Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 10:35 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaynh View Post
knew it!!!! find the "truther" forum and spread that filth over there please. hahahah...and you said I was the creepy one???? hahhahaha.
Ok, let me rephrase - Like the Right IS Bush, the Left may Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 10:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
not on this thread...but do a search on this site for left wingers claiming that 9-11 was bush's fault for not protecting the country.
I haven't seen much evidence of that. You are very new to this board, at most on it 12 days. I don't know how you could come to that conclusion. There are many who rightly point out that Bush was the pres when the attack happened. A lot of people blame Clinton for it. I happen to agree with Joe Biden's words, however undiplomatic, about foreign powers wanting to test a new president, although in the case of 9/11 it was Bush who got tested.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:36 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,564 times
Quote:
i think as long as he takes some sort of action against the terrorist instead of the "we will talk to them" approach that he has with other terrorists (n. korea) people will rally around him.

another question: anti-bush folks blame him for the attacks by saying he did not keep us safe even though the attacks came in his first 8 months. if something happened 1 week from now would those same people be willing to blame obama like they did bush? or would they continue to blame bush for things happening now?
This is where blaming Bush for not keeping us safe came up. I should have specified the "not keeping us safe" part in my post.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:38 PM

38 posts, read 51,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I haven't seen much evidence of that. You are very new to this board, at most on it 12 days. I don't know how you could come to that conclusion. There are many who rightly point out that Bush was the pres when the attack happened. A lot of people blame Clinton for it. I happen to agree with Joe Biden's words, however undiplomatic, about foreign powers wanting to test a new president, although in the case of 9/11 it was Bush who got tested.

i have been reading this board for a while.....i just never took the time to register until recently. i'm fine with people saying bush didn't protect the country 8 months in. now i just wish dems would take credit for this now being obama's economy. he is 8 months in as well and has passed a stimulus bill. this is now his economy.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:39 PM

38 posts, read 51,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Ok, let me rephrase - Like the Right IS Bush, the Left may Obama.
it doesn't matter if you rephrase or not....you lost all credibilty by showing you are a "truther". thanks.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
This is where blaming Bush for not keeping us safe came up. I should have specified the "not keeping us safe" part in my post.
Actually, I think at the time, very few blamed Bush and most were supportive of him.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:42 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
It would depend on his reaction to it.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:46 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Actually, I think at the time, very few blamed Bush and most were supportive of him.
He was only president for 8 months after all. But after time it was inevitible that someone would start the blame game. If anything the ball was dropped years ago as far as our security. But the realitity is they would have found some way to attack us. Let's just hope it never happens again and we won't have to worry about any reaction a president would have.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Papa Bush to Baby Bush: "Son, if you want to be president, you'll have to move to Texas and act stupid."

Baby Bush: "Piece of cake, heh, heh - but what about after I'm elected?"

Papa Bush: "Just keep acting stupid - everything else will fall into place".

Old 09-12-2009, 10:49 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,526,713 times
That won't happen, because we have a smart administration. All Bush and Cheney did was making us less secure. Not to mention that idiot Newt Gingrich's house, which spend all their energy in trying to impeach Clinton instead of working for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies