Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 04:25 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
That is a really unrealistic example.

Who is going to pay for schools, roads, infrastructur in general, hospitals, kindergartens, cultur, military (You spent a huge amount of money on that in the last years), the jurisdiction...who is going to pay for that?

Its not how much you spend, it is where the money goes to.
Id say invest in better education and health care than on the military.
Is there a country in the world that has more military spendings?
Everything in America should be privatized. Keep the government out of business. Investing in education and healthcare is the communist way. America is not communist. That's why American pupils always outscore all other nations. God Ble$$ America!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 04:25 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
A

We can talk about charts all day..the following is interesting data on who pays the brunt of taxes:
the top 10% earners pay over 71% of the nation's taxes

Who Pays Income Taxes? See Who Pays What
Do you realize how you totally contradict yourself?
You blame Obama because people are poor, then you dont care that the majority had a decrease in income during Bushs presidency and now you praise the rich for paying taxes?

You dont care that the imbalance between rich and poor became bigger and the majority became poorer in the last years?

Old 09-14-2009, 04:28 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Everything in America should be privatized. Keep the government out of business. Investing in education and healthcare is the communist way. America is not communist. That's why American pupils always outscore all other nations. God Ble$$ America!
Then, consequently, that means staying out military.

If your government hadnt invested in education long time ago, you wouldnt be able to write and read.

What is communism for you anyways?

Old 09-14-2009, 04:28 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
A

We can talk about charts all day..the following is interesting data on who pays the brunt of taxes:

So what does that have to do with poverty?

Old 09-14-2009, 04:34 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
A

This is what I see.

If the top earners pay over 71% of the nation's taxes, that is testimony to just how much they earn and how little the lower income earners earn!

Old 09-14-2009, 04:45 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Do you realize how you totally contradict yourself?
You blame Obama because people are poor, then you dont care that the majority had a decrease in income during Bushs presidency and now you praise the rich for paying taxes?

You dont care that the imbalance between rich and poor became bigger and the majority became poorer in the last years?

Its amazing how any time his points are questioned he runs away from it and refuses to answer the question. Speaking of which Tony I'm still awaiting your answer how an extra $750 in taxes for someone making $275,000 a year is going to hurt the economy....

Old 09-14-2009, 04:49 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,558 times
jojan,

just curious...if wealth disparity causes economic decline...then why did the former Soviet Union economic system collaspe...there was very little wealth disparity if any in their system...hmmm

Old 09-14-2009, 04:54 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,558 times
Quote:
Its amazing how any time his points are questioned he runs away from it and refuses to answer the question. Speaking of which Tony I'm still awaiting your answer how an extra $750 in taxes for someone making $275,000 a year is going to hurt the economy....
ok...smash..lets say i was going to purchase a new tv or laptop..well you just took that $750 away from me..I decide not to purchase that TV or laptop...and lets say others like me decide to do the same...loss for the retailer...lower profits...layoff employees...domino effect...thats how...

again..its no ones business whats in my wallet...

Old 09-14-2009, 05:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
If you're worried now..just wait til those 2001/2003 tax cuts go away.

Oh, you say, those cuts are only on the wealthy. While the current MSM headlines may say that a quick google shows that items like these are expiring:

-10% bracket
-child tax credit
-elimination of marriage penalty tax
-elimination of Federal death tax
-taxes on dividends
-taxes on capital gains

Except for the dividends and capital gains that list hits everyone with the lower classes hit the worst.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:01 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
ok...smash..lets say i was going to purchase a new tv or laptop..well you just took that $750 away from me..I decide not to purchase that TV or laptop...and lets say others like me decide to do the same...loss for the retailer...lower profits...layoff employees...domino effect...thats how...

again..its no ones business whats in my wallet...
That might make sense if the extra $750 was the difference to being able to afford it or not, but that isn't the case when you are making $275,000....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies