Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 09:34 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu41 View Post
We aren't even defending ISRAEL! YOUR PRESIDENT ISN'T DEFENDING ANYONE FOR THE MATTER! He's not even defending us! He is making us WEAKER! Be very very afraid.

Seeing a foreign army marching down your street? See men with rifles behind the bushes? Commies under the bed? Any other intreresting visions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 09:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
FUMANCHU41 - Do you or any of your relatives live in Poland? If you or they do, I suggest moving to Argentina. They do not expect to be attacked by anyone. Now that Russia has turned "capitalist" (sort of) they would rather trade than invade. Invasions cost too much and do not make as much money.

Stop living in the past. What happened, happened. It is regrettable but cannot be changed. Mourn your losses and get over it.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:37 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why don't you do some homework on those missiles in Poland. They were not there to protect Poland from Russia, so your post is nothing but an ignorant rant. What makes you think Russia was planning to attack Poland, a NATO member again, and rape and murder their people? Do you understand what it means to attack a NATO member? And Gates says the new system will be quicker, cheaper and more effective against Iranian missiles than the Polish base, so sweep your tears already.
NATO is in direct violation of our Constitution in terms of foreign involvement. Make sure you remember that when you join a non-hypocrite like myself at the tea party.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:38 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Where do you get your info that the majority of the population in Eastern Europe did not want such a system? Have you ever been to Poland or spoken with a Pole or Czech? HUH? Don't pretend to know what you are talking about.
Where did you get it in your head that such a system is consistent with the intention of our founding fathers and legal under the US Constitution? You speak of what happens to Poles. Why is it of concern to the US? George Washington was against helping the French during their revolution specifically because he didn't want to be involved in precarious alliances.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:38 AM

161 posts, read 499,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Seeing a foreign army marching down your street? See men with rifles behind the bushes? Commies under the bed? Any other intreresting visions?
You better hope those visions and nightmares of past experiences by my relatives, do not become your reality.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
FUMANCHU41 - Do you or any of your relatives live in Poland? If you or they do, I suggest moving to Argentina. They do not expect to be attacked by anyone. Now that Russia has turned "capitalist" (sort of) they would rather trade than invade. Invasions cost too much and do not make as much money.

Stop living in the past. What happened, happened. It is regrettable but cannot be changed. Mourn your losses and get over it.
I would like you to make this statement to the family and friends of loved one who lost there lives on 9/11. How about making this statement to the haulocaust survivors and their children. You are an inconsiderate. How quickly you liberals forget.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:42 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
First of all, you have NO idea what you are talking about. Read and understand before you open your pie-hole. Do you have relatives in Poland or Czech? Have you spoken to any Poles or Czech? Answer my question. DO you?
Yes, my neighbors are Polish and we talk to them all the time. And I have relatives living in Europe. The Poles didn't want them. And again, the purpose of those missiles was not to protect Poland from Russia.

The Polish politicians are not happy because of the lost revenue they thought the US base would bring.

Do a little homework before coming here to embarrass yourself.

Why don't you go to Poland to appease them in person. Don't ask the US taxpayers to appease the rest of the world with their hard earned money.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:46 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
NATO is in direct violation of our Constitution in terms of foreign involvement. Make sure you remember that when you join a non-hypocrite like myself at the tea party.
Yes, I don't believe in permanent alliences such as NATO. But Poland is a NATO mamber whether or not I believe in NATO itself.

As for tea-parties: I have requested the local tea-party to remove me from their mailing list. I did that soon after the Republican party hijacked the tea party movement.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, my neighbors are Polish and we talk to them all the time. And I have relatives living in Europe. The Poles didn't want them. And again, the purpose of those missiles was not to protect Poland from Russia.

The Polish politicians are not happy because of the lost revenue they thought the US base would bring.

Do a little homework before coming here to embarrass yourself.

Why don't you go to Poland to appease them in person. Don't ask the US taxpayers to appease the rest of the world with their hard earned money.
"My neighbors are Polish". Just listen to yourself. LOL

NAIVE little sheep.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:48 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
You better hope those visions and nightmares of past experiences by my relatives, do not become your reality.

Well, I have distant relatives starved to death by Stalin in the '30s, they're dead and so is Stalin. Carrying a grudge against those who no longer walk the earth will get me where? Many Americans died at Pearl Harbor, should we be banning Japanese products in the US because of what happened 60+ years ago?

What I hope, with apparently little chance, is the GOP will STOP this McCarthyesque fear-mongering BS and actually come up some rational plans for America and some candidates with a better platform than "Be afraid, be very afraid" I'd like a choice when election time rolls around, currently, I don't believe I have a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies