Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:15 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,439,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
Mark my words, right here, right now, by the end of Chairman 0bama's second term it will be a capital offence to criticise him. The leftists are playing the race card every five minutes. It is the only way they can silence debate. You call someone a "racist" and they immediately shut up for fear of the reprocussions.

99% of liberals believe that those who criticise 0bama have no reason to do it other than race. The United States is going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too far to the left. I avoid criticising him in public. We are on our way to our own "1984", slowly, but we are on the way.

You're half baked. You sound like another one of those who were holding Obama signs o0f the guy dressed up like Hitler because he wishes to fix a broken healthcare system.

There really is no way to reason with an unreasonable person. Your very post shows you to be just that kind of person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 01:17 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,066,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Sure, have no problem with that but when I look up on my screen and I see what essentially amounts to... you're a racist, you have racist tendencies, no I'm not, that is silly, no you are silly, etc... repeat ad nauseum.

I've been doing this long enough to know just where this kind of thing is heading because I have seen it about 49587496732908673298487 times. Once people start accusing each other of anything, then the entire thread is longer about the topic as posted but becomes a personal flame war.
49587496732908673298487 times <------------ That's funny!

The sad fact is conservatives would never bring up race at all. I never even think about race until I log onto CD. I am praying the left will one day run out of race cards but I will not hold my breath.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:17 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,293,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Lately! They have been prodding racial division for a few years now. Even in the institutions of higher propaganda they have a non-stop program of blame whitie for all the ills of the world, seeding more hate and racial tension. They want a race war. They want a crisis. As Rham said, never let a crisis go to waste. hussein obama spent his life among radicals who all follow Alinsky's rules for radicals.

Alinsky's Rules for Radicals

Read through Alinsky's rules and you will see the lefties use them here every day in post after post.
You are correct. Obama is a community organizer. The job of a community organizer is to agitate. To stir the pot. To try to convince people that things are bad for them and that it's somebody else's fault. The job of a community organizer is to cause discontent and turmoil. The job of a community organizer is to get people to complain and get them to rise up in protest. Violence is not beyond the goals of a community organizer. What do you think Jeremiah Wright was all about and Van Jones. Obama is a rabble rouser.

- Reel

Old 09-13-2009, 01:18 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,319,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Isn't this thread also about Dowd's claim that indeed the outburst was about racism?

Seems to me that the WH dismissing a claim of racism opens the door for a discussion about why someone would think it was racism. Which opens the door for a discussion about whether nor not racists are out there opposing Obama even to the point of politicians behaving in such a disrespectful manner during a joint session of Congress where the President is making a speech.
I speak as a generally left-leaning Independent.

First of all, in order to support ANY thesis that the guy's outburst was "racist," you'd have to show that other politicians haven't heckled, booed, or called out the president out of "respect."

Problem is, you can't. The Democrats booed and heckled Bush during the SOU, didn't they? In 2005? Democrats have claimed opposition to the Obama school speech was "race based".... but then Democrats forgot that hearings were held when GHB spoke to schools in the 1990s. Was the criticism of GHB race based too?

It's the damned problem with having short memories. Almost anything one side accuses the other of doing, has been done by the other side in the past. Am I the only one who recalls what sort of "respect" George Bush didn't get throughout his entire presidency? Weren't there good reasons for criticism? Good reasons to sometimes NOT show respect? Whatever happened to speaking truth to power?

"Racism" is the easiest debate in the world to have, and the easiest charge to levy. It requires no amount of real thought on the persons engaged in it. It's why I think Americans talk about it so much. As compared to, say, ACTUALLY debating potential problems in the healthcare proposals, it's easier to say that criticism is race-based. As if poor Hillary could get away with saying the attacks lobbed against her in the 90s over health reform were RACE based (or GENDER based!)

Old 09-13-2009, 01:18 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,156,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You're half baked. You sound like another one of those who were holding Obama signs o0f the guy dressed up like Hitler because he wishes to fix a broken healthcare system.

There really is no way to reason with an unreasonable person. Your very post shows you to be just that kind of person.
You see, this is exactly what I'm talking about in my previous post. Not one mention of the topic but an entire post focused on personalities of our members. This is why I deleted several posts and why I will probably end up deleting a few more.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:19 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,345,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
Mark my words, right here, right now, by the end of Chairman 0bama's second term it will be a capital offence to criticise him. The leftists are playing the race card every five minutes. It is the only way they can silence debate. You call someone a "racist" and they immediately shut up for fear of the reprocussions.

99% of liberals believe that those who criticise 0bama have no reason to do it other than race. The United States is going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too far to the left. I avoid criticising him in public. We are on our way to our own "1984", slowly, but we are on the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Playing the race card is an easy out. Used all too often these days.
Uh, did you two actually read the link?

Old 09-13-2009, 01:19 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,439,223 times
Quote:
You see, this is exactly what I'm talking about in my previous post. Not one mention of the topic but an entire post focused on personalities of our members. This is why I deleted several posts and why I will probably end up deleting a few more.
How can I comment on this topic when the discussion is like what I quoted?

Go ahead and delete both of ours then if you are going to delete mine

Old 09-13-2009, 01:20 PM

36,905 posts, read 18,875,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Hmmmm...."hussein obama's"...."haters/racists of white people"......hmmm

Where did I see that sentiment last posted? Could it have been Stor......nahh. You NEVER go to that site.
Possibly New Nation News ?

Old 09-13-2009, 01:20 PM

192 posts, read 219,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Don't you see what I am talking about? No one, not even people with legitamate criticism can say anything about him or someone on the left screams "Racism". It's not that much of a stretch to see the liberals taking it another step and making criticising him a criminal offence.
People said the exact same things about George Bush, word for word, except it came from the "diversity dictators". They called Bush an ape, they called him a Nazi, they said he planned 9/11. And no one cared when they said that

But now, if you say some Chairman 0bama's tie isn't tied right the left is ready to take you to the guillotine. This is just like in China, where people are not allowed to criticise their government and those who do are quickly crushed.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:21 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,904,535 times
Quote:
Props to you. I couldn't imagine how irritating it must be to moderate this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies