Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 11:48 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
As they do right now, in ERs and free clinics all over the US.
So lets go ahead and make it standard policy so ALL illegals can get healthcare and visit doctors as much as they please. Sounds like a swell idea.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:51 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
He is as much a white man as he is black. His actions, not his color, will be judged much to the ire of the liberal left. The language pertaining to the illegals getting health insurance is in the bill, there is nothing resticting them from getting health care at our expense.
That language was in their that night so that means that Obama was not telling the whole truth. However, as a result of Wilson's outburst it was replaced with words that did say illegals couldn't get the help. I don't think they took out the words that would allow them the money and surely nothing speaks to the fact that Obama intends to have an amnesty for all of them before this year ends. This is a sad thing but it is real.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Sorry, I checked page 1 and didn't see any threads about the story.
I heard it said Thursday that Obama accepted the apology by Wilson and didn't think he meant anything racist in the words. If The Man can say that why can't others accept it? We all know why but some can't accept it.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
As they do right now, in ERs and free clinics all over the US.
Hi ray. You are right about today but this bill is supposed to complete a huge change in our system and if they take out the part that allows that then we will have to change the new law.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
So lets go ahead and make it standard policy so ALL illegals can get healthcare and visit doctors as much as they please. Sounds like a swell idea.
It isn't a bad idea but we can change to letting them pay their own way. I bet that doing that would chase many of them back home. As long as there is nothing in that bill that allows forcing them to prove their legal status nothing will change.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:00 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I heard it said Thursday that Obama accepted the apology by Wilson and didn't think he meant anything racist in the words. If The Man can say that why can't others accept it? We all know why but some can't accept it.
Yep shows exactly how classy the president is to just brush it off, too bad more of us can't be like him isn't it?

Old 09-14-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
"The normally nonchalant Barack Obama looked nonplussed, as Nancy Pelosi glowered behind.

Surrounded by middle-aged white guys — a sepia snapshot of the days when such pols ran Washington like their own men’s club — Joe Wilson yelled “You lie!” at a president who didn’t.

But, fair or not, what I heard was an unspoken word in the air: You lie, boy!"

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/op...dowd.html?_r=2

The red haired Ann Coulter, wannabe has spoken and that is that. That is what you are saying here isn't it? If Obama himself didn't think there was any racism intended in those words that Maureen fleshed out, why can't the rest of us back off?

I guess you didn't hear the shouts of No, no, no from the Dems in the 2005 Bush SOTU. More than once they shouted it and more than just one every time.

I guess when we apply the left's double standard to something like this one man is worse than a whole group. Yes or No.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Yep shows exactly how classy the president is to just brush it off, too bad more of us can't be like him isn't it?
When will you be getting more like him? You haven't made it yet, but I am sure that you are trying very hard from your post.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:06 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When will you be getting more like him? You haven't made it yet, but I am sure that you are trying very hard from your post.
Oh lordy I couldn't come close to having his class....you can't either, but the thread isn't about us.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:18 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
But, fair or not, what I heard was an unspoken word in the air: You lie, boy!"

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/op...dowd.html?_r=2

OK....so you heard an unspoken word. I can't comment on the unspoken words any of us may hear...it's the spoken ones I usually find more pertinent.

Wilson was a clod...no doubt about that. His behavior was boorish and inappropriate....whether Obama was lying (as I believe he was) or not. ALL politicians lie...if they didn't, they'd be out of office.

You seem to suggest that because he was a 'cracker' from South Carolina who accused Obama of lying, that he therefore intended to use the word "boy", and was probably a racist. He didn't think Obama was lying, you seem to be saying; he just saw Obama as a powerful black man and had a visceral reaction to that.

Maybe he DID..and maybe not. But I have to believe that in a free society, all of us are free to disagree with those in high office, without that implying that we are, therefore, racists. Sometimes a lie REALLY IS a lie.

Interesting ideas, though. What was your take on the SEVERAL people over the years, who took great pains to use a series of photographs to portray George Bush as a chimpanzee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies