mongering to say people without HC die because of it.
What about those with chronic conditions that need to be treated continually? I can't just waltz into an ER and get my medication. Most doctors have never even heard of what I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 05:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
BS, if you have a chronic condition and you're sick, you go to the hospital, you won't die. So, again, it's fear mongering to say people without HC die because of it.
Do you know what a "chronic condition" is? It's a condition you always have. High cholesterol is a chronic condition. Can it kill you? Yes. High blook pressure is a chronic condition. Can it kill you? Yes. I could give a number of other examples.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:57 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Excuse me!!!! I have replied. This is Saturday, my only day off work. I have a house to care for. I don't stay on line all the time!!
Oh then so glad you can answer my question:

Please show some kind of proof that everybody or anybody that wants UHC ever said that people wouldn't get health care if they didn't have insurance.....one person said that? Two?

Old 09-12-2009, 06:06 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,872 times
Quote:
ok, so then why do you silly liberals say that people are dying without HC? Nobody should be dying if they can just go to the hospital and get treated. Is it all just fear tactics you guys use? Yeah, I think that's what it is.
I'm not a silly liberal but I'm suppose to wait in an ER with an emergency while someone with a chronic condition is being treated when they should be seeing their own doctor? And if you go to the ER and you are diagnosed with a chronic condition by them, don't they usually refer you to a private doctor? Or do you just make an appointment with them to continue your care? Not the ERs I have been too.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:15 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
What about those with chronic conditions that need to be treated continually? I can't just waltz into an ER and get my medication. Most doctors have never even heard of what I have.
And just think, with the health care system we have now, the one the repugs worship, if you have a chronic condition and lose your job ( lose your health insurance)YOU WILL NEVER GET INSURANCE AGAIN.

YOU now have a pre-existing condition and the Insurance Company Death Panels have condemned you to death.

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 09-12-2009 at 06:39 PM..

Old 09-12-2009, 06:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
ERs are supposed to be for emergencies. Some people also use them for acute illnesses (sore throats, etc). I have never heard of anyone showing up at an ER for blood pressure monitoring,a pap smear, a routine physical, etc.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:23 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
My daughter called last night to say she was rushing my sister's husband to the hospital. He had some kind of nuclear test yesterday and the doctor called last night and told my sister to get the guy to the emergency room. He has a badly damaged heart. He has no insurance! Why did he have a doctor? What was he doing having a test done? Why did the doctor tell him to go to the hospital? Those who want UHC claim he will not be treated because he has NO INSURANCE. He is still in the hospital! The doctor, the hospital and everyone else knows he has no insurance. He won't work. He is in his mid 50's so is not eligible for medicare. My sister only gets about $300 a month for SS. This just can't be!!
Well give us more details please! First of all, he got up and walked into - ? What doctors office did he walk into for free? Which one does not have the sign that says "payment expected on day services are given"
Then you say he had some kind of "nuclear test"- where? who gave him that for free? Sounds expensive to me. I only ask because lots of people out here would like to know where to go for all this treatment.
Then you say he is in the hospital because he entered it through the ER which means that the rest of us who pay taxes and have health insurance are going to pay for that freeloading leech to be in the hospital!
And the hospital is just going to figure out a way to dump him- either on a county hospital or back home. If you think they are going to give him expensive surgery or a transplant, you got another think coming.
Hopefully he has life insurance because I got a feeling he is gonna need it soon.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:26 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
If the average cost of a night's stay at the hospital is $3,000 - $5,000 (based on a quick internet search), I hope your sister's husband has some money tucked away.

A friend of mine was charged $10,000 / night.
They won't pay anything. Me and you will pay for it. I doubt they have any assets. They both sound like lazy leeches to me. He won't work and she is on SS - I am assuming SSI since he is only mid 50s and she probably is not 65 either. They are both bums and the both probably smoke and drink and when bums get sick, guess who foots the bill?

Old 09-12-2009, 06:32 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
I'm not a silly liberal but I'm suppose to wait in an ER with an emergency while someone with a chronic condition is being treated when they should be seeing their own doctor? And if you go to the ER and you are diagnosed with a chronic condition by them, don't they usually refer you to a private doctor? Or do you just make an appointment with them to continue your care? Not the ERs I have been too.
The ER will refer you to your own doctor and if you have none they may recommend some names. However, they cannot make those doctors see you if the doctors choose not to take patients who are uninsured.

So many of those people go home and go without medical care until the next crisis which sends them back to the ER.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:44 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
They won't pay anything. Me and you will pay for it. I doubt they have any assets. They both sound like lazy leeches to me. He won't work and she is on SS - I am assuming SSI since he is only mid 50s and she probably is not 65 either. They are both bums and the both probably smoke and drink and when bums get sick, guess who foots the bill?

Horse Manure Kev

Out and out crap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies