Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:11 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times

Advertisements

Funny I seem to remember a few posts on here where people were in an uproar about threatening Savor Obama, but was it ok for it to happen to Bush? Nooooo, no ignorance here.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 PM

145 posts, read 171,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
You have no idea if they are or not unless you know them personally. You do not know and perhaps they are and wanted to show their heritage you don't know what someone is thinking nor do you know their heritage so you have no right to say squat.
I don't know what says more about you, that you think "paleface taxes too high", "let little brave keep wampum", "on warpath against more taxes" aren't perfect examples of the stereotypical Native-speak, or that you clearly have never seen an aboriginal american ever in your life.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:14 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,423 times
While there might be more ignorant people in Red states there are definately more stupid people in Blue states. Ignorant people can be educated. Stupid people - well they will always be stupid. Refer to the census website for validation of my assertion. Unless you are stupid it should be an easy search for you.

If you are just ignorant I'll be glad to help you.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:16 PM

[quote=Louisvilleslugger;10760058]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post

Um Gee really Obama hasn't even been commander and chief for a year, in yet the notion of universal healthcare alone is enough to drive all of this hatred towards him. Heck despite the fact that Bush sent our troops into an unjust war leading to over 5000 U.S. casualties without congressional approval, OBAMA ends up with more death threats before his inagguration than any other president in U.S

Anyone without wool over their eyes can most definantly see another motive driving such passionate/furious protest and we ALLLLL know what it is. Talkshow host (glen beck, O'reilly) are adding fuel to the fire just for more ratings.
Ahhh I see so according to YOU Bush deserved it but also according to YOU Obama does not. Sorry but it does not work that way. That is called being a hypocrite. If you can dish out you better be ready to take it, we did for 8 years get use to it.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babby pueblo View Post
It's a family Minstrel show. You aren't Indian, nor are you given carte blanche to act like one, if your great grandmother's husband was a quarter Cherokee. Even if we're to pretend that they are (they aren't), that doesn't make it less offensive. You'd be hard pressed to find someone that would say that because Black people were sometimes doing Black face back when it was popular for White entertainment that it wasn't racist against Black folk.

These are White people, desecrating Indian culture and using racist "me indian, no speak proper english"-type signs. It is clearly racist, it does not matter what they have to say about it. If I loudly pooped my pants and claimed that I had just performed Requiem Mass in D Minor would that make it so? It wouldn't and just as my pants would be soiled, those tea party clowns should be considered vile racists.
Do you know how much Indian blood one has to have in his body in order to get his college education paid for? How about barely? It is a form of reparations that was sneaked in years ago.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:17 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
From watching the news and the tea party participants, there seems to be many more ignorant and narrow minded folks coming from the heartland of america who participated in the tea party. It is unbelievable the comments that I heard coming out of some of those folks mouth. Signs displaying hatred towards Obama. People saying that he is trying to indoctrinate the young kids of america. People insinuating that there may be some type of civil war.

I am aware that there were many people from all over the country including blue states, but man I could not believe the ridiculous and uneducated comments from people while I was watching the news today and they were showing coverage from the 9-12 rally.

Do we have many more people with backwards mentality in this country than I thought?

Are people still in denial that President Obama, the first black US president actually the president and folks will just not accept it?

All I could do is shake my head in disbelief while watching clips from this weekend on the different channels. It seems like some of those people were some of the same ones that were showing up to town hall meetings yelling and showing up with their guns. It seems as if this country in general has some ways to go as far as ignorance, and naitivity.

You need to watch some different channels. The liberal channels will only show the radicals. Of course, when you get that many people from the general public you will have some wackos coming out but the majority were very informed, educational, and level headed on presenting their arguments. Did you watch FOX at all? Probably not.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I don't know what says more about you, that you think "paleface taxes too high", "let little brave keep wampum", "on warpath against more taxes" aren't perfect examples of the stereotypical Native-speak, or that you clearly have never seen an aboriginal american ever in your life.

I didn't say it was not stereotyping but if they ARE Indians then they can say whatever they want. That is the point. You have no idea if they are or not, you are ASSuming they are not but you do not know.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:20 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
I guess you're not a Redskins fan huh?

Old 09-14-2009, 09:21 PM

[quote=dcadca;10760233]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisvilleslugger View Post

Ahhh I see so according to YOU Bush deserved it but also according to YOU Obama does not. Sorry but it does not work that way. That is called being a hypocrite. If you can dish out you better be ready to take it, we did for 8 years get use to it.
Surely you have seen me talk about the left leaning double standard. That is being applied here from the lefties. It is ok for them to do their thing but not so hot for us to do the same thing for Obama. I relish having them call me racist because I refused to vote for Obama and won't accept many things he does now.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You need to watch some different channels. The liberal channels will only show the radicals. Of course, when you get that many people from the general public you will have some wackos coming out but the majority were very informed, educational, and level headed on presenting their arguments. Did you watch FOX at all? Probably not.
The best part of all of this is that we don't know how many of those with the really bad signs weren't lefties trying to make the real people look worse. I have watched and watched on Fox and just don't find any of those really bad signs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies