Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 02:12 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,825,195 times

Advertisements

Can you please tell me at which minute mark the meltdown occurred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 02:15 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,056,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Nipple Clips and Feather Boas never killed anybody....um that I know of.

No but they sure make for a repulsive sight.

Willams was right about hussein obama.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
I laugh at these Tea Bag douche bags.....

They need to find work....Wait..they're complaining about the government not fixing the economy..

The same government they want less of!! Go figure...z

If they had jobs to go to, they wouldn't have all the time they have to complain...We all know the boss won't give them time off to bother big government...
The Washington Tea Party took place on a Saturday. That's called "The Weekend" where I come from. I guess you wouldn't have realized that because liberal or Democrat protests and rallys always take place at 11:00 AM on weekdays

Old 09-15-2009, 02:25 PM

409 posts, read 1,456,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Can someone please explain to the recent over-usage of the word "thug" in regards to union supporters and social welfare supporters? Both generally seem the complete opposite of what I understand to be "thug". Do I just not know what "thug" means?
It's the old "us vs them" mentality. Some people need to simplify life down to good vs evil or their brains implode.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:26 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,308,734 times
My feelings about the tea bagging movement are now confirmed.
Now I know who's leading the tea baggers and what they stand for.
This interview does not help their credibility at all.

Last edited by ozzie679; 09-15-2009 at 02:34 PM..

Old 09-15-2009, 02:30 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,588,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
So if we are going to have a conversation, why don't we have an honest conversation.
You won't get an honest conversation on this board because each side tends to use the talking points of their favorite pundits and run with them regardless of how ridiculous they are.

Right now, the liberal mainstream media is doing their best to continue covering for Obama. They idolized and promoted him the entire campaign cycle, and now they are trying to keep things positive for him even though the general public's approval ratings of Obama are falling like a rock. They know that ALL PROTESTS tend to attracts some fringe elements who do not represent the majority who are protesting. The liberal media is putting a giant magnifying glass over the small number of nutbags who are showing up and completely ignoring everybody else. Their disinformation campaign quickly spreads as many negative signs as they can find on news segments and websites, trying to create the illusion that those people are the majority rather than the fringe. Its funny that when Bush was in office, the liberal media never cared about the fringe whackjobs protesting with signs that read "Kill Bush", "Bush is the terrorist", or even better, "Kill Bush and all the extremist Christians". The left was consumed with hatred while Bush was in office, and it was ignored. Now the right is slowly getting more angry and hating Obama, and the media wouldn't dare miss an opportunity to sensationalize it. Its blatantly obvious yet I see the left swallowing it hook, line and sinker on this board every single day.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
That CNN reporter should be fired. That was horrible.
She was!

Old 09-15-2009, 02:38 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,308,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
You won't get an honest conversation on this board because each side tends to use the talking points of their favorite pundits and run with them regardless of how ridiculous they are.

Right now, the liberal mainstream media is doing their best to continue covering for Obama. They idolized and promoted him the entire campaign cycle, and now they are trying to keep things positive for him even though the general public's approval ratings of Obama are falling like a rock. They know that ALL PROTESTS tend to attracts some fringe elements who do not represent the majority who are protesting. The liberal media is putting a giant magnifying glass over the small number of nutbags who are showing up and completely ignoring everybody else. Their disinformation campaign quickly spreads as many negative signs as they can find on news segments and websites, trying to create the illusion that those people are the majority rather than the fringe. Its funny that when Bush was in office, the liberal media never cared about the fringe whackjobs protesting with signs that read "Kill Bush", "Bush is the terrorist", or even better, "Kill Bush and all the extremist Christians". The left was consumed with hatred while Bush was in office, and it was ignored. Now the right is slowly getting more angry and hating Obama, and the media wouldn't dare miss an opportunity to sensationalize it. Its blatantly obvious yet I see the left swallowing it hook, line and sinker on this board every single day.
Don't blame the liberal media for making this guy look like a jack***. You're talking about a small number of loonies that have ruined the protests. Ahhh, THAT GUY WAS ONE OF THE LEADERS OF THE TEA PARTIES!!!

Sorry for yelling. But this interview is going to be a hard one to live down....

Old 09-15-2009, 02:45 PM

558 posts, read 815,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Can someone please explain to the recent over-usage of the word "thug" in regards to union supporters and social welfare supporters? Both generally seem the complete opposite of what I understand to be "thug". Do I just not know what "thug" means?
I saw a video recently of [presumably] two union guys taunting a non-union protester. I'd call taunting or intimidation in that context "thuggery." Here's an example from 2008: Fayetteville Goodyear plant employee finds noose on tool box - 1/19/08 - Raleigh News - abc11.com . Certainly most union workers aren't thugs, just as most of the tea party protesters aren't extremists. Of course, if people want to draw lines in the sand and moan all day then I'm sure we'll hear words like "thug" and "douche bag" much more frequently to describe the former and the latter.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:45 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,651,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post

For the record - I tried having an honest conversation with wdavid002 and it was he who replied with nothing more than throw away one-liners and insults.

So, I agree with the premise, but the individual calling for it refuses to engage himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies