Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 07:56 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Lots of people have no insurance I was one for a long time. I went to the Dr. every time I needed to.
Most hospitals will stabilize anyone than if they have no insurance will transfer them to a county hospital if needed.
Why would you assume all counties have hospitals? What is a county hospital anyway? A hospital supported by state and county tax dollars? Where are they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 08:07 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Can you give me a link to that 216 Billion dollars spent on illegal alien heath care?
As long as it's not a lift from a biased opinion piece or from some PAC with an agenda but based on a non partisan study, then I can use it in other posts. Thanks
This is just one place.........................

Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael Antonovich recently made public the staggering amount which the taxpayers spend on illegal aliens, living in L.A. County. This June alone, the county paid out $48 million to the children of illegal aliens, known as ‘anchor babies,’ an increase of $10 million over June 2007.

$26 million of that total came in the form of food stamps, while another $22 million was given to the illegal alien families in welfare checks.

If the current pace continues for the remainder of 2009, Los Angeles County will spend nearly $600 million on those two programs this year alone. That is in addition to the more than $1 billion that the county spends annually on the medical treatment, education, emergency services, and incarceration of illegal aliens.

These figures truly explain why not only L.A. County, but the entire state of California are now in financial ruin. Supervisor Michael Antonovich told reporters that illegal aliens continue to have a “catastrophic impact on Los Angeles County taxpayers

ALIPAC - Proof that illegal aliens are bankrupting Los Angeles

Old 09-12-2009, 08:18 PM

11 posts, read 31,480 times
Quote:
Can you give me a link to that 216 Billion dollars spent on illegal alien heath care? As long as it's not a lift from a biased opinion piece or from some PAC with an agenda but based on a non partisan study, then I can use it in other posts. Thanks
DHS budget for 2008 line item

Old 09-12-2009, 08:19 PM

11 posts, read 31,480 times
Quote:
Can you give me a link to that 216 Billion dollars spent on illegal alien heath care? As long as it's not a lift from a biased opinion piece or from some PAC with an agenda but based on a non partisan study, then I can use it in other posts. Thanks

Check line items in the DHS budgets

Old 09-12-2009, 08:23 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armynse View Post
Check line items in the DHS budgets
Budget says 42 billion total for DHS
Your number is 5 times that.

Are you using numbers for a 10-year period?

Last edited by compJockey; 09-12-2009 at 08:33 PM..

Old 09-12-2009, 08:32 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
This is just one place.........................

Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael Antonovich recently made public the staggering amount which the taxpayers spend on illegal aliens, living in L.A. County. This June alone, the county paid out $48 million to the children of illegal aliens, known as ‘anchor babies,’ an increase of $10 million over June 2007.

$26 million of that total came in the form of food stamps, while another $22 million was given to the illegal alien families in welfare checks.

If the current pace continues for the remainder of 2009, Los Angeles County will spend nearly $600 million on those two programs this year alone. That is in addition to the more than $1 billion that the county spends annually on the medical treatment, education, emergency services, and incarceration of illegal aliens.

These figures truly explain why not only L.A. County, but the entire state of California are now in financial ruin. Supervisor Michael Antonovich told reporters that illegal aliens continue to have a “catastrophic impact on Los Angeles County taxpayers

ALIPAC - Proof that illegal aliens are bankrupting Los Angeles
Babies born in this country are not illegal aliens regardless of their parents' status. Like it or not, those babies are citizens and are entitled to the same programs as any other citizens.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:39 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Sorry! I missed your post where you told me who pays for this...must be that darn dial-up I have....can you repeat , please???
Post #130

Old 09-12-2009, 08:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) - Arizona's version of Medicaid, is paid for by a combination of State and Federal Dollars. Other services that are arranged for are often donated by the health care provider or service, or private grants. Some services, such as Dental and Vision, are provided at little or no costs by the colleges.
""" State and Federal Dollars"""

is that the same as taxes......??

Old 09-12-2009, 08:45 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""" State and Federal Dollars"""

is that the same as taxes......??
Yes

BTW, your apologies is accepted

Old 09-12-2009, 09:37 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
My daughter called last night to say she was rushing my sister's husband to the hospital. He had some kind of nuclear test yesterday and the doctor called last night and told my sister to get the guy to the emergency room. He has a badly damaged heart. He has no insurance! Why did he have a doctor? What was he doing having a test done? Why did the doctor tell him to go to the hospital? Those who want UHC claim he will not be treated because he has NO INSURANCE. He is still in the hospital! The doctor, the hospital and everyone else knows he has no insurance. He won't work. He is in his mid 50's so is not eligible for medicare. My sister only gets about $300 a month for SS. This just can't be!!
Guess who pays for his treatment. You do, I do anyone that does have insurance and goes to the doctor or hospital, that is who pays for it.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies