Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:08 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“She’s interesting,” he said again. “You know, just wait a few days until the bloom is off the rose.” Then he made a very smart assessment.

“This woman is being put into a position she is not even remotely prepared for,” he said. “She hasn’t spent one day on the national level. Neither has her family. Let’s wait and see how she looks five days out.” It was a rare dose of reality in a White House that liked to believe every decision was great, every Republican was a genius, and McCain was the hope of the world because, well, because he chose to be a member of our party.
Source (http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_10957 - broken link)

Interesting.
Wonder if the right wishes they'd listened to their leader...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 10:00 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Source (http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_10957 - broken link)

Interesting.
An excellent read.

I feel a little better now, knowing that Bush felt the same way I did about McCain. And I too remember the bottom falling out when Palin was selected as the VP running mate. It was the day that the Republican Party officially died in my opinion.

I thought the part about McCain not being able to get 500 people to come to his own event was very telling. Bush, even on a poor day could get 500 people ... and at the end, Bush wasn't even popular ... this kind of tells you about McCain all on it's own.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
An excellent read.

I feel a little better now, knowing that Bush felt the same way I did about McCain. And I too remember the bottom falling out when Palin was selected as the VP running mate. It was the day that the Republican Party officially died in my opinion.

I thought the part about McCain not being able to get 500 people to come to his own event was very telling. Bush, even on a poor day could get 500 people ... and at the end, Bush wasn't even popular ... this kind of tells you about McCain all on it's own.
I guess I must have left my glasses at home on election day. I failed to see Bush's name on my ballot. Where was it on yours?

Old 09-15-2009, 11:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
There is another thread about this on "Elections". Frankly, I agree with Bush.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:41 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess I must have left my glasses at home on election day. I failed to see Bush's name on my ballot. Where was it on yours?
Yeah .. a lot of folks left a lot of things at home on election day .. namely, their reasoning and good common sense.

McCain was a ruse then, and he is a ruse now ... He couldn't follow a pony around the pasture if he was tied to it. And I can say the same for Obama.

Folks in this country are so "fed" that if they ever tried to think for themselves, they'ld explode.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post

Interesting.

What a conumdrum for the rightists!!!

Their god and Leader-Who-Can-Do-No-Wrong BUSH didn't like their precious pitbull DivaDope!!!!!

LOL! Can hardly wait for their explanations of THAT....unless as usual they ignore the "embarrassing" stuff ....HAHAHA

Old 09-16-2009, 07:00 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,000 times
I don't really see the conumdrum. Bush felt that Palin wasn't ready for prime time, and certainly she didn't know what would be in store for her and her family. Sounds about right.

You forget to mention what else he said...you know, that Obama isn't remotely qualified for the position, and doesn't have a clue.

Seems like Bush hit the nail on the head with both.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:28 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
To use a quote from another poster ---- even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
I don't really see the conumdrum. Bush felt that Palin wasn't ready for prime time, and certainly she didn't know what would be in store for her and her family. Sounds about right.

You forget to mention what else he said...you know, that Obama isn't remotely qualified for the position, and doesn't have a clue.

Seems like Bush hit the nail on the head with both.
Even for those of us that were not strong Bush supporters you have that one right. The past election was probably the worst I have seen in my 50 years of voting. We have had good candidates on both sides, poor on one or the other and some questionable choices for VP, but this time both parties hit the bulls eye. God I hope 2012 is better..

Nita

Old 09-16-2009, 01:11 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
The only good thing about Bush's presidency is that it finally ended. It was not unlike an abusive husband who destroys every link his wife had with her previous life and reality so he can push his own agenda. The wife was only months if not weeks from death before he was stopped from hurting her anymore. Why are his opinions on other politicians relevant? Tell me. Why? How has Obama materially differed from previous administrations? They have spent. He is spending. No more and quite a bit less than the administration immediately previous. Why does that make him such a focus for hysteria? Why were you not hysterical when the death toll of the Iraq War went over 4,000? Why did impeachment proceedings fail to move forward when Lehman Brothers toppled?. Why now and why so impassioned?

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies