Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:51 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times

Advertisements

Uh the wingnut Worthlessnet is up to their games again. .... what's to be posted next? Drudge? RightwingMax?

Old 05-02-2007, 09:55 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,815 times
worldnetdaily.com - This is a rediculous pro-right wing joke of a website. I suppose these 'facts' can be backed up by 'Fox News'. The only poison that will be inflicted on our childrens minds is that they won't be encouraged to use them!

Old 05-02-2007, 10:02 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
worldnetdaily.com - This is a rediculous pro-right wing joke of a website. I suppose these 'facts' can be backed up by 'Fox News'. The only poison that will be inflicted on our childrens minds is that they won't be encouraged to use them!
Like I said, this is a joke, right? That website is sort of like the Onion, isn't it?

Old 05-02-2007, 10:03 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
That is a bogus point.

The sources are valid.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:07 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times
This article is such BS it's not even funny - it takes a small kernal of truth and badly distorts it. Look at the sentence:
Quote:
plan that has been launched in the California state Assembly – again – could be used to ban references to "mom" and "dad" in public schools statewide by prohibiting anything that would "reflect adversely" on the homosexual lifestyle choice.
It doesn't say the legislation actually ALLOWS that, or that anyone is planning to do that. Also notice that in his article he only references his own articles contained within his own website - not anything outside.

From the State of California website, the text of the current bill (as amended):

Quote:
SECTION 1. This act shall be known, and may be
cited, as the California Student Civil Rights Act.
SECTION 1. SEC. 1.5. Section 200 of
the Education Code is amended to read:
200. It is the policy of the State of California to afford all
persons in public schools, regardless of their disability, gender,
nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any
other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate
crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code, equal rights
and opportunities in the educational institutions of the state. The
purpose of this chapter is to prohibit acts that are contrary to that policy and to provide remedies therefor.
Here's the full text, to read for yourselves:

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bil...d_sen_v98.html

Old 05-02-2007, 10:09 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,815 times
I have to be honest... I do love the Onion! I especially like the story about a young UW-Madison undergraduate spotting Jesus walking accross lake Michigan.. must have been quite a shock

Old 05-02-2007, 10:09 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
Quote:
The sources are valid.
...then by all means, go back to contrived issues and hating people... the vindication is there - the wingnut machine said so.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:11 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
This article is such BS it's not even funny - it takes a small kernal of truth and badly distorts it. Look at the sentence:

It doesn't say the legislation actually ALLOWS that, or that anyone is planning to do that. Also notice that in his article he only references his own articles contained within his own website - not anything outside.

From the State of California website, the text of the current bill (as amended):

Wait, it's not proper to cite yourself as a source? Not even if you're a Republican?

Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,656,906 times
Default Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post

HA! Ya beat me to it! Good job.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:15 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
Wait, it's not proper to cite yourself as a source? Not even if you're a Republican?
Well, I'll give him props for actually citing the Senate Bill number - it made my task of looking it up much easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies