U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-16-2009, 02:09 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,003 posts, read 16,652,758 times
Reputation: 3784

Advertisements



US Sending 1,000 More Troops to Iraq -- News from Antiwar.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-16-2009, 02:40 PM
 
11,127 posts, read 13,176,347 times
Reputation: 3687
Sorry folks, but told you so. Welcome to Bush light foreign policy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 02:49 PM
 
Location: South Fla
9,644 posts, read 9,040,899 times
Reputation: 1942
Oh I cant wait to see the response to this thread
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:10 PM
 
11,127 posts, read 13,176,347 times
Reputation: 3687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Oh I cant wait to see the response to this thread
Or lack of response.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Arizona High Desert
4,669 posts, read 5,348,797 times
Reputation: 2802
I bet this group can find those pesky WMD's. The ones that Saddam and Hans Blix said were not there. Rummy said they were. And they weren't. Bush assured us that they were not under his desk.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 04:10 PM
 
Location: South Fla
9,644 posts, read 9,040,899 times
Reputation: 1942
What still no response?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 04:20 PM
 
12,436 posts, read 10,893,451 times
Reputation: 3154
Very sad and very disappointing. I guess it should be expected when you have neocons like Rahm and Hillary in your cabinet. Obama seems to forgotten how he got elected. This is not change, but more of the same.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 04:34 PM
 
11,127 posts, read 13,176,347 times
Reputation: 3687
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Very sad and very disappointing. I guess it should be expected when you have neocons like Rahm and Hillary in your cabinet. Obama seems to forgotten how he got elected. This is not change, but more of the same.
I think Obama knew very well what he was doing, but I think he is miscalculating the liberal base. There have been grumblings of some that wish to primary against him. Wouldn't that be something.

I'm rather saddened by those folks who opposed the war so strongly under Bush, who now remain silent now that the Obama administration is in office. If folks are going to oppose the war, then oppose the war, don't give a free pass just because the party of choice is now running the show.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Yootó
1,305 posts, read 3,376,194 times
Reputation: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I think Obama knew very well what he was doing, but I think he is miscalculating the liberal base. There have been grumblings of some that wish to primary against him. Wouldn't that be something.

I'm rather saddened by those folks who opposed the war so strongly under Bush, who now remain silent now that the Obama administration is in office. If folks are going to oppose the war, then oppose the war, don't give a free pass just because the party of choice is now running the show.
Liberal base...right wingers...blah, blah, blah...one of these days everyone will wake up and realize that the powers that be, and I mean our corporate overlords are running this country. They are currently running it by making sure we are all polarized and arguing over who is right or wrong. Their strategy is working. As long as they have the citizenry doing this, there will be less attention paid to their war profiteering and other misdeeds. The Dems and the GOP are just puppets now, taking turns managing the fun house mirror of public policy.

We need a viable third party that will shake things up. I don't know how or when this will happen, but we really do need a true populist party that will throw all of them out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 04:44 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,478 posts, read 14,416,845 times
Reputation: 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
Liberal base...right wingers...blah, blah, blah...one of these days everyone will wake up and realize that the powers that be, and I mean our corporate overlords are running this country. They are currently running it by making sure we are all polarized and arguing over who is right or wrong. Their strategy is working. As long as they have the citizenry doing this, there will be less attention paid to their war profiteering and other misdeeds. The Dems and the GOP are just puppets now, taking turns managing the fun house mirror of public policy.

We need a viable third party that will shake things up. I don't know how or when this will happen, but we really do need a true populist party that will throw all of them out.
Shake things up? LOL, well sure that's good in theory but look at what's happening w/Obama. The air is rife w/claims that Obama is too radical. If he's not shaking things up, then I don't know who is.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top