Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 05:41 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,959,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVOBAMA View Post
Like it or not hate crimes are on the books. This guy should get the worst sentence available. I wouldn't care if he was black or some white guy calling me n*****. If you beat the crap out of me, I want you going away forever.

On a different note, someone mentioned segragation. I really wish the equal part would have been fought for. I don't mind separate. The problem was equal. I believe if we were given true equality in our own communities back then. We would be so much better as a people now. Can you imagine what was done to their self- esteem in those places. A lot of kids still suffer the same way today. I'm all for separate, but equal. Well, I guess I can dream.

Anyway, back to the white guy Fry Him!
I don't know what your racial background is but there is no such thing as separate but equal. What we as a society really need is to put aside this racial nonsense and learn how to get along with one another. A person's skin coloring is just the packaging, it's whats on the inside that counts and what needs to be focused on. I guess I can continue to dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 05:44 PM

103 posts, read 147,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
The same tape that did not provide enough for the Justice department to bring charges. Yes...The same Justice department that have been in place under EVERY ADMINISTRATION since Kennedy, YES. The same Justice department that has take up Civil Rights violation since their creation, YES. Unless there's a different Justice department that your aware of. Whats your point? oops don't sound like you have one.
the suit againist them was filed they failed to appear in court the justice department won by their failue to appear.eric holder let them go. between the tape and witness there was more than enough. one witness was a 1960 civil right's worker. the same eric holder who lobbied to get a pardon for PR.nationalist A.K.A. terrorist in the late 1990's i feel your making a excuses or not up on this case. the tape was pretty clear

Last edited by proudandwhite; 09-16-2009 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: more to add

Old 09-16-2009, 05:51 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,519,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
This just illustrates how ridiculous "hate" crimes really are. Anyone who gets attacked as this woman did should expect justice to be mete out. Why you could have identical crimes where a white man beats up a black woman but in one case, the perpetrator yelled out racial slurs and the other perpetrator remained silent during the beating. How can we not say the second crime deserves less punishment versus the first? How can we not say the second crime wasn't motivated by racial hatred?
You know, I was just thinking of this kind of situation. Now, I have no problem w/certain crimes being called "hate crimes" because in some instances, it's true. Then I started thinking of a scenario: what if some guy beat me up but never said anything derogatory to me....so he gets a lighter sentence. Then, he goes out & beats up another woman but in that instance calls her all sorts of hateful derogatory things & because of that he gets a heavier sentence. I think I'd be pretty p*ssed at that outcome.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:53 PM

99 posts, read 150,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I don't know what your racial background is but there is no such thing as separate but equal. What we as a society really need is to put aside this racial nonsense and learn how to get along with one another. A person's skin coloring is just the packaging, it's whats on the inside that counts and what needs to be focused on. I guess I can continue to dream.
I don't think it will ever happen, but wouldn't it be nice.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:55 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,614,946 times
The adolescents on the bus should be treated as juvenile offenders, the adult in cracker barrel should be charged with aggrivated assault.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:58 PM

247 posts, read 378,847 times
The best any of us can hope for is that enough people exercise their vote and elect officials that treat all races equally, have a tough stance on crime, want to reduce poverty, improve the education system, end illegal immigration, make health care a right (amended to the bill of rights), make education a right (higher education, amended to the bill of rights), make equal work for equal pay a right (for women, amended to the bill of rights), and create jobs in THIS country.

Before anyone gets mad, yeah -- I am part Mexican. My Mexican relatives came here legally. I have no respect for someone that comes here illegally, with their palms stretched out demanding "gimme, gimme, gimme" ... I say "GO HOME! GO HOME! GO HOME!"

Now, if we could figure out a way to make the press:
1. Give equal importance to missing persons stories, regardless of race.
2. Report a crime of racism when it really is a crime and not just for the sake of ratings or selling more copy.
3. Report all the facts on presidential candidates whether or not the facts are good, bad, ugly or indifferent.
4. Stop adding made up news to news stories just because there's nothing else to report (case in point, the missing Yale student Annie Le).
5. Offer fair and balanced reporting about elections regardless of what party the news reporter belongs to. I don't want to hear his/her political basis! I just want the damned facts!

Old 09-16-2009, 06:00 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,679,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
lol

I suppose she could have defended herself but wasn't thinking that would be part of a trip to Cracker Barrel. Perhaps her position in the military is administrative?

The spokesperson for Cracker Barrel will probably have some thoughts on this.

Looking back--it was really great to have experienced the relatively less intense decades that preceded this one. Even in the state of GA we managed to not get on each others nerves so badly. My own father was much like Archie Bunker and used expletives that would be offensive to many--ethnic slurs and all that. 'Long haired hippies' really got him going. He restrained himself in public but on a bad day would have had plenty to say in the car about anyone that bothered him. He also had some health issues and although that isn't an excuse, either, it sometimes is a factor. It was for my dad, at least.
It is very hard when you have to live with a conservative. Especially one that drinks. I know from experience. But mine actually mellowed out with age. He was actually pretty decent when he died. I think the war in Korea got to him. He saw lots of action and was wounded. He never wanted to talk about that of anything else much.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
It probably happened too quickly but unfortunately you never know these days what you might be getting into. Best to get on the cell phone and call those trained for this sort of thing. You could find yourself in the back of a police car, too and also sustain injuries.

This is not a 'good' way to have to live but I have come to accept that is the reality.

One bit of GA news --a delivery driver did intervene when he saw a woman being attacked, raped in her front yard this week.
Awww but the conservatives got mad when they found out that he is a Teamster. Can't have union guys doing that!

Old 09-16-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Are you trying to make Atlanta out to be a white city that hates blacks? Come on, Kev! I live in Atlanta too. Atlanta is black and Clayton County is black. This guy is toast.

- Reel
Morrow is NOT Atlanta and Atlanta does not hand out justice very often.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:07 PM

9,873 posts, read 10,781,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Awww but the conservatives got mad when they found out that he is a Teamster. Can't have union guys doing that!
You do realize union guys are liberals kev, what are you talking about? answer the question where did you get this guy was a conservative?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies