Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 01:52 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botique View Post
Maher is just jealous that Beck has better ratings than him.
You bet. Its all about ratings anyway... American Idol rules! Logic and sensibilities... bad idea if ratings are the goal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 01:57 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,567,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Fact: Maher doesn't care what he says, or believes. He got his mug all over the news and even here simply for ratings. He has done exactly what he and others have accused Rush Limbaugh of doing. Kinda hard to understand why the pot is calling the kettle black....
Um, do you understand what the word 'fact' means?

I think he certainly must care what he says and what he believes.
It's how he makes his money.

But more than that he understands the mindset of a large segment of the American public:

Quote:
The Democrats just never learn: Americans don't really care which side of an issue you're on as long as you don't act like p*ssies. When Van Jones called the Republicans *******s, he was paying them a compliment. He was talking about how they can get things done even when they're in the minority, as opposed to the Democrats, who can't seem to get anything done even when they control both houses of Congress, the presidency, and Bruce Springsteen.
Another awesome Bill Maher rant:
Bill Maher: New Rule: Float Like Obama, Sting Like Ali

Old 09-15-2009, 02:24 PM

136 posts, read 107,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Glenn Beck exploits 9/11 tragedy for ratings: Because cheap symbology matters more than people

Glenn Beck exploits 9/11 tragedy for ratings: Because cheap symbology matters more than people | Crooks and Liars

LOL, some kind of made up website. Whatever.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:36 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Where was this great movement in the last 8 years? Asleep at the wheel? It is funny how all of the sudden, the "giant" awoke from its deep sleep. How come?
8 years how about the last 20?

Ross Perot was right.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:38 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botique View Post
LOL, some kind of made up website. Whatever.
It's not a made up website, it's video of Glenn Beck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf33g9ep4YU

Quote:
When you are rioting for these tickets, or these ATM cards, the second thing that came to mind was -- and this is horrible to say, and I wonder if I'm alone in this -- you know it took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims' families? Took me about a year. And I had such compassion for them, and I really wanted to help them, and I was behind, you know, "Let's give them money, let's get this started." All of this stuff. And I really didn't -- of the 3,000 victims' families, I don't hate all of them. Probably about 10 of them. And when I see a 9-11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, "Oh shut up!" I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining. And we did our best for them. And, again, it's only about 10.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:47 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
This was absolutely hilarious!

Glenn Beck’s army of zombie retirees are marching on Washington in protest of, well, everything. It’s the Million Moron March, although they won’t get a million of course, because many will be confused and drive to Washington state. But they will make news, because people who take to the streets always do. They’re at the town hall screaming at the congressmen, we’re on the couch screaming at the TV

Do you ever start a thread that is not trollish?

BTW, I'd be careful of that thumb in your icon, you never know where it's been.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:49 PM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Maher ridiculing Beck would be like Shemp Howard ridiculing Curly Howard for stoogery. Toss Keith Olbermann in there and he can be Larry Fine.
But that's not fair to the stooges. They made people laugh and didn't just try to make a quick buck being shills for extremist political interests.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:13 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Fact: Maher doesn't care what he says, or believes. He got his mug all over the news and even here simply for ratings. He has done exactly what he and others have accused Rush Limbaugh of doing. Kinda hard to understand why the pot is calling the kettle black....
"Fact"

Old 09-15-2009, 05:15 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
"Fact"
"Bull@$#& passed off as a fact.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:59 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
This was absolutely hilarious!

Glenn Beck’s army of zombie retirees are marching on Washington in protest of, well, everything. It’s the Million Moron March, although they won’t get a million of course, because many will be confused and drive to Washington state. But they will make news, because people who take to the streets always do. They’re at the town hall screaming at the congressmen, we’re on the couch screaming at the TV

Bill Maher is not funny at all, as he is too hateful. Who is the guy on the Daily Show? John Stewart? He is a lib, but is pretty funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies