Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 02:47 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
The economy is doing a hell of a lot better than it was.
The recession may be over.

And what spending beyond the stimulus?
Which again, is $150 billion this year. (less than 10% of the deficit)

You aren't employed then.
Great, imaginary future taxes.
Totally worth protesting.

You write too much of the same stuff over and over.

You just keep ignoring what you are being told. I have tried to explain it to you but it is very obvious that you will never see past your hate for the other side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 02:51 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Hold on now, I did not state everyone in red states. I just asked if there is considerably MORE in red states.

Nothing against those that oppose big government and expressing their opinions. However, there were many people that were obviously misinformed and claiming that the new president is a dictator. Where were those people when Bush was president?
Nope, there isn't. There are a ton more ghettos and poor misinformed people in blue states. That's WHY they are blue, to support the people with their hands out.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:03 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb Hello dcadca

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Yeah the point is this thread is ridiculous because there are ignorant people on BOTH sides.

And I am sorry but Bush was mocked MUCH worse then Obama. He was mocked an TV, in the newspapers, in tv shows, radio shows, by celebrities at concerts and awards shows please show me any of these that have done that to Obama.
I'm gonna add you to my list of CD-ers who I 'don't always agree with, but will acknowledge or even rep when you're right'

I remember a lot of that anti-Bush stuff when it happened...I didn't vote for Mr Bush...didn't agree with a lot of his policies, but (as I've said on here numerous times) I respected him at the end of the day because I was raised to respect the Office, even if I didn't agree with/vote for the Occupant (Pres)...

But that brings me to my point...you are spot on in saying there is ignorance coming from BOTH sides...LOL---I've lost count of how many different variations of 'liberal' 'robot' 'Obamaton' 'sheep' etc I've been called, simply because I support the President...but I don't, and won't, stoop to calling names in return, because I know there are people on the other side who can still have a dialogue without screaming and tantrums---just the way I'm replying to you now

Old 09-15-2009, 03:19 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
From watching the news and the tea party participants, there seems to be many more ignorant and narrow minded folks coming from the heartland of america who participated in the tea party. It is unbelievable the comments that I heard coming out of some of those folks mouth. Signs displaying hatred towards Obama. People saying that he is trying to indoctrinate the young kids of america. People insinuating that there may be some type of civil war.

I am aware that there were many people from all over the country including blue states, but man I could not believe the ridiculous and uneducated comments from people while I was watching the news today and they were showing coverage from the 9-12 rally.

Do we have many more people with backwards mentality in this country than I thought?

Are people still in denial that President Obama, the first black US president actually the president and folks will just not accept it?

All I could do is shake my head in disbelief while watching clips from this weekend on the different channels. It seems like some of those people were some of the same ones that were showing up to town hall meetings yelling and showing up with their guns. It seems as if this country in general has some ways to go as far as ignorance, and naitivity.
This has to be one of the most left sided and elitists threads I have ever seen. Let me fill you in: I know of two areas, that have very active Tea Party groups and yes, they are red states, but in areas of those states that are far from ignorant as you are saying you heard: One is here in NWA. You probably know very little about the area we live in, so let me fill you in. It is primarily retired people, very upscale, complete with 7 lakes and 6 golf courses and the citizens are from all over the country, certainly not just mid west. Those I know who are part of the Tea Party crowd are retired doctors, CPAs, teachers, bank executives, one congreewoman from MN, (retired) a golf pros widow, a couple top state dept retired employees and one Reagan appointee. that is just a few who are involved. The other group I am familiar with live in areas north of Dallas, most are still working, are educated and certainly upper middle class to upper class catagory.

Nita

Old 09-15-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I'm gonna add you to my list of CD-ers who I 'don't always agree with, but will acknowledge or even rep when you're right'

I remember a lot of that anti-Bush stuff when it happened...I didn't vote for Mr Bush...didn't agree with a lot of his policies, but (as I've said on here numerous times) I respected him at the end of the day because I was raised to respect the Office, even if I didn't agree with/vote for the Occupant (Pres)...

But that brings me to my point...you are spot on in saying there is ignorance coming from BOTH sides...LOL---I've lost count of how many different variations of 'liberal' 'robot' 'Obamaton' 'sheep' etc I've been called, simply because I support the President...but I don't, and won't, stoop to calling names in return, because I know there are people on the other side who can still have a dialogue without screaming and tantrums---just the way I'm replying to you now
Thanks. I was not a blind follower of Bush, he pissed me off a lot actually. LOL Thanks again.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:21 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
You just keep ignoring what you are being told. I have tried to explain it to you but it is very obvious that you will never see past your hate for the other side.
What spending?
Beyond the stimulus what new spending programs has Obama approved?

Its a simple request - if you can show that Obama's "massive spending" is greater than what his predecessor's spent after adjusting for inflation, then maybe I'd agree.
However, that is not possible because its not true.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
What spending?

Beyond the stimulus? Isn't that enough? It was enough for me when Bush did. I have said this 100 times I was against it when Bush did it and I am still against it. TO MUCH SPENDING!

Old 09-15-2009, 03:28 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
Beyond the stimulus? Isn't that enough? It was enough for me when Bush did. I have said this 100 times I was against it when Bush did it and I am still against it. TO MUCH SPENDING!
You railed against the bush tax cuts?
And his stimulus packages?
And his war with Iraq?
And his medicare modernization act?

Did you complain about Reagan's tax increase (not imaginary, and the largest in history)?
And against Reagan's massive spending?

Fine, then perhaps you are not as much of a hypocrite as these uninformed tea party protesters you try to defend.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:37 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Why bother, they are nothing even if they had 100,000 there were more people at Ohio State or Michigans Football Games. Let them whine

Old 09-15-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
What spending?

Its a simple request - if you can show that Obama's "massive spending" is greater than what his predecessor's spent after adjusting for inflation, then maybe I'd agree.
However, that is not possible because its not true.
Ok hold up you just added the last part.

Obama 2010 budget:
Quote:
The Senate passed a $3.6 trillion version of the federal budget for fiscal year 2010 late Thursday night in a party-line vote, ending several weeks of acrimonious partisan debate.

Bush 2008 Budget:
Quote:
President Bush sent a $2.9 trillion spending plan to a Democratic-controlled

Now one MAJOR factor in Obama increase seemingly being on the small side is because in 2010 Bush's tax cuts will expire. It is NOT because Obama has done anything to limit spending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies