Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 11:47 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

I think all schools ought to hand out free condoms. If it prevents STDs and babies . . . then what is wrong with that? You don't have to get an abortion if you don't get pregnant, lol.

It doesn't matter how much we preach to our kids . . . or how much sex ed they do or do not get in school . . . or what kids are threatened with . . . the facts are, many kids have sex while in high school.

This has nothing to do with abortion. This has to do w/ making sure high school kids have access to birth control - and reproductive health info.

If you don't want your kids to get abortions - then babysit them and make sure they don't have sex. But for heaven's sake . . . for those kids who are bound and determined to have sex - let's make sure they get birth control. Most kids are NOT gonna reveal to their parents that they are having sex! Seems like a good idea for kids to know there is some place they can turn to get real info - and birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 11:50 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I think all schools ought to hand out free condoms. If it prevents STDs and babies . . . then what is wrong with that? You don't have to get an abortion if you don't get pregnant, lol.

It doesn't matter how much we preach to our kids . . . or how much sex ed they do or do not get in school . . . or what kids are threatened with . . . the facts are, many kids have sex while in high school.

This has nothing to do with abortion. This has to do w/ making sure high school kids have access to birth control - and reproductive health info.

If you don't want your kids to get abortions - then babysit them and make sure they don't have sex. But for heaven's sake . . . for those kids who are bound and determined to have sex - let's make sure they get birth control. Most kids are NOT gonna reveal to their parents that they are having sex! Seems like a good idea for kids to know there is some place they can turn to get real info - and birth control.
So true.

These days, most kids aren't virgins by the time they are in middle school/junior high. Might as well make sure they are safe. Especially considering the fact that the only way for people that age to get condoms is through vending machines, and they're usually of low quality.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:50 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
God this is just so insane!

Old 09-14-2009, 11:51 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
i was a regular customer of planned parenthood for about 10 years. i went there yearly.

i have never had an abortion.

i'm really glad planned parenthood was there to provide gynie care on a sliding scale when i didn't have health insurance.

it did endlessly amuse me when i went on a day when protesters were there, they'd inevitably yell "don't do it!" and i'd yell back "why don't you want me to have a pap smear??"

Old 09-14-2009, 11:52 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
On August 17, 2009, Steven Ertelt for Lifenews.com reported that the House health care reform bill, as introduced, “contain[s] a section [Section 2511] allowing the nation’s biggest abortion business to enter public schools.â€

http://www.aclj.org/media/pdf/ACLJ_S...emo_091109.pdf
Ya know, there is going to come a time when even the stupid Republicans will not believe all this preposterous BS....you'll "Cry wolf" once too often...it's starting to show

Old 09-14-2009, 11:53 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
God forbid, kids might actually learn how to prevent STD's and use birth control.

THE HORROR
Its better off that they learn that kids should be keeping it in their pants and keeping their legs closed.

Say what you will, but that is the only way to prevent pregnancies and STD's.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Its better off that they learn that kids should be keeping it in their pants and keeping their legs closed.

We all agree with you!

And on that note - everyone reading this, please post if you waited til you got married to have sex.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:01 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post

is there a sex ed class that doesn't teach that abstinence is only 100% effective form of birth control? i was certainly taught that in school.

but the reality is, teens have sex. no amount of telling them not to is going to stop that from happening. and they should know what to do to protect themselves if they do.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:02 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
We all agree with you!

And on that note - everyone reading this, please post if you waited til you got married to have sex.
*Crickets chirping*

Old 09-14-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
*Crickets chirping*
*water dripping*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies