Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 03:39 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
This is an interesting question I heard on Real Time with Bill Maher.

Those who is against Obama would you be willing to rally around him? would the country come together?

Hopefully another terrorist attack doesnt occur.
Yes, I think we would. I'm basing that on my personal experience and those of my friends after 9-11. We all became one America that day and I think the same would be true again, no matter who is in the White House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 03:41 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
I would absolutely support Obama. Should I turn my back on my country if my guy doesn't win an election? What's wrong with you people?

Old 09-13-2009, 03:43 PM

82 posts, read 192,646 times
The vast majority of mainstream Americans would. The vast majority of Americans agree that they don't like being attacked and killed by terrorist, and thus would agree with any president's efforts to prevent that.

Then there's the fringe element that keeps the internet entertaining.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:44 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
I would rally around all my American brothers and sisters if a terrorist attack occurs her. Politics take a back seat in such a situation.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:50 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Oh god. Get a grip !
No, YOU get a grip. When we are attacked, the time for talk is over. Whomever is leading , must be able to inspire a fighting spirit. Not cowtow to views that would send our troops into battle with empty rifles. Kinda like you would. I'm a hawk, your a dove, that's obvious, your view would have us on all fours, begging for a peaceful solution. Mine would have our boot on the enemies throat. If this country is attacked, the people will NOT rally behind your take on things. That is an historical fact. If Obama wnats the citizenry to unite behind him, in a time like 911, he will have to show desicive leadership, and quick action. Put us immediatly on the offensive, and on top. Bush did not do that, and I do not think Obama can either. We have not been able to work that way in quite some time. Ain't it just groovy though man Give peace a chance.................

Old 09-13-2009, 03:53 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Clinton talked to Kim Jong ll recently. It went well. There was no chest pounding.
It's possible that a big bag of money did all of his talking for him.

Money may not make the world go round, but it does grease the bearings.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:52 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
No, YOU get a grip. When we are attacked, the time for talk is over. Whomever is leading , must be able to inspire a fighting spirit. Not cowtow to views that would send our troops into battle with empty rifles. Kinda like you would. I'm a hawk, your a dove, that's obvious, your view would have us on all fours, begging for a peaceful solution. Mine would have our boot on the enemies throat. If this country is attacked, the people will NOT rally behind your take on things. That is an historical fact. If Obama wnats the citizenry to unite behind him, in a time like 911, he will have to show desicive leadership, and quick action. Put us immediatly on the offensive, and on top. Bush did not do that, and I do not think Obama can either. We have not been able to work that way in quite some time. Ain't it just groovy though man Give peace a chance.................
You sure you don't write scripts for war films geared toward people who eat railroad spikes for breakfast ?

Old 09-13-2009, 04:55 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
You sure you don't write scripts for war films geared toward people who eat railroad spikes for breakfast ?
Here's the deal though: The other poster? He is right. You would not fight. You're a pacifist. A few others are like you.

But, if we are attacked - we WILL retaliate - we WILL stand up and fight.

And, you will be able to say "Thank You" to those REAL Americans who saved your butt!

Old 09-13-2009, 05:06 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
I don't recall actually rallying around the President. I do recall rallying around the flag and the country, circling the wagons (so to speak), and halting temporarily the Right vs. Left, R vs. D, etc. rhetoric. If the the nation were attacked again, I'd expect the same response and I also expect it not to last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies