Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 06:09 AM

103 posts, read 147,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
The blacks I know can't stand those punks!
you know what black people think? links have been provided.TAKE A LOOK maybe then you can have something better to offer than childish punk comments! LINKS ON PAGE #6 POST #53
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 06:14 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,914,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
No because it never occurred to them that black people are capable of having individual thoughts - they think we're just one big collective mass feeding off the thoughts of Sharpton and Jackson....oops I better get offline and go back to being oppressed.
The problem is because if you have not had black friends you don't have the opportunity to ask honest questions without the fear of being attacked. I work everyday with a black conservative. We discuss racism, why his kids will have to be better than the others just because they are black, how difficult it is for people to look past color. It is a great experience and an eye opener for both of us. We speak openly and candidly. He is not my first close black friend but my closest since my HS days. I enjoy his honesty immensely. While he is not a Obama supporter he is both happy to see a black president and sad to see where our country is heading and the division that is getting worse. We joke that it is a shame that everyone can't work side by side like we do. We compare ourselves to Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman in the bucket list with the exception that I don't have any money.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
The problem is because if you have not had black friends you don't have the opportunity to ask honest questions without the fear of being attacked. I work everyday with a black conservative. We discuss racism, why his kids will have to be better than the others just because they are black, how difficult it is for people to look past color. It is a great experience and an eye opener for both of us. We speak openly and candidly. He is not my first close black friend but my closest since my HS days. I enjoy his honesty immensely. While he is not a Obama supporter he is both happy to see a black president and sad to see where our country is heading and the division that is getting worse. We joke that it is a shame that everyone can't work side by side like we do. We compare ourselves to Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman in the bucket list with the exception that I don't have any money.
that great about you and friend. but off subject. you sound like you have white guilt or something?

Old 09-20-2009, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudandwhite View Post
that great about you and friend. but off subject. you sound like you have white guilt or something?
Absolutely not. I never did anything to the harm black race, do not believe in colective guilt, and I also don't believe in paying for the sins of the father.

It is not off subject because knowing what a black person goes through in day to day life and their struggles makes a white person more understanding, empathetic. It also helps understand, explain, but not condone incidents of black racisim. Racism is wrong no matter what the skin color of the victim is.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
you know what black people think? links have been provided.TAKE A LOOK maybe then you can have something better to offer than childish punk comments! LINKS ON PAGE #6 POST #53
I said the blacks I know think they are punks. Please learn to read. Your are giving white people a bad rep.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Your are giving white people a bad rep.
how is that ?

Old 09-20-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
how is that ?
If you can't see how there is no sense in trying to help you.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
If you can't see how there is no sense in trying to help you.
I don't need your help with anything.but give it try since you seem to it know it all

Old 09-20-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
I don't need your help with anything.but give it try since you seem to it know it all
You just proved my point. If you are truly proud and white try acting with a little class. Racism does exist and it goes both ways. Try seeing both sides of the coin instead of resorting to denial when it suits you well.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
You just proved my point. If you are truly proud and white try acting with a little class. Racism does exist and it goes both ways. Try seeing both sides of the coin instead of resorting to denial when it suits you well.
are you calling me racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies