Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 08:44 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,532,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone View Post
I think you misunderstand me. I never said America was great because she was white. I just said that it evolved that way, and I don't think God made a mistake when that happened. As such I don't apologize for America being setteled by white people.

All your other intellectual musings are just gibberish. Michael Savage is right that liberalism is a mental disorder. That's what happens you believe there is no God or you believe that He isn't involved.
Thanks for talking to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone View Post
Sir, you are living in a fantasy world. America is certainly a Christian nation, and always was a Christian nation. 80% of us claim to be Christian. And at one time it was 90% white, but it's probably down to 70% white now. Certainly that is a majority that even you can understand. So America was organized around a particular religion and a particular race. 70% and 80% says so. Can you not understand simple mathmatics like this? You do have your occasional lucid moments though.
America is majority white. I get this. So is Argentina (a LOT whiter, as a matter of fact). So is Uruguay. So is Albania. So was Nazi Germany and so is the Ukraine. I understand that these places are largely "white". Japan, Singapore, and Taiwan are majority non-White. I get this, too.

However, I don't live there...I live here.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:05 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,905,267 times
[quote=Sunil's Dad;10763148]
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post

If you know about American history, you would understand that it has been more than "a few."

That would be great - if I actually generalized.

One is too many.

Anger does not exist in a vacuum. Anger is a direct result of experience.

How do you define "conforming to American ideals"?
I do know about American history, but the past is the past. You look on today's society expecting faults because of our troubled history (as far as race relations go). I grew up in a much different era so naturally I find it offensive to be indicted of racial hatred due to my skin. Not only was I not alive during all that institutional racism but my current life hasn't benefited from it either.

You said "a basic American hypocrisy" and then qualified it by saying they're not blacks or latinos. Whatever your beliefs are you generalized in that post.

it's obvious you're just using your posts to lash out because of real and perceived racism. Since neither of us are getting anything out of this I don't really feel like continuing this conversation and will let you be bitter in peace

Old 09-15-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
We had a ROUSING thread about 'White Guilt' long ago on this forum..lots of input. (I suppose it's still in the archives).I recall at the time stating that, while it certainly exists, I preferred to call it 'Western, post-Protestant, liberal-secular guilt'. Although nearly ALL 'sufferers' are white, MANY white societies seem pretty much immune. It's product of liberal, Protestant tradition, with a heavy overlay of 'secularism'....not 'whiteness'. Interesting subject, though.
Thankfully this malaise has had no affect on me or most of my family and friends.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Thankfully this malaise has had no affect on me or most of my family and friends.

"Well, it SHOULD !!! "....... (sarcasm intentional)

Old 09-15-2009, 08:24 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,589,342 times
[quote]
Quote:

I do know about American history, but the past is the past.
What you don't know, or don't realize, or refuse to acknowledge, is that this discrimination I decry continues to happen in the here and now.

Quote:
You look on today's society expecting faults because of our troubled history (as far as race relations go).
I only speak about what I myself have witnessed firsthand.

Quote:
I grew up in a much different era so naturally I find it offensive to be indicted of racial hatred due to my skin. Not only was I not alive during all that institutional racism but my current life hasn't benefited from it either.
Who is indicting you of anything? You are making assumptions that I am implicating you in my statements. If you don't discriminate or are not biased, you have nothing to worry about.

Do you have something to worry about?

Quote:
You said "a basic American hypocrisy" and then qualified it by saying they're not blacks or latinos. Whatever your beliefs are you generalized in that post.
Huh?

Quote:
it's obvious you're just using your posts to lash out because of real and perceived racism. Since neither of us are getting anything out of this I don't really feel like continuing this conversation and will let you be bitter in peace
How magnanimously American of you.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:44 PM

[quote=Sunil's Dad;10775642]
Quote:

Do you have something to worry about?
Nope. But when people refer to a group of people, if you are in that group then they are referring to you.

Quote:
Huh?
You generalized by calling Americans (whites specifically) hypocritical.

Quote:
How magnanimously American of you.
What does this even mean?

Old 09-16-2009, 07:06 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,589,342 times
Quote:
Nope. But when people refer to a group of people, if you are in that group then they are referring to you.
If that's what you think.

Quote:
You generalized by calling Americans (whites specifically) hypocritical.
When do I ever call all whites or all Americans hypocritical?

Quote:
What does this even mean?
You're letting me be bitter in peace. It's, well, touching. I even teared up and everything.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:07 AM

487 posts, read 635,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

The world is FULL of countries...(and EX-countries) which tried....and failed...to include 2, 3, or more cultural systems within one country. Some no longer exist, having broken into their component 'pieces'. Some continue under brutal authoritarian governments, having no freedom to disagree with each other..and some, as we speak, today, are engaged in years-long 'ethnic cleansing' warfare..because, though they live in the same country, they just can't STAND the cultures of their neighbors.
Thats the bitter irony, the places in the world with the most diversity are the places with the most conflict and bloodshed.

I don't know how long this social experiment can last, it seems the only thing holding it together is the prosperity brought by modern technology. Nobody cares as long as the system benefits them and they're getting food on their plate. If diversity is so great than why do people with free will continually seek living and interacting with people like themselves. The only time diversity occurs is when the government forces it, it never happens naturally.. What would hold the country together if times ever got rough, simply the idea of America?

Liberals tend to speak in code, when they talk about "diversity" and "multiculturalism" they're referring to the forced replacement of European culture and heritage that made this the greatest nation in the history of the world. They KNOW that diversity doesn't work, they know it breeds chaos. The reason they want that chaos is because our only choice will be to look to government as the solution, and with the vast majority of "minorities" voting for Democratic party because its the party of racial freebies they can ensure that they'll be in power forever. This is why they want to legalize 20 million foreign nationals.

Last edited by dusk99; 09-16-2009 at 07:24 AM..

Old 09-16-2009, 07:15 AM

487 posts, read 635,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Considering that the Native Americans' land was taken from them forcibly, and that the U.S. government has never honored any treaties with these nations, I find this statement naive, ignorant and laughable.
Stop referring to the "native americans" as one monolithic group, I found that insulting and patronizing. The "native americans" fought amongst themselves for land, so goes the laws of nature. The europeans were simply another tribe, albeit a much larger, more advanced, and more capable one. Quit trying to apply 21st century liberal doctrine to another era.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies