Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:26 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,401,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
When a black man's face it put on a monkey ... yes, that's racist ... duh. At least the Bush face superimposed on a monkey's body has Bush making a monkey face ...

I just find it incredible that these crazies are trying desperately to justify their own racism.
I see, I get it now

bush as a monkey= political humor...obama as a monkey= racist
bush as hilter= political humor.... obama as hitler= racist
call bush a liar= civil disobediance....call obama a liar= ractist
say bush is over spending= truth....say obama is overspending= a lie
bush has wiretaps= unconstitutional...obama CONTINUING the wiretaps= nothing said

oh the hyprocracy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 08:29 AM

52,342 posts, read 34,099,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I put one in the mens room urinal...amazing how the mens aim increases!!
lmao! an excellent idea.

i'm sure the janitor appreciates never having to worry about finding a single speck of pee on the floor now.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:11 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,633,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Hypocrite Alert!!!!

It's okay for your side to do it but racist when the other side does the exact same thing to your guy!

Incredible is what your justification of your hate is.
Racist alert!

Putting a white man's monkey face on a monkey is not racist.

Again, I love it how the dimwitted right is justifying racism now. Nobody hollared RACISM when it was done to Bush ...

Old 09-17-2009, 11:42 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,416,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

I see, I get it now

bush as a monkey= political humor...obama as a monkey= racist
bush as hilter= political humor.... obama as hitler= racist
call bush a liar= civil disobediance....call obama a liar= ractist
say bush is over spending= truth....say obama is overspending= a lie
bush has wiretaps= unconstitutional...obama CONTINUING the wiretaps= nothing said

oh the hyprocracy
No, actually, it goes more like this:

Bush as a monkey = political asshattery and disrespect (it was obnoxious, but there's nothing inherently racist about depicting a white man as a monkey) . . . Obama as a monkey = possibly just asshattery, but based on historical depictions of black men as monkeys being intentionally racist = racist

Bush as Hitler = historically ridiculous, but given the secret prisons and prisoner torture and abuse, understandable even though not accurate . . . Obama as Hitler = stupid and historically inaccurate but not racist.

Call Bush a liar = factually correct, depending on the specific allegation, but should never be done by members of Congress during a joint session . . . Call Obama a liar = unproven that any of Obama's claims have been lies, as in deliberately false for political gain, but not racist unless you are referring to a specific individual about a specific allegation made in a specific set of circumstances, where you can know the history of that individual's racist background.

Bush is overspending = truth . . . Obama overspending = truth, but to what end and at what actual cost? Honest observers can come to an honest disagreement about the affects of said spending.

Bush has wiretaps = unconstitutional . . . Obama CONTINUING the wiretaps = HUGE uproar from the Left. We're STILL pi$$ed that this outrageous program continues. Get in line behind US to protest, because at least WE expected better of this president!

And just to keep this on topic: Keith Olbermann's scathing criticism of Obama's secrecy/immunity claims - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com
Quote:
Last night, Keith Olbermann -- who has undoubtedly been one of the most swooning and often-uncritical admirers of Barack Obama of anyone in the country (behavior for which I rather harshly criticized him in the past) -- devoted the first two segments of his show to emphatically lambasting Obama and Eric Holder's DOJ for the story I wrote about on Monday: namely, the Obama administration's use of the radical Bush/Cheney state secrets doctrine and -- worse still -- a brand new claim of "sovereign immunity" to insist that courts lack the authority to decide whether the Bush administration broke the law in illegally spying on Americans.

. . .

Credit to Olbermann for highlighting this issue and commenting on it with such unrestrained candor.

. . .

Serious credit to Olbermann for putting on Bankston tonight and thus continuing his coverage of this story

. . .
Videos embedded in linked article.

Last edited by Jill61; 09-17-2009 at 11:51 AM..

Old 09-17-2009, 11:48 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,068,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Last night, when I was watching Fox (to remind myself how uninformed they are, of course), I switched to my man KO.

Bingo!!! He had a clip of President Bush stuttering in the middle of a sentence.

I and kajillions will sure be glad when Bush/Cheney are out of office

Tonight, while I'm shouting at Bill O'Reilley, I click to the Big Guy and bonus!! He's showing a "Fox and Friends In the Morning" clip and giving them H-E-L-L.

Go Keith!!!!!! The sky's the limit, ratingswise!!!! Whooot!!!!

More proof left wingers do not see truth or facts when they are right in their face. No one on MSNBC can compete with FOX. All MSNBC's ratings are tanking. I guess I should be happy the left is so delusional and clueless.

I just saw this on the Drudge report:

DRUDGE REPORT 2009®

CABLE NEWS RACE
Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2009

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 4,039,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 3,451,000
FOXNEWS BECK 3,421,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,785,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,273,000
FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 2,201,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,395,000 *snicker*
MSNBC MADDOW 1,369,000
CNN KING 1,355,000
CNN COOPER 1,086,000

Old 09-17-2009, 11:49 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,039,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Last night, when I was watching Fox (to remind myself how uninformed they are, of course), I switched to my man KO.

Bingo!!! He had a clip of President Bush stuttering in the middle of a sentence.

I and kajillions will sure be glad when Bush/Cheney are out of office

Tonight, while I'm shouting at Bill O'Reilley, I click to the Big Guy and bonus!! He's showing a "Fox and Friends In the Morning" clip and giving them H-E-L-L.

Go Keith!!!!!! The sky's the limit, ratingswise!!!! Whooot!!!!
wow, I can see the extent of your political insight. You fit right in with a majority of Americans though.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:56 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,528,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Olbermann still thinks Bush is President.
One thing wrong with that statement...you assume Olbermann thinks.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:57 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,068,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Racist alert!

Putting a white man's monkey face on a monkey is not racist.

Again, I love it how the dimwitted right is justifying racism now. Nobody hollared RACISM when it was done to Bush ...

Sure putting a monkey face on a white man is racist but not to a white man. It is racist to blacks. I asked everyone in the office what they thought it implied and they all stated it was a way to insinuate he is like a black with racist bigoted implications.

Left wingers always find a way to prove they are the racists.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:58 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,520,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
There is nothing to like and there DAMN SURE isn't anything to respect about that pathetic pathalogical liar.

I'm glad to hear you say that about Hannity, I was getting worried that you would excuse a liar.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:00 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,796,183 times
Lightbulb .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
More proof left wingers do not see truth or facts when they are right in their face. No one on MSNBC can compete with FOX. All MSNBC's ratings are tanking. I guess I should be happy the left is so delusional and clueless.

I just saw this on the Drudge report:

DRUDGE REPORT 2009®

CABLE NEWS RACE
Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2009

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 4,039,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 3,451,000
FOXNEWS BECK 3,421,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,785,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,273,000
FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 2,201,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,395,000 *snicker*
MSNBC MADDOW 1,369,000
CNN KING 1,355,000
CNN COOPER 1,086,000
305,529,237 people watch none of them; that says a lot about how much smarter they are!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies