Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 01:01 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Having been part of a citizens advisory group for almost 3 years - and having been part of this group who made recommendations to the Congress on suggested changes in the health insurance and the health care delivery system in the US, I'd have to say that I might be a little closer to the issue than some others.

And as for the "radar" screen comment: Socialized health care, or a NHC or UHC style scheme IS NOT being proposed (radar screen) nor even being discussed.
Well, one thing that we ALL know, everyone of us, is that you won't be around forever and neither will we. Perhaps, there will be a more enlightened group of people in the U.S. someday that will actually CARE about other people and won't have the attitude of "I got mine, the rest of humanity (including the U.S.) can go scr*w themselves." One can hope that the latter will happen; it is with certainty that the former will happen.

I often wonder how people can sleep peacefully at night knowing that there are other people suffering and knowing that they're not doing even one iota to lessen that suffering. Instead they sit there on their high perch looking down at everyone else and gloating, acting like all-knowing, pompous a*ses. SICKENING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 01:08 PM

272 posts, read 215,893 times
Link please. I'd like proof of all these gloating pompus asses

Old 09-13-2009, 01:10 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Well, one thing that we ALL know, everyone of us, is that you won't be around forever and neither will we. Perhaps, there will be a more enlightened group of people in the U.S. someday that will actually CARE about other people and won't have the attitude of "I got mine, the rest of humanity (including the U.S.) can go scr*w themselves." One can hope that the latter will happen; it is with certainty that the former will happen.

I often wonder how people can sleep peacefully at night knowing that there are other people suffering and knowing that they're not doing even one iota to lessen that suffering. Instead they sit there on their high perch looking down at everyone else and gloating, acting like all-knowing, pompous a*ses. SICKENING.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to really do justice to the ENTIRE issue on a forum like this - it is far to complex an issue. But, let me try this:

THE main problem with converting the US over to a National Health Care scheme - which is owned and operated by the government (similar to the UK) is the sheer cost of start up.

And here is the complexity: Our Constitution would MANDATE / REQUIRE the Government (Taxpayers) to purchase every Insurance company, every hospital, every clinic, every physicians private practice, every diagnostic provider etc in the entire country - just to begin.

The Cost to do this is absolutely unimaginable. And this is the MAJOR blockage to converting to a National Health care type system.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:13 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagey cretin View Post
Link please. I'd like proof of all these gloating pompus asses
You want proof? Any mirror will do. Play your games with someone else. We all know what we are. There is no doubt that there are plenty of pompous people who think they have the world all figured out; that is, until they fall flat on their face. Let's hope that there are more compassionate people to help pick them back up.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:16 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,012,232 times
A Public option would not require such a feat (purchasing insurance agencies) and since insurance agencies EXIST within the UK system too.. I think your "excuse" is rubbish (as the Brits would put it). All it would require them to do is restructure their business models and think of new ways to maximize their profit potential..

But that aside.. going back toyour entire "charity" stuff..

Basically THAt is someone paying for someone else..

Why not a system where that person could actually contribute to their own care rather than have to be forced to rely on "charity"???

why are you so opposed to a public option? Afraid that the insurance companies might have to lower their premiums to compete? Really.. because i think that is a good thing.

And since so many of you and your like are so afraid of "the government" you wouldn't choose the public option anyway.. so you could keep private in business by using THEIR services.. and those of us like myself can use the public option.. ??

I just don't get why you are all so afraid if the government option.. if the government is so incompentent as you like to say it is.That doesn't make sense.

Oh... and the government option is NOT to be funded by tax payer dollars as Obama mentioned in his speech.. so why all the objection?

Old 09-13-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:

Old 09-13-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
A Public option would not require such a feat (purchasing insurance agencies) and since insurance agencies EXIST within the UK system too.. I think your "excuse" is rubbish (as the Brits would put it). All it would require them to do is restructure their business models and think of new ways to maximize their profit potential..
I did NOT SAY a "public option" would require the buy outs TM - there you go misrepresenting my posts once again

I said, quite CLEARLY, that a NHC/UHI would.

How about some honesty from you once in a while.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I did NOT SAY a "public option" would require the buy outs TM - there you go misrepresenting my posts once again

I said, quite CLEARLY, that a NHC/UHI would.

How about some honesty from you once in a while.
I didn't say you said that.. where inmy post did I say you said that.

I do know that you object to a public option and was simply pointing out that what you say about an NHC or UHC does not apply to the public option.

Wow.. talk about mis-representing my post.. again..I didn't say that YOU said that buying out applies to a public option.. merely pointing out it doesn't.. so why the objection to that.

I did say, however , that your "excuse" against it in a BRITISH system is rubbish.. because private health insurance DOES exist in the UK.. and thrives quite well too.

Paranoid much?

Old 09-13-2009, 01:25 PM

272 posts, read 215,893 times
Alot of pointless unsubstantiated hyperbloe. You are entitled to your opinion. Because you spit it with conviction doesnt make it the true.

Quote:
You want proof? Any mirror will do. Play your games with someone else. We all know what we are. There is no doubt that there are plenty of pompous people who think they have the world all figured out; that is, until they fall flat on their face. Let's hope that there are more compassionate people to help pick them back up.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
I didn't say you said that.. where inmy post did I say you said that.
Post 195: Your words:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies