Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 11:10 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,021 times

Advertisements

Obama is not lying about giving Health Care to Illegals. He wants to legalize Illegals so it's NOT a lie.

Obama: Legalize Illegals to Get Them Health Care
Watch this brief video
Breitbart.tv » Obama: Legalize Illegals to Get Them Health Care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 11:20 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,886 times
Great way to manufacture some new voters too!

Old 09-18-2009, 11:22 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Yeah, several places had documented his stand on this. He wants to provide legal aliens govt health care. So in the future all it will take is a visa and you can come, get on our program as an indigent and get whatever necessary treatments they cannot in their country.

Let us pick up the tab.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Great way to manufacture some new voters too!
Which party would they vote for?

Old 09-18-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Which party would they vote for?
My guess would be the party that forgave their crimes and gave them legal status and health care, but, that's just a guess.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
My guess would be the party that forgave their crimes and gave them legal status and health care, but, that's just a guess.
The Democrats should get the word out about this, so they can get all the support from the illegals.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:46 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Obama is not lying about giving Health Care to Illegals. He wants to legalize Illegals so it's NOT a lie.

Obama: Legalize Illegals to Get Them Health Care
Watch this brief video
Breitbart.tv » Obama: Legalize Illegals to Get Them Health Care
I have been saying it for a long time... he thinks he can use semantics to deceive people... He is intentionally being vague about it... I hate people who try to deceive the public with semantics... What kind of response would he get if he said "I will not give public health insurance to illegals because they will become legal after I give them Amnesty."... what do you think America would of said then? I posted this on FactCheck.org because it IS a lie that he says he isn't providing illegals with public health care... he is, he is just going to change their status... soon enough there will be no such thing as "illegals"... he is feeding American a bunch of crap but Americans are a bit too stupid to realize it... the media has not even touch this issue... and its no surprise...

Old 09-18-2009, 11:57 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yeah, several places had documented his stand on this. He wants to provide legal aliens govt health care. So in the future all it will take is a visa and you can come, get on our program as an indigent and get whatever necessary treatments they cannot in their country.

Let us pick up the tab.
I want to make sure I understand you. To "provide" in that sentence means "to make available", correct? And "govt health care"? Would that be Medicare/Medicaid? If not, what do you mean by "govt health care"?

I think a better way of phrasing that sentence is "He wants to continue to allow people legally here in the United States to purchase health care."

I say "continue" because non-citizens who are here legally (according to current immigration law) can and do purchase health insurance policies.

And that's good - the more people we have who purchase such policies and pay the premiums, the less we are all on the hook for expenses incurred in emergency rooms by the uninsured.

Frankly, it would be best if everyone in the country - legal or not - was required to purchase health insurance. Imagine the impact on our premiums if everyone who showed up at ERs across the country had health insurance.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:01 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,716,798 times
Quote:
He wants to legalize Illegals so it's NOT a lie.
Didn't G.W.Bush also support amnesty?

Old 09-18-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post
Didn't G.W.Bush also support amnesty?
You mean GW Bush, "the worst President ever?" Why 0bama would want to follow in his footsteps is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies