Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 09:14 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

As long as the far left think 9/11 was American's fault Obama will have a difficult time if another attack happens. What is he gong to say? We are so sorry for pissing you off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

38 posts, read 51,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No. The right wing radicals would blame Obama. The left wing radicals would want to talk to the terrorists and reach concensus(sp) and the middle majority would be in the dark because of all the misinformation coming from both fringes(kinda like health care reform). Reaction to the attack would be put in committee in the house where it never saw the light of day again.
excellent answer. now i hope ergohead will amuse me and tell me why i am creepy.

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
To me, the answer to the question would be directly related to what Obama proposed to do. If he announced that these were enemies of our nation and put the Pentagon on alert that would be a good start for my support. If however he announced that he wanted to study the situation before releasing a statement, he would lose me at that minute.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
To me, the answer to the question would be directly related to what Obama proposed to do. If he announced that these were enemies of our nation and put the Pentagon on alert that would be a good start for my support. If however he announced that he wanted to study the situation before releasing a statement, he would lose me at that minute.
Many liberals became conservative on 9/11.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:21 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Many liberals became conservative on 9/11.
Yes indeed!

Old 09-12-2009, 09:32 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
The country came together and rallied for America....Bush just happened to be the president when it happened (and a new president at that). I'm independent and I feel the same way about Obama as I did Bush....it's not the individual or the party they belong to that I support or criticize, it's what the government does as a whole.

One thing I notice though....when Bush was in office, there were those that supported him. Now that Obama is in office, he's got supporters like Bush had but, he also has fans....fans that rally when he speaks.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No. The right wing radicals would blame Obama. The left wing radicals would want to talk to the terrorists and reach concensus(sp) and the middle majority would be in the dark because of all the misinformation coming from both fringes(kinda like health care reform). Reaction to the attack would be put in committee in the house where it never saw the light of day again.
This is the best answer that describes the current state of affairs in America today.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:41 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaynh View Post
ummmmm...can you 2 things for me....

1. tell me what you mean by that little attack on me you just made.

2. answer my question on my post instead of attacking me.

thank you.

Not attacking - Just making observation.

But tell me, what grade are you in?

Old 09-12-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
The country came together and rallied for America....Bush just happened to be the president when it happened (and a new president at that). I'm independent and I feel the same way about Obama as I did Bush....it's not the individual or the party they belong to that I support or criticize, it's what the government does as a whole.

One thing I notice though....when Bush was in office, there were those that supported him. Now that Obama is in office, he's got supporters like Bush had but, he also has fans....fans that rally when he speaks.

LOL, that is just ACORN people. They get their marching orders.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:09 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
I, for one, never rallied around Bush. Mr. Bullhorn tinhorn.
As far as rallying around Obama, who knows ? If the US is attacked again, Obama won't be able to protect us with a color coded alert. If we are attacked, the "we have to fight them over there so that we don't have to fight them here" mantra won't have meant a great deal. Sad to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies