Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 02:07 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times

Advertisements

It's now the Teabaggers new favorite slogan. And I don't care who they are, that kind of behavior isn't even accepted in my son's first grade classroom. Such low brow, immature behavior on the part of Wilson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 02:46 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Bush was clearly called a lier by democrats. They bascially accused him of crimianal actions for eight years. idf obama can't take the heat then he needs to get out of the kitchen as Truman said. Democrats need to thnil back at the constant investiagtions and accustion of the last eight years.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:08 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Absolutly nobody has opposition to Wilson being able to say what he wants to say about the President. There are innumerable venues in which Wilson could have appropriately said he thought the President was lying and WHY.

However, Wilson, interrupting a speech before Congress and the American people was just a matter of what he said, his emotions got the best of him, and he shouted out at a black man, "putting him in his place" so to speak, as he probably was raised to do. I have no patience with people like Joe Wilson. I am from an old Southern family, grew up in a "good" Southern family in the South, and I recognize the "traits" in that old South Carolina rally call, as surely as Jimmy Carter recognized it.
Yeah well Jimmy Carter allowed his 'mammy' to live out her golden years in a shack, so you will excuse me if I don't consider him to be the arbiter of race relations.

And as I clearly said in my post - Wilson picked the wrong time to do it. However, what do you suppose the democrats really meant when they booed W during his speeches? Were they trying to keep a WASP down?

Sorry doll - you can't have it both ways. To paraphrase Sigmund Freud "sometimes a dick is just a dick".

Old 09-16-2009, 03:11 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
I yelled at the TV almost every time Bush opened his mouth.
Luckily, I was living out of the country during most of that time.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:06 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Would Republicans have assailed this Democrat for saying such a thing? He would have been rode out of Congress on a rail, thrown under the bus by fellow Democrats as well. Furthermore, this person would have been CORRECT because the lies about WMD were just that.

However, Joe Wilson yelled "You Lie!" when it is clearly stated in H.R. 3200, Sec. 246 "NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS"

Not only was it poor class to do such a thing, it was also incorrect.

If Republicans had any decency (they don't) he'd be censured by his own party and Republicans might regain some credibility.
Yeah what if... What if cars ran on happiness and love? well guess what? they don't and that never happened, even though majorities of democrats, and even some republicans didn't like Bush they never disrespected the president. That guy should be kicked out! We need to respect our president and have faith in him.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:14 AM

843 posts, read 1,298,258 times
Quote:
Would Republicans have assailed this Democrat for saying such a thing? He would have been rode out of Congress on a rail, thrown under the bus by fellow Democrats as well. Furthermore, this person would have been CORRECT because the lies about WMD were just that.

However, Joe Wilson yelled "You Lie!" when it is clearly stated in H.R. 3200, Sec. 246 "NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS"

If Republicans had any decency (they don't) he'd be censured by his own party and Republicans might regain some credibility.
It's pretty pathetic when you have to use stuff that didn't happen to make yourself feel superior. No democrat said "you lie" during a Bush speech so there is no way to determine what would have happened. You are making stuff up to prove a point.

And you forgot one thing. No one is going to ask for documentation so that section is meaningless.

Why does President Obama want to deny health coverage to undocumented people anyway? He loses all credibility with me on that one. Denying people care for no other reason than what country they were born in? Sounds like a death panel to me.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:18 AM

843 posts, read 1,298,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Absolutly nobody has opposition to Wilson being able to say what he wants to say about the President. There are innumerable venues in which Wilson could have appropriately said he thought the President was lying and WHY.

However, Wilson, interrupting a speech before Congress and the American people was just a matter of what he said, his emotions got the best of him, and he shouted out at a black man, "putting him in his place" so to speak, as he probably was raised to do. I have no patience with people like Joe Wilson. I am from an old Southern family, grew up in a "good" Southern family in the South, and I recognize the "traits" in that old South Carolina rally call, as surely as Jimmy Carter recognized it.

Nothing worse than a self-loathing Southerner.

Hey, since Obama wants to deny coverage to illegals could we not say he is racist? I think the arguement could be made.

After all, when people think of illegal aliens they think of people of color. Yet, Obama wants to deny them care? A death panel if you will.

Just sayin'

Old 09-18-2009, 04:24 AM

639 posts, read 1,142,772 times
Democrats are great at rewriting history. They blame Bush for the crisis we are now in.....the banking scandals/mortgage meltdown can be laid right at the feet of Bawney Frank, Christopher Dodd, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, and Bill Clinton. Do some research. When people hold up signs comparing Hussein to "Hitler" I disagree but I do agree with their right to do so. The huff coming out of the Dems could be heard in Russia....The damn Dems did the EXACT same thing to Bush when he was in office. They are good at conveniently forgetting things when it suits them. They forget that they too have radical fringes in their party that have done the same things to past Republican Presidents that are now being done to Hussein....the difference....George Bush was white and Hussein is 1/2 black. Because he is black that allows everyone and anyone to yell out "racist" anytime they want to shut someone down for disagreeing with him and his policies. Sounds like a dictatorship to me when you are not allowed to criticize the government for fear of being branded a racist. I disagree with what Wilson did, but the reality is he apologized and that is it. This nonsense has gone on too long.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:35 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:

But HR 3200 isn't the only healthcare bill out there and therein lies the problem. Too much blathering by everyone about a mess of contradicting bills.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:09 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:

If a democrat said "you lie" during a GWB speech following 9/11 Bush could point out that the Hussein government gassed Kurds and Iranians and that we had no evidence of the weapons disposal beyond the same government's say so. The MOC could then be interviewed by the CIA to find out if they actually knew something tangible. If they didn't then they could be tried for treason since they would be interfering with the defense of the United States for purely political purposes.

"the administration is backing a provision that would require proof of citizenship before someone could enroll in a plan selected on the exchange."

White House Quietly Admits Joe Wilson Was Correct. Wait, What? : Stop The ACLU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies