Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 07:17 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,203,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Bush was pres for 8 years. Wait until Obama has been in office that long.
Can you imagine that? The neo-cons and right-wingers will kill themselves before they allow that to happen and they'll take us all with them because we all know that it's their way or the highway. If we didn't know it before, we surely know it now. God forbid that they actually respect the democratic process in this country and the voice of the people which spoke loud and clear when Obama was elected by the MAJORITY of this country. That means zilcho squat to them. They've been major pains in the b*tt since Obama was elected last Fall and they haven't let up yet. To top if all off, the Queen Bee, Sarah Palin, has come out to mix with her peeps and rile them up even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 07:27 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,516 times
Much more ignorance in red states, without a doubt. Much lower levels of educational achievement in red states. A person who is worldly and educated could never hold such Conservative aka anti-intellectual views. Also, most people who are intellectual and enlightened know that religion is BS, red states are still very religious LOL. How many artists, singers, actors, scientists, intellectuals are Conservatives LOL?

Old 09-15-2009, 07:38 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
These people refering to the people who are the subject of the thread.
Sorry if I confused you.
No confusion at all. My point was when you brand everyone with a stereo type that=ignorant.
Growing up I would hear my grandfather refer to blacks in the city as "those people"
When what he could have said its a shame that a few make the majority look bad. He was refering to a news broadcast about black panthers. Keep in mind my grand pa was born in 1892. LOL over all he was one cool guy. Lived to be 102 years old and never missed an election. But like all of us he had a few faults.
Its the party hard liners from both sides who are ignorant.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:43 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Big government is a fine complaint. Except that our best economists are probably a better source of information than right-wing radio hosts. They said spend. Many people have zero understanding of economics. I get that.
It is NOT up to you to decide what people deem a reason. Face it the economy is NOT doing great and the spending is out of control so NOT a lie.

Quote:
Health care - what valid concerns do they have about health care?
I stated just some in my post.

Quote:
Taxes - employees received a tax cut. If they want more of their own money, they got it already. Tell me what these people are complaining about? Imaginary taxes from the future?
I have received NO tax cut so I am not sure who it went to but it did not come to me. There is nothing imaginary about the idea of being taxed for this health care plan. There is no way it can be paid for WITHOUT increased taxes even the CBO said that. Again very justified reason to protest.

Quote:
I covered taxes, health care and big government already.
Spending - a fine complaint - but the same as the big government complaint. Its about the Stimulus still ($150 billion this year).
What other new spending programs have been enacted?
I can not speak for all the protestors but I personally was againest a bail out of ANY kind. I didn't like it when Bush did it and I didn't like it when Obama did it. To me that is a very good reason to protest. Stop taking my money and giving it to companies that can not control their own balance sheets.

Quote:
Right, the medicare recipients don't want government involved in their health care.
And people who already have health care through their employer are not eligible for the option.

I can not speak for those on Medicare I am not on Medicare. As for being insured through an employer. What will prevent employers from dropping their private insurance and letting their employees go on the government plan?

Quote:
Well, if you only watch fox (if) you won't have as many facts as I do.
That doesn't mean you are wrong, just less informed.
Its nothing about feelings or beliefs.
Its a lesser set of facts.

LOL no I read the bill. You seem to think you are some how more informed then the rest of us, if you have sources please post the links I will be more than happy to read them but if you want me to believe that you are more informed then I am just because you says so that is not gonna fly. I could say that you are looking through rose colored glass if you got your information from CNN or MSNBC. It cuts both way you know.

Quote:
You've read a warped version of Obama's proposals then.
The insurance exchange will be private companies.
You've seen the facts about insurance and health care profits, I'm certain.
How costs have doubled while our wages have stagnated and fewer small businesses can afford to provide health insurance.
No I read THE bill HR3200. It says very clearly that there will be an exchange set up and the GOVERNMENT will determine the regulations that companies have to meet or they can NOT be in it which means I could not choose an insurance company that I want if they are not in the exchange. I have no problem a public option being offered but I have a big concern about this HIE. For me that is to much government control.

Quote:
Do you work?
$400 this year, somewhere around $13 / week tax cut.
No but my husband does and there has been no tax decrease. His pay check has not changed.

Quote:
I'm sure you recognized the impact of the auto companies failing.
I'm sure you gave long thought to the millions of jobs that would be lost and what that would have done to an economy that was tanking in september.
So you agree with the bank bail out and the car bail out, that is fine I do not. If I do not balance my checkbook I will bounce checks and the bank would close my account. The companies that received the money have not changed the way they run their companies therefore they will **** this money away to.

Quote:
Its common sense.
Protesting something based on a lie is not valid - its simply a farce and that covers most of the health care complaints.
Just like during the war protests some of it was lies also but just because some may be does not negate the bases of what is being protested.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
How many?
3?

Ummmmno more then 3.

Quote:
Ron Kirk, the former mayor of Dallas who would be the White House chief trade representative if confirmed, didn't pay taxes on some speaking fees he donated to his Alma Mater and he tried to write off the full $17,000 costs of his Dallas Mavericks season tickets.
Quote:
Nancy Killefer, whose performance as would-be chief performance officer was also self-terminated when she turned out to have had a past tax problem.
Quote:
Tom Daschle, who was deemed essential to the effort to completely reform the nation's health care system. He owed something like $140G's with interest and penalties because he got a free car and driver and some other stuff from a rich guy who paid him $1 million a year for advice (hopefully not tax advice) and Daschle forgot to mention it for a few years.

Quote:
Rep. Hilda Solis, whose husband had some tax liens going back 16 years until the day before her committee vote as Labor secretary. But who in their right mind would hold a wife responsible for her husband's financial problems, even if they did start the same year she was elected to the state legislature?
Quote:
Bill Richardson pulled out of Commerce not because of taxes but because of a federal pay-to-play probe.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Can you imagine that? The neo-cons and right-wingers will kill themselves before they allow that to happen and they'll take us all with them because we all know that it's their way or the highway. If we didn't know it before, we surely know it now. God forbid that they actually respect the democratic process in this country and the voice of the people which spoke loud and clear when Obama was elected by the MAJORITY of this country. That means zilcho squat to them. They've been major pains in the b*tt since Obama was elected last Fall and they haven't let up yet. To top if all off, the Queen Bee, Sarah Palin, has come out to mix with her peeps and rile them up even more.

Yes and because all of you were sooooooo kind and wonderful Bush during his terms.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:54 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Ummmmno more then 3.
Look up what a question mark is for.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
It is NOT up to you to decide what people deem a reason. Face it the economy is NOT doing great and the spending is out of control so NOT a lie.
The economy is doing a hell of a lot better than it was.
The recession may be over.

And what spending beyond the stimulus?
Which again, is $150 billion this year. (less than 10% of the deficit)

Quote:
I have received NO tax cut so I am not sure who it went to but it did not come to me. There is nothing imaginary about the idea of being taxed for this health care plan. There is no way it can be paid for WITHOUT increased taxes even the CBO said that. Again very justified reason to protest.
You aren't employed then.
Great, imaginary future taxes.
Totally worth protesting.

You write too much of the same stuff over and over.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:12 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,092 times
In general, the red states are like a separate planet. I live in one. There's not much of a window to the world. Local sports are the main topic of interest.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Look up what a question mark is for.

Very aware I was ANSWERING your ? mark!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies