Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 04:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagey cretin View Post
They'd have enough to pay an insurance premium!
Depends. Perhaps you haven't heard yet that the reason we need healthcare reform is because of the outrageous premiums insurance companies are charging many people. Also, these people who cut out everything in their life in order to pay for health insurance could be denied anyway due to a pre-existing condition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 04:58 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Oh.. as opposed to your attitude that what happens in AZ happens everwhere??
ONCE AGAIN TM, you have misrepresented, lied, about my post(S).

I HAVE NEVER said what you attribute to me. Quite the opposite in fact. I have said - "In my state", or "I don't know how it happens where you live" or ....and so on.

STOP IT TM.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
And yes - I do care.

But, I don't believe, as you obviously do, that government is the "be all, end all" - nor believe Government should be as intrusive, as you do, in our lives.

You would not be opposed to Government taking control of all of our lives. I can't even think of such a thing.

You want BIGGER, MUCH BIGGER Government - and Government involvement

Others, including myself, want smaller, MUCH SMALLER Government and government involvement.

BTW, how do you explain Government workers voluntarily leaving Government to go to work for Private Industry - where they get better pay and benefits? How is this possible?
Yes, you and Bernie Madoff!

Old 09-13-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Many of our recommendations are being incorporated into the Senate Bill.

We are getting almost daily updates from the Liaison for the Congress assigned to us. So, in a sense yes, we are getting the "inside" scoop.
Which Senate Bill and what recommendations?

Old 09-13-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Which Senate Bill and what recommendations?
The Senate Bill being authored, literally as we speak. It will be introduced this week or next

I'm not going to re-write the recommendations again. You can search for posts by me - I have provided them before (most - not all)

Old 09-13-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Yes, you and Bernie Madoff!
Nonsensical post.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
However "it" happens TM - the CARE is available.

The discussion, this thread (read the title) is about INSURANCE - paying for the care. Not the care itself.
ER care is not cost effective and costs everyone. This has been acknowledged long ago as an expensive and inefficient way to provide healthcare to the uninsured. This system is kept in place because lawmakers want to appease filthy rich insurance companies!
BTW, a doctor can refuse to treat a patient without the ability to pay( just as your wife refuses to treat Medicare patients). This leaves those people with no choice but to go the ER when things become critical. Then we all pay and pay more! Bad system.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
ER care is not cost effective and costs everyone. .
Again, apples and oranges.

The FACT remains, the CARE is available.

Now, while I will agree it is not COST effective, they are, in fact, two totally seperate and distinct, issues.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Care and INSURANCE, are two, totally seperate issues.

As for "single payer" - one issue that our citizens advisory group had 100% total agreement on (it was one of the few things that we all did agree on) was, logistically and as a practical matter, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to initiate, regulate and apply - collect. There are so many variable in the US compared to other countries - that a single pay will not work.
This makes no sense. What are the specific variables in the US that make a single pay system impossible?

Old 09-13-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
This makes no sense. What are the specific variables in the US that make a single pay system impossible?
I can give you a couple:

1) Not everyone is employed there fore no tax witholding

2) The underground economy - people who work off the books - millions of them nationwide

3) Not everyone files tax returns - maybe they should but .....

These are but three of many

There was also discussion about who would be responsible for collecting / paying the required monies - government or employer or both or ....

There was the discussion about the need with single payer to VASTLY ENLARGE the collection divisions of government - growing government

And then, the discussion about, under a true Single payer - government owned and operated system - the Constitution and Eminent Domain. A whole different topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies