Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:11 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,242,543 times

Advertisements

If we have another terrorist attack, Obama will just blame it on Bush, so what's your problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 10:12 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
liberalism !!!

I guess you're too squeamish to admit the truth, the TREASON of selling weapons to an enemy. Here's a clue, it was the darling of the Conservatives responsible for that act. All the convenient amnesia in the world doesn't change that.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:14 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,932,412 times
Amazing, the far right is now taking thier cues from the same Terrorirst that attacked this Nation on 9-11. Seems like some of you will sleep with anyone just so long as you can somehow attack the "other" guys, it obvious some have no shame.
Casper

Old 09-14-2009, 10:17 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
To "remove support of zionism" as you put it would simply mean that OBL had won - and therefore, his support would strengthen - as he would be the HERO who managed to bring the USA to its knees in re: to foreign policy.

It would mean we had won in deciding to no longer fight other people's battles for them.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:18 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
If we have another terrorist attack, Obama will just blame it on Bush, so what's your problem?
If he doesn't, I might - Reagan should never had otta a kidnapped Noreiga.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:38 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Amazing, the far right is now taking thier cues from the same Terrorirst that attacked this Nation on 9-11. Seems like some of you will sleep with anyone just so long as you can somehow attack the "other" guys, it obvious some have no shame.
Casper
Ain't it the truth!

In bed with an avowed terrorist and instigater of 9/11 and the Righties LOVE and support him.....

Old 09-14-2009, 11:55 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,189,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
TN those are some very good points. Put that way, boy do we look the fool !!
Good to see you back,BTW!
I will let most folks continue with the "taste great, no, less filling", Liberal this, right winger that old tired diatribe, truth is that there was a long series of miscalculations, mistakes, and downright ignorance.

We could look back to what is known as the "Afghan Trap" as set by Zbigniew Brzezinski while under Jimmy Carter, when they decided to 'stir up natives and foment radical dissent' among the native people in order to hand the former Soviet Union their own Viet Nam. It worked, in fact it worked flawlessly.
No Regrets: Carter, Brzezinski and the Muj

We could also look what took place during the Reagan era with Charlie Wilson, who in retrospect stated, "These things happened. They were glorious and they changed the world... and then we fu**ed up the end game."

I believe it was Mikhail Gorbachev who in a statement said, 'do the American's have any idea what they are doing by stirring up radical Islam". The short answer to that today is, no, we didn't.

We can look to Bill Clinton who was at one point at least focused on the rise of radical Islam and terrorism. However, his personal troubles at home ended up leading to him taking pop shots at best, pecking at the fringes of Middle East terrorism and instead of holding it down, ended up emboldening it further.

Bush, well, went off the deep end to say the least. While a serious and forceful response was warranted without a doubt, the invasion of two nations and subsequent occupations with plans for an exit was gross overreaction.

Yet here we are today, still in Afghanistan and our President wants to increase troop levels and expand the war further, while at the same time placing Iraq on a back burner that no one even talks about now.

However, this isn't over by a long shot, nor are the repercussions of our endeavors known. Was it or will it all be worth it? Who won what and at what cost? What has ultimately been or will be accomplished? I'm asking because I don't have a clue but it looks a bit bleak right now.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:33 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I will let most folks continue with the "taste great, no, less filling", Liberal this, right winger that old tired diatribe, truth is that there was a long series of miscalculations, mistakes, and downright ignorance.

We could look back to what is known as the "Afghan Trap" as set by Zbigniew Brzezinski while under Jimmy Carter, when they decided to 'stir up natives and foment radical dissent' among the native people in order to hand the former Soviet Union their own Viet Nam. It worked, in fact it worked flawlessly.
No Regrets: Carter, Brzezinski and the Muj

We could also look what took place during the Reagan era with Charlie Wilson, who in retrospect stated, "These things happened. They were glorious and they changed the world... and then we fu**ed up the end game."

I believe it was Mikhail Gorbachev who in a statement said, 'do the American's have any idea what they are doing by stirring up radical Islam". The short answer to that today is, no, we didn't.

We can look to Bill Clinton who was at one point at least focused on the rise of radical Islam and terrorism. However, his personal troubles at home ended up leading to him taking pop shots at best, pecking at the fringes of Middle East terrorism and instead of holding it down, ended up emboldening it further.

Bush, well, went off the deep end to say the least. While a serious and forceful response was warranted without a doubt, the invasion of two nations and subsequent occupations with plans for an exit was gross overreaction.

Yet here we are today, still in Afghanistan and our President wants to increase troop levels and expand the war further, while at the same time placing Iraq on a back burner that no one even talks about now.

However, this isn't over by a long shot, nor are the repercussions of our endeavors known. Was it or will it all be worth it? Who won what and at what cost? What has ultimately been or will be accomplished? I'm asking because I don't have a clue but it looks a bit bleak right now.
"""""I believe it was Mikhail Gorbachev who in a statement said, 'do the American's have any idea what they are doing by stirring up radical Islam". The short answer to that today is, no, we didn't. """"

Oh yes "we" did! I remember the people (including Bush Sr.) , the articles, the speeches, from people all over the world warning of what a hornet's nest this would create...didn't matter to the Cheney administration, the invasion of Iraq was planned before Bushy Jr was in office and would've taken place no matter what warnings "we" had.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:43 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,899,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ain't it the truth!

In bed with an avowed terrorist and instigater of 9/11 and the Righties LOVE and support him.....
Yes ! And they are now dressing like him, and watching Fahrenheit 911 so that they can see HIM ! Osama. The one who says that Obama is weak. Watch the righties dancing the "bizarro" shuffle. The next craze ! I even saw one of them eating falafels !

Old 09-14-2009, 12:49 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,189,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""""I believe it was Mikhail Gorbachev who in a statement said, 'do the American's have any idea what they are doing by stirring up radical Islam". The short answer to that today is, no, we didn't. """"

Oh yes "we" did! I remember the people (including Bush Sr.) , the articles, the speeches, from people all over the world warning of what a hornet's nest this would create...didn't matter to the Cheney administration, the invasion of Iraq was planned before Bushy Jr was in office and would've taken place no matter what warnings "we" had.
If they did, then the war would have never have been started and if started would be over by now. It is obvious they didn't know what they were doing, unless you take the position that never ending protracted wars with no exit was the desired goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies