Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 01:41 AM

2,897 posts, read 20,338,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareWonder View Post
okay Topaz...
we can use our connections to Claremont Institute to check out the MEADS system of weapons.
It is the work of US, Germany and Italy... designed in cooperation since the 1980's, it is targeted
ready for 2014.

Since the Claremont Institute is a conservative think tank whose

"mission is to restore the principles of the American Founding to their rightful,
preeminent authority in our national life,"

there is a good chance we have someone on board or very close to their leadership.

MissileThreat :: Medium Extended Air Defense System (MEADS)

We can start here... there is another system as well... let's see what we can come up with
in 45 minutes as to links we can investigate more fully tomorrow... we are on a time constraint
since its over by tomorrow night...

though we are not ideologically bound, of course we would want to try conservative outfits first... smile...

I am going to put more links here... as they develop...

.... will be back editing when I find more...

rare
<nods in agreement with Rare> and I've found something too!

There'll be a rare minerals conference in late October in Shanghai, China. Here's the link and I'll continue to add as I find more.

China Magnetics 2009 - Oct. 26-28, 2009 - Shanghai, China
China Magnetics | Summary | powered by RegOnline

Rare, check out this link. It has a chart which compares China's rare earth mineral mining with the rest of the world, lists the rare earths' names, atomic numbers and shows their uses plus has an article that follows.

"Rare Wealth"
http://chinhdangvu.blogspot.com/2009...-minerals.html

I found the rare earth metals conference that Dr. Andrew May will be speaking at! <jumping up and down!--we hit pay dirt... grin>

Managing Supply Chain Risks for Critical & Strategic Metals Conference - Oct. 20-22, 2009 - Washington, DC
http://www.infocastinc.com/index.php...rence/metals09

Look, Rare, at this conference they actually have a "Risk Management and Sourcing Summit for Critical & Strategic Metals" on Oct. 21-22, standard costs: $1,695.

"Status and Outlook for Critical & Strategic Metals: Supply, Demand, Risks and Price" on Oct. 20, standard cost: $795.

Last edited by Topaz_Flowers; 09-20-2009 at 02:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 01:56 AM

3,198 posts, read 13,105,877 times
Default edits... for follow up

KBM: MANPADS: Man-portable Air Defence Missile Systems

Contemporary MANPADS are unique articles developed on the base of high technologies that are possessed by a few countries only. For the time being only six countries (Russia, USA, France, Great Britain, Sweden, Japan) were able to independently develop air defence systems of very short range, but only two of them (Russia and USA) provided for the capability of shoulder firing by a single person based on the "fire-and-forget" concept.

MIAT - Artillery Ammunition, Fire Control Systems and Training and Simulation Systems - Army Technology (http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/ammunition/miat/ - broken link)

The Military Institute of Armament Technology (MIAT), has been creating new developments for the Polish armed forces for 80 years. The institute deals with many projects of scientific research, design, development, upgrading or qualification with regard to weapons systems.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-184605001.html
WARSAW. SEPTEMBER 8, 2008 . INTERFAX CENTRAL EUROPE - Poland is going to start construction of its own missile defense system that will protect its territory from short- and medium-range missiles, Poland's Defense Minister Bogdan Klich told a press conference in Kielce on Monday.
"As a priority, I would like a program for the construction of our own Polish missile defense shield to be launched, a program of arming the military with installations against short- and medium-range missiles," Klich said. "We've made a lot of effort during negotiations with our U.S. partners to make the ...

North Korea may have shot mid-range missile | Reuters
July 5, 2009 Reuters
The U.S. pointman for sanctions on North Korea begins talks in Malaysia on Sunday, possibly on links banks have to the North's finances, while a report said Pyongyang may have shot mid-range missiles in a series fired on Saturday.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-187860556.html
Text of report in English by corporate-owned Russian military news agency Interfax-AVN website
Moscow, 10 September 2008: New mobile and silo-based Topol-M missile complexes [systems] are to be put on combat duty strictly in line with the schedule, Russian Strategic Missile Troops (RVSN) Commander Col-Gen Nikolay Solovtsov has said.
"The fifth missile regiment of the RVSN unit in Tatishchevo [Saratov Region] armed with silo-based Topol-M complexes will be fully equipped in 2008. The group of silo-based Topol-M complexes will have 50 launch sites," Solovtsov told a briefing on Wednesday.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-9-2009_pg7_45
TEHRAN: Iran said on Sunday it had developed early warning weapon systems to intercept stealth-equipped cruise missiles, state-run Press TV reported.

Israel and the US have not ruled out possible military action if diplomatic efforts fail to curb an Iranian nuclear programme the West suspects could yield atomic weapons. Iran insists it seeks only to generate electricity.

“The Iranian air force has managed to build scores of anti-aircraft batteries and missile systems in addition to sophisticated radar,” said General Ahmad Miqani, an air defence commander, quoted by Iran’s English-language satellite news network. “Today, the military is able to both detect and destroy stealth cruise missiles,” the television quoted Miqani as saying. He did not give further details. Cruise missiles are designed to fly low to their targets, hugging the contours of the land to avoid radar detection. reuters

http://en.trend.az/regions/iran/1543030.html
Azerbaijan, Baku, September 17 / Trend News, U.Sadikhova /
Despite the U.S. refusal to deploy missile defense system (MDS) in Eastern Europe, Iran will continue to develop plans on missile establishment, said Yehuda Ben Meir, director of National Security and Public Opinion Project at the Israeli Institute for National Security Studies.
"To the best Iran is going to full speed forwards making the huge investments in trying to continue to extend and advance its long rage missile program, Ben Meir told Trend News by telephone. It is clearly trying to make missiles which Europe could reach."

from Wiki
For current US developments, see Missile Defense Agency. For other short-range missiles, see Sea Wolf, Aster 15 and Crotale missile.

http://www.upi.com/Security_Industry...1541250697304/
Published: Aug. 19, 2009 at 11:55 AM
TEL AVIV, Israel, Aug. 19 (UPI) -- Raytheon Co., the world's biggest missile maker, says it is developing a new anti-missile system that could beef up Israel's defense against as early as 2013.

http://65.175.64.197/defence/general...ce_system.html
Astrakhan: Already boasting formidable air and missile defence systems such as the venerable S-300 Favorit, for long regarded as the most potent anti-air and missile defence system in the world, and the recently introduced S-400 Triumf, Russian officials have said that an even more advanced S-500 air defence system could well be developed over the next few years. The system is expected to be capable of destroying hypersonic and ballistic targets.
The S-500, currently at the blueprint stage at the Almaz-Antei company, is expected to be rolled out by 2012. Russian air force commander, Col Gen Alexander Zelin, said, "This work is in progress...I think this system will appear in the near future."

Topaz... by scanning through the above articles confirms for me that missile technology is like computers.. in that the technology can become less than top grade in a seven year span.

rare

Last edited by RareWonder; 09-20-2009 at 02:25 AM..

Old 09-20-2009, 11:28 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,547,128 times
Default Mouth WIDE OPEN! WHOAH!

: come in from workin at the warehouse to make money for school
supplies : Hey MMC &Topaz & Rare! I just got home from triple time
and tired... gonna see... whoaaa!!!

You guys are GOOD! How am I gonna keep up now Haahahaha! Ok..
I'll admit I never thought female adults who never played strategy games
would be much good at it... I was wrong! You guys are formidably
AWESOME!!! I feel my blood racing now!

ok.. I gotta go to bed but just reading close to the end we got a couple
problems. First, we're globalist so national interests of any kind is our
enemy. Did we stop poland from building its own missile system?
They wanted short& meduim... so ..How did we convince them to go
long... I know the people were negative but we don't have to consider
them

Also are any banks linked to us also linked to North Korea...
There was some NY Banks washing money for China a while ago..
We have to increase the power of our house first... Goldman Sachs.

If JP Morgan can be proved to have questionable ties to N.Korea, that
might be an advantage... if it's us we have to keep that buried..

We don't have time to trace our involvement in the exploitation of space...

: ponders while I'm still conscious : The game ends tonight... can we do it

can we keep the Global Missile Defense System program going since
a large part of our New World Order Agenda depends on it...

Holy toledo... yall worked some long hours! That's how it goes though...

Poland wanting to do their own system is a move from the black side
of the chess board... if we were able to shut it down then we captured that piece...

We need to do more checking into the system being considered now...

: smile at them: I'm starting to admire grownups again! hahahahaha!

I gotta go to bed... and sorry that I gotta be at school tomorrow.
See how much you learn though? It can get very intense!

Falling to sleep...Cya Later

RFSilver

Old 09-20-2009, 11:47 AM

Hey, RFSilver, I've had so much fun, I almost wish I could have just paid you the money you needed and let you play the game.

<laughing>

Doggonit! I was so wrapped up in this that I forgot some previous commitments that I made for today.

I think you will be pleased with what I found. Check it out, little brother (ohhhh so you didn't think <teasing> girls could be great strategists. Glad we could school you, Little Grasshopper!)

<laughing>

Obama has presented a problem for us globalists and let me show you how.

Check out these links (d*** I am becoming addicted to this but just think if we had Repub think parties, not that Repubs would necessarily be globalists) ...so our agenda would be how to stop any and all nationalists.

Obama put a wrinkle in our plans this way..

New US anti-missile system in Israel, Azerbaijan to replace scrapped shield in E. Europe

"Deputy US army chief, Gen. James Cartwright and defense secretary Robert Gates amplified President Barack Obama's statement on the US missile shield in East Europe in Washington Thursday, Sept. 17, by announcing that a new and better anti-missile missile system would be deployed in Israel and the Caucasus.

DEBKAfile discloses exclusively that the site would be a Russian military base in Azerbaijan. Referring to the Israeli component, he said: "It is already working perfectly."

DEBKAfile's military sources disclose he was referring to the advanced American FBX-T radar system deployed last year in Israel's Negev base at Nevatim, which is capable of tracking a missile launched from the Persian Gulf, the Middle East and beyond.

The system, product of Raytheon, is mobile and capable of detecting incoming bodies the size of a baseball from a distance of 4,700 km, determining its speed and angle of flight and transmitting the data to an interceptor at any point on earth...

Gates said Iran's short and medium range program is not advancing as US intelligence originally estimated,

and therefore the US can base its operations for now on mobile defense systems, mainly at sea, and on intercept missiles to be stationed closer to where the source of the threats. "Anyone who says we are abandoning our plans for missile defense in Europe does not understand how we operate,"said the defense secretary..."

FBX-T radar system - Raytheon
http://www.raytheon.com/businesses/s...s04_016530.pdf

I know, I know, your question now is who are the partners/owners of Raytheon.

<looks at the clock>

Let's see how much I can dig up for you, with the time I have. You're probably going to be knocked out for 8 to 10 hours. We're probably going to lose this war since it ends tonight with you having to get back to school. Your idea of examining the exploitation of space is excellent, but we just don't have the time to investigate it.

RFSilver, let me say now to you, if I don't see you later, Good Job!!! We all learned something, did we not?!!!

Last edited by Topaz_Flowers; 09-20-2009 at 12:50 PM..

Old 09-20-2009, 12:18 PM

RFSilver, these were the players on our team under Bush. We don't know if they are still as effective now as they were under the Bush administration. So we should take a look at how much the other side wounded us.

"...More than any administration in history, the Bush team has relied on the expertise of former weapons contractors to outline U.S. defense needs.

Thirty-two major Bush appointees are former executives, consultants, or major shareholders of top weapons contractors. Seventeen administration appointees had ties to major defense contractors Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, or Raytheon prior to joining the Bush team.

These include former Lockheed Chief Operating Officer Peter B. T e e t s [had to type his name this way to override CD's censor], now undersecretary of the Air Force and director of the National Reconnaissance Office; Secretary of the Air Force James Roche, a former Northrop Grumman vice president; and Secretary of the Navy Gordon England, a former General Dynamics vice president..."

Foreign Policy In Focus | Policy Brief | Post-9/11 Economic Windfalls for Arms Manufacturers (http://www.fpif.org/briefs/vol7/v7n10arms.html - broken link)

<sighs at being pressed for time>

<thinking>

We might have to go back to our lobbyist, who promotes missile defense systems... Riki Ellison.

<groans at the time constraints to finish the game, laughing>

RFSilver, I want to assure you you will not be corrupted. We are watching what we present.

Last edited by Topaz_Flowers; 09-20-2009 at 12:59 PM..

Old 09-20-2009, 01:20 PM

Default previously forgotten responsibilities...

Topaz I forgot previous engagements as well... sighs heavily.

Ok, we know our businesses control and determine US Defense Needs (Direction).

:: ponders :: ... we also know that as globalists, we have successfully tied
the dual missions in the average American mind...

... :: glances at clock :: ... I think you are right... we have to bring in
our lobbyist and promoter of defense missile systems, for a talk.

:: smile at RFSilver ::

Hi There! :: eyes smiling :: so we girls shocked and surprised you? :: laughing ::

Well maybe playing war games with other boys had jaded you a bit so I'm
glad we could challenged such concepts!

Since Topaz and I have come back to our senses so to speak and realized
we have prior responsibilities, coupled with you needing sleep... the Game
may be at a draw or a loss but it's not because of lack of effort and will.

We are happy to reinspire your faith in grownups again!

Let's see what today brings. At the moment I must prepare for real life
responsibilities. It has been, in RFSilver's word, "an awesome ride!"

Let's meet again sometime soon!

rare

Old 09-20-2009, 09:40 PM

Default Putin Comes to Town

:: briskly walks into the room .... reports quickly to RFSilver, Topaz and Mr MMC.. :::

apparently the major shareholders of Raytheon company are...

JP Morgan Chase, bad news for us, Citibank and GE , the largest company in the world,
it's focused on finance, aviation, health care and appliances, Barclays's and Short Street....

:: watches RFSilver pace ... clears throat and continues :::

I think we should seriously contact Timothy Carney over at the Washington Examiner...
it was told me he was working on a recent story regarding Putin meeting Morgan Stanley,
General Electric and TPG which we are connected to, indirectly, this past Friday...

::: RFSilver stops and turns with a questioning look on face... waves hand wearily :::

... TPG? ... just one of the worlds largest private equity firms...

::: sits heavily in chair :::

:: hears a slight groan... Topaz has dropped her head in her hands... ::

What is it Topaz? ... ::: RFSilver tenses noticably :::

I spoke to Carlo Gallo the senior Russian analyst at Control Risks in London...

yes?

He said "U.S. companies have arguably lost out to some European companies in
joint ventures, and better diplomacy will likely improve the chances for investors
in the strategic sectors of the Russian economy."

I thought our house Goldman Sachs was closest to the Obama administration...it isn't?

RFSilver replies stiffly... it's probably GE now, so GE will likely be a major benefactor...

:: Topaz says tiredly ::

Tim said, "GE CEO Jeff Immelt sits on Obama's Economic Recovery Advisory Board,
and GE owns MSNBC, the network famously friendly to Obama."

:: briefly tighten lips ... ::

So! first we find out our competitor Morgan has moved close... then we are possibly
being edged out by GE and Putin has somehow managed to meet with them all!

:: abruptly rises ... voice calm ::

Get Timothy on the phone right away... I need to hear this directly from him.

Obama helps strengthen General Electric-Putin ties | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-helps-strengthen-General-Electric-Putin-ties-59644627.html - broken link)

(exciting! unfortunately it must come to an end. Thank you RFSilver for quite an
education. Good Luck at School!! .... gives Topaz a hug... what a team! this was
Fantastic! Thank you for working so hard!)

rare

Old 09-21-2009, 12:13 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFSilver View Post
so why should Obama stick with the more expensive Bush plan when that was about long range missiles?

RFSilver
Being capable of producing a nuclear weapon and being able to produce a long range missle to deliver it, are two completely different things. Long range missles (ICBM's) work by being able to reach space so it can orbit the earth without needing any fuel at that point (just like the shuttle does) and then reach it's target by dropping from orbit and again using little fuel to do it at that point.

Most countries don't have the technology to reach space (and then navigate out of it) successfully but, in time they eventually will. Since the shield was going to take ten years before being in operation, maybe it was more about planning for the future to stop an ICBM (while still thousands of miles away) from being used on the U.S. If you're going to knock a nuclear missle out of the sky, the closer you can do it to where it was launched from the better....allowing more time for additional attempts in the event the initial one(s) fails (or if there are multiple incoming missles that need to be disabled).

Old 09-21-2009, 12:47 AM

Default I really appreciate your words and time taken :)

: thinks about what you are saying and agrees : I really wanted to move toward the space part but we just don't have time to develop that part of exploring in this game.

It does make more sense to go short and medium...

I really appreciate you taking the time and presenting something for me to think about.

It is really exciting to listen to responsible grown ups!

Since my dad isn't picking me up for two hours because he's getting off work late I am reading like crazy so I can add something... Topaz and RareWonder have done such a great job, that I will feel like a bum and a rip off artist not doing my part when I still have time to contribute.

My part to contribute is going to be one which any kid who plays strategy games could see right away. A discrepancy I mean. I'm going to do this because I want to encourage kids like a couple guys who had great ideas around 16-17 years old did and it inspired me. ( the book Ender's Game - an idea that came to the author at 16 years old and An Expensive Education - a guy who wrote his first novel at 17.)

I better stop talking or I'll spill the beans!! Hahahhhaaaahaha when I show it, I bet a kid will probly say Oh I would have seen that too!! OK I better get back to the point.

I feel very inspired by what you wrote.

Again, I really really appreciate your words!

RFSilver

Last edited by RFSilver; 09-21-2009 at 01:09 AM..

Old 09-21-2009, 02:42 AM

Default Time to play hard ball...

: eyes stare at the world map then turn away... goes over to the chessboard on the floor and sits
looking at the pieces... we got to do something quick... thank goodness I'm not moving pieces
against another kid...turns to Topaz:

Topaz... can we get Riki on the telecom? : Topaz nods... I glance casually
around the room and then motion her over saying in a low voice: private I mean?

: eyes move to a couple staff members and she nods gesturing me over to another part of the
room and then opens a door to the side... we both slip in:

: voices low : Topaz... who gave Riki his spin? It's full of holes...

what do you mean RFSilver...

check it out...

: turns on a light and unrolls a map:

We got the new secretary general of NATO, Anders Fogh Rasmussen stating...

"Both NATO and Russia have a wealth of experience in missile defence. We should now work to
combine this experience to our mutual benefit."

(city won't link the speech easily... will post instructs below)

What the heck do you think THAT means? He's not gonna support our long range missile plan. Now..
this is an ally... the top guy man... we have to appear at least united right?

But what are we doing and saying in public? We got Riki Ellison being quoted over in POLAND of all places saying...
better yet lets get him on the telecom in here...

: Topaz clicks the telecom... a groggy voice:

Mr. Ellison? It's RFSilver Sir... we have a problem and you're our point man right?

yesss... what's the problem RFSilver?

Well Sir the problem to be frank is you, or rather your spin...

Pardon?

The Gazeta in Poland & The NYTimes in England are quoting you as saying

"believes that the main reason for this change of strategy is that the 'new administration
pays more attention to Russia's arguments."

Think about this for a moment... they know who you represent over there!

They know you are a lobbyist! It is not like they are the American press where we can keep all references
of you being a lobbyist out of the article!

Thank gawd people don't question why they are not being given full text version of official speeches!

Poland Without Missile Defence

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/19/wo...er=rss&emc=rss

You got the New Secretary ... the Boss of NATO saying Obama's plan in essence is right, the grass roots
people cheering, and we are being quoted with a tone disunited with the Boss as if he wasn't an ally!!

Now either that's going to look like there is a rift in NATO, a rift among American defense contractors or
America is using NATO for her own ends... we must always appear to be united for gawd sakes man!

The Gazeta in Poland has printed that the Barack Obama's administration prefers installing interceptor missiles on ships,
as well as on bases in Israel, Turkey, and perhaps somewhere in the Balkans.

Meanwhile Putin is meeting with others... you feel that freeze yet?

You were to sell the long range missile idea...promote it...buy us time not start a dang war in the press.
What are you guys trying to do?

: telecom quiet... :

Riki... tell you what... go to sleep... we'll talk in the morning...

: click... looks at Topaz... pulls at my hair... screams :

We got to get these people to shut up pleassssee! Anybody want to see who we are they can just
start writing down any and every "official" who whines about this change... ever heard of being discreet?

Obviously Putin is getting a better deal somewhere else... and somebody is gonna ask how can we
all a sudden be cooperating with Russia when they were supposed to be the big bad wolf...

: groans softly :

Too much money is rolling on this...

: looks at the world map... mind flickers to the IMF gold sell off ... whispers :

we got to get everything back on track Topaz...

Morgan is moving in China encouraging them with social safety netting to encourage spending... that should
have been a Goldman move... now this... we got a mine that's gonna take two years to drain...

: tightens lips :

we got to get back on track... : looks up:

If we've lost that sell we've lost it... Get me a meeting with Riki tomorrow morning...

we can always scare up business in the mid-west... maybe they'll buy it...

salesmen!! darn!!!

: rolling up map ... eyes grow cold :

Time to play hard ball...

-=-=-=-=-

( Well at least we didn't end dead in the water right? hahahaha! MMC,
Topaz, Rare, Danno, Teach and any others I can't name because I'm
being hurried off the computer... Thank you for educating me! )

To see full text of the NATO Sec. Gen ... go to NYTimes first below...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/19/wo...er=rss&emc=rss

then inside the article click on the link that says.... in his first major foreign policy speech

next check out the orange box to the right... there's a link that says ... text of the speech

-=-=-=-=-

The New World Order Globalist game has run outta time. Back to school
I go. Hey MMC... that lobbyist is wayyy powerful! Think how many
"lobbyists" are quoted in the media as an official source ... sneakkky!

Cya,

RFSilver

Last edited by RFSilver; 09-21-2009 at 03:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies