Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:50 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
49587496732908673298487 times <------------ That's funny!

The sad fact is conservatives would never bring up race at all. I never even think about race until I log onto CD. I am praying the left will one day run out of race cards but I will not hold my breath.
I have seen the right complain much more about the 'fear' of being labeled a racist if they criticize Obama than those on the left accuse conservatives of racism when they criticize Obama.

In fact I have seen very few liberals use the race card when it comes to Obama. That isn't to say no one has used it, granted some have. However, the vast majority of the only times I have seen used is when people are screaming he was born in Kenya, not a citizen, or that he is a Muslim or the criticism is made by someone who has ties to Confederate groups.

If you disagree with Obama you have every tight to criticize him if you want to, however if you can't do it without throwing around asinine accusations about where he was born, can't do it without suggesting he is anti-American.

Again with Wilson I tend to believe his comments were utterly retarded and not racist, but considering his comments regarding the "smear" against Thurmond with the acknowledgment of his illegitimate black child, his connections to Confederate groups, I can understand why some may think his comments may have been racially motivated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 01:51 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
No, not at all. But it's not the reason racism exists today. It's just a real poor excuse.

- Reel
Dear god! Give me a break. So, the racism in this country and all the lost lives and all the torture has NOTHING to do with the lingering racism that exists still today? Hey, the 1960s were NOT that long ago.

I think you need a really good American history course. Let me suggest Howard Zinn's book on the People's History of the United States.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:52 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
Don't you see what I am talking about? No one, not even people with legitamate criticism can say anything about him or someone on the left screams "Racism". It's not that much of a stretch to see the liberals taking it another step and making criticising him a criminal offence.
People said the exact same things about George Bush, word for word, except it came from the "diversity dictators". They called Bush an ape, they called him a Nazi, they said he planned 9/11. And no one cared when they said that

But now, if you say some Chairman 0bama's tie isn't tied right the left is ready to take you to the guillotine. This is just like in China, where people are not allowed to criticise their government and those who do are quickly crushed.
You're in left field. The smear campaign against Obama is almost always without merit. Caricaturing anyone with being an "ape" is wrong.

Calling Bush a "Nazi" would be akin to comparing his fabricated invasion of Iraq with Hitler's fabricated reasons for invading Poland. Politically speaking, since Hitler was a Nazi you are comparing his political party to the neoconservative Republicans of the Bush era. The actual comparison does exist, for the reason I just listed in the previous sentence .

Old 09-13-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
The New York Times is the liberal Bible, or the equivalent thereof. Everything in it is gospel. 90% of liberals read it cover to cover and believe it to be the infalliable word of a God they don't believe in. If you are a liberal and don't read the NYT, then you aren't a real liberal.
OMG! Are those numbers just your opinion and belief, or do you have links to substantiate your views?

Old 09-13-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Possibly New Nation News ?
ahhhh, what an interesting source indeed.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:59 PM

192 posts, read 219,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
ahhhh, what an interesting source indeed.
I'm surprised you hadn't heard of that one. Other than the KKK I haven't heard of any other white nationalist or racist groups. I don't spend too much time thinking about things like that, maybe I should.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:00 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13
Let me suggest Howard Zinn's book on the People's History of the United States.

Oh dear. Well THAT explains quite a bit!

Old 09-13-2009, 02:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Mark my words, right here, right now, by the end of Chairman 0bama's second term it will be a capital offence to criticise him. The leftists are playing the race card every five minutes. It is the only way they can silence debate. You call someone a "racist" and they immediately shut up for fear of the reprocussions.

99% of liberals believe that those who criticise 0bama have no reason to do it other than race. The United States is going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too far to the left. I avoid criticising him in public. We are on our way to our own "1984", slowly, but we are on the way.
Johnny, might I suggest that the move left was slow for thirty years but the last 8 months it has been moving with a rapidity that has amazed me. With the help of the media they have pushed us further than I ever thought could be done in 4 years.

Also, I could suggest that I talk like you said you couldn't in public all the time, in my home town or others around it. Of course, I live in southwest Kansas and Dems don't abound around here. I don't know many unemployed people, who want to work but the pay isn't real good except it is plenty to live well here in the sticks.

Now to get serious, with you, let me say that you probably would have some trouble adjusting to the lack of life you are used to.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:07 PM

192 posts, read 219,855 times
Yeah, but I am also a gay. And even though they don't happen on a daily basis, beatings of homosexuals to death tend to happen out in the square states. It probably isn't as risky as say, Pakistan, or the like, but it's not something I would chance.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Dear god! Give me a break. So, the racism in this country and all the lost lives and all the torture has NOTHING to do with the lingering racism that exists still today? Hey, the 1960s were NOT that long ago.

I think you need a really good American history course. Let me suggest Howard Zinn's book on the People's History of the United States.
Considering the amount of re-writing that has come with left leaners and other revisionists in the past 30 years I think my new book, "The Politically Incorrect History of the US would be more like the truth. I am working about procuring a copy of the American History textbook from the school that my wife teaches at to see just why the teacher, a man in his early 40s doesn't like the way it treats our history. I am sure I know and won't have to check a whole lot more than the treatment of the writing of the Constitution and how it treats the founders. One mention of them being slavers will do it in for me.

Hey girl, I couldn't find a decent textbook for that subject when I left the profession in 1986 and we both know that it hasn't got any better since then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies