Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:21 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
True. And many also only need listen to the same pastor who Obama listened to for 20 years to know racism is alive. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's mentor, is a huge racist! Van Jones, that Obama hired, is a huge racist! Seems Obama surrounds himself with racist.
When exactly was the last time you witnessed or read in history about an all-powerful group of black folks, farmers, business owners, lynching a poor white person and having a picnic in the town square for all the black folks to watch?

And when was it that blacks were the dominate political group in this country, and when was it that they controlled all the major corporations and held the highest political offices in this country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 01:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Uh, did you two actually read the link?
Yes I did. Did you ?

This sentence was very telling from the OP link:

"Dowd's charge of racism is hardly the first to be leveled against administration critics. "

Old 09-13-2009, 01:24 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
Mark my words, right here, right now, by the end of Chairman 0bama's second term it will be a capital offence to criticise him. The leftists are playing the race card every five minutes. It is the only way they can silence debate. You call someone a "racist" and they immediately shut up for fear of the reprocussions.

99% of liberals believe that those who criticise 0bama have no reason to do it other than race. The United States is going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too far to the left. I avoid criticising him in public. We are on our way to our own "1984", slowly, but we are on the way.
Please. If I yelled out something like that either in class or at a school event at which the principal or someone else was speaking, my butt would have been in trouble at school and home. At the very least, I would have got detention and at the worst would have been expelled. Now comes along this wimp guy from S.C., and thinks he can just yell out "Liar" in a formal, televised event. Who does he think he is? Well, what do you expect from someone who keeps autographed pictures of his mentors Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh in his wallet.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Props to you. I couldn't imagine how irritating it must be to moderate this forum.
And why is it that the subject of racism seems to be feared by so many people? Why is it that the subject of racism, plain and simple, is not discussed here?

IMO, it is to the advantage of people who have white nationalist beliefs and views to keep others with opposing views from discussing the issue, therefore, the constant attempts to paint those who oppose the w/n views as racists themselves.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:25 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
Don't you see what I am talking about? No one, not even people with legitamate criticism can say anything about him or someone on the left screams "Racism". It's not that much of a stretch to see the liberals taking it another step and making criticising him a criminal offence.
People said the exact same things about George Bush, word for word, except it came from the "diversity dictators". They called Bush an ape, they called him a Nazi, they said he planned 9/11. And no one cared when they said that

But now, if you say some Chairman 0bama's tie isn't tied right the left is ready to take you to the guillotine. This is just like in China, where people are not allowed to criticise their government and those who do are quickly crushed.
I have not suspected ALL tea party members as being racist. i even attended the glenn beck party here at the Alamo. I really feel that some of them have ALWAYS been anti-tax, but have questioned why they never seemed to protest Bush and his free-spending ways when he was in charge. In wilson's case, we Are talking about a 50-something year old southern man who has connections with racist organizations. it's not a big jump to say that he has racist sympathies. that is just a fact, not a race card.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:29 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
When exactly was the last time you witnessed or read in history about an all-powerful group of black folks, farmers, business owners, lynching a poor white person and having a picnic in the town square for all the black folks to watch?

And when was it that blacks were the dominate political group in this country, and when was it that they controlled all the major corporations and held the highest political offices in this country?

What does that have to do with anything happening TODAY? Please don't tell us you subscribe to that whole, "only white people can be racist" philosophy that only works as an accepted theory in college?

Old 09-13-2009, 01:30 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:

Detroit, Atlanta, DC.

They ar all in great shape. Low crime rate, thriving communities.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:30 PM

192 posts, read 219,883 times
Quote:

No one said that happens, because it doesn't.

The point is, is that racism can come from every race, religion, creed, nationality, colour, or ethnicity. According to the left though, it only comes from whites. Many of my friends are black and I have often heard them saying racist things about asians, making slitty eyes with their fingers, making fun of the way they talk, etc. No one seems to care about that though. It's ALL WRONG. ALL OF IT. The problem is, is that the left won't own up to that.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
God another one using the race card. hussein obama was lying in any color. EVEN IF Wilson was a racist (which he is not) still makes hussein obma a liar! Look how fast the Democrats put provisions to prove citizenship in the bill. Would they have done theat if it was a lie? THINK SON, THINK!
It has been discussed over and over on other threads, and shown clearly, that Obama did not lie.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,917 times
Quote:
It has been discussed over and over on other threads, and shown clearly, that Obama did not lie.
The Wall Street Journal did a fact check that showed Obama lied numerous times during his speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies