Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 06:41 PM

192 posts, read 219,883 times

Advertisements

I could do some digging for an actual reference, but I don't think I need one just for this claim.

Since Chairman 0bama and his cronies have been pushing for health care reform it seems like all of a sudden insurance companies are so very willing to do away with their "pre-existing conditions exclusions" and their practice of dropping people when the going gets tough.

Now, I am an ardent support of the insurance companies, I love my insurance company and have rarely been dissatisfied with them, but if they were so worried about this happening then why didn't they do something about it sooner? When Hillary Clinton proposed a national health care system back in the early/mid 1990's they should have seen the hand writing on the wall and taken action to save their own asses in the event some other democrat should try to propose it.

Instead, they went years and years of treating many customers like garbage and now all of a sudden they want to work with the people? LOL.

Again, I am a supporter of the insurance companies, because I would rather my life be in their hands than the hands of some anti-LIFE commie scumbag or some CZAR he has appointed, but still. Why now? Couldn't they have helped out the American people when it really mattered?

I never understood them denying people and dropping people anyway. The more people you have signed up, the most money you make. Simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 06:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
More than likely some back room meeting and deals worked out.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:12 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Not sure which corporation you are referring to. Who is Chairman Obama? Is that the cool new secret code word that teabager club members are using now?

Old 09-13-2009, 07:16 PM

192 posts, read 219,883 times
LMAO, HIF, that made me laugh. Chairman 0bama is a portmanteau of "Chairman Mao" and "Barack 0bama". I coined the phrase myself. As far as I know I am the only one to ever use it, maybe others have though.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:18 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
The more people you have signed up, the most money you make. Simple as that.
Not if they are going to cost you more than what they pay.... like when they have preexisting conditions and then charging premiums that are beyond the reach of a middle income family. Or not covering them at all.

I don't like the insurance companies but I kind of understand where they are coming from. They aren't here for any other reason to make a profit. To do that, to make their shareholders happy, they look to maximize profit by delaying claims, denying claims, dropping customers... you get the idea.

That's why I don't think they are capable to offer affordable and accessible insurance to everyone in this country... no matter what FreedomWorks says .

Old 09-13-2009, 07:27 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
LMAO, HIF, that made me laugh. Chairman 0bama is a portmanteau of "Chairman Mao" and "Barack 0bama". I coined the phrase myself. As far as I know I am the only one to ever use it, maybe others have though.
Yeah, yeah, I got the connection. I highly doubt that you are the only one who has thought of the clever twist.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Not if they are going to cost you more than what they pay.... like when they have preexisting conditions and then charging premiums that are beyond the reach of a middle income family. Or not covering them at all.

I don't like the insurance companies but I kind of understand where they are coming from. They aren't here for any other reason to make a profit. To do that, to make their shareholders happy, they look to maximize profit by delaying claims, denying claims, dropping customers... you get the idea.

That's why I don't think they are capable to offer affordable and accessible insurance to everyone in this country... no matter what FreedomWorks says .
Lets consider what the nice small business owner who got so mad at the town hall meeting in your home state said. I thought that she was just a mite too right but nobody in the Congress has ever thought about what she said. I suppose you saw her when she got mad and said there are 1306 health insurers in this country and only 6 or them are allowed to do business in California. I wonder what kind of special deals they would perform if they were really in competition. I'll bet we would find out that unionized businesses get some really good deals even though states make their silly rules.

The other day I read what Ann Coulter said about this thing and for some reason she mentioned that you can buy auto insurance, life insurance, and about every other thing but health at the same rate all over the country. I wonder why that is. Could that be because way back there unions wanted employers buying workers' insurance so the Congress jumped in bed with them and the insurance companies and we got this jungle we are in now.

Did you hear Obama say the other night that only one insurance company can sell in Alabama. Now that is really nasty.

Do you suppose that when the insurance big wigs met with Obama in that secret meeting this spring they got him to agree to not ask Congress to open up health insurance to nationwide competition? That is just what I think they agreed on. Take the control of that part of interstate commerce away from the states and lets see how quick the price goes down and how hard they work to get people who are real bad risks just to keep in business. I think that nationwide competition would be very good for all of us and that wouldn't require that exchange and later on the need for public option because only the government was selling insurance.

Hey, there is something real nasty going on here and Obama seems to me like he is in on the deal whatever they worked out. I think it is a way for the insurance companies to go out of business and the government to take over the whole thing. Single payer would result in socialized medicine so I do wonder what kind of deal he gave them when they had that meeting. Maybe only those in the meeting, the big ones, were to be allowed to be on that exchange along with the government.

So many possibilities and not one of them honest. Not one of them aimed at helping "we the people".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies