Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:43 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times

Advertisements

Hey Sanchez...how about covering Van Jones!!! OOOps...that's over with....FOX beat you.

How about covering the ACORN scandal...oh....FOX got that one too........

How about this farm land in California the libs let dry up over some stupid endangered smelt fish.....darn! FOX got that before you too!!

YouTube - Valley That Hope Forgot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 07:44 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Ah, the "it's not true because nobody watches him" defense.

Interesting...

Old 09-18-2009, 07:46 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
You and what other two people actually watched CNN??
It doesn't matter how many people watch CNN. Fox News lied. Even if everyone in the world watched Fox News and no one watched CNN, it doesn't change the fact that Fox News got caught in yet another lie.

Unfortunately it won't matter to those who are perpetually duped by Ailes & his crew of puppet masters.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:55 PM

I'm not saying FOX didn't lie. You misunderstand me.

What I'm saying is that it's the last thing Rick Sanchez needs to be worried about! We got ACORN corruption floating around the White House. We have a communist and other radicals advising the Prez!

And CNN is doing no investigation into the Obama administration......they don't even care! California farm land is dried up by our govmnt.....and where is CNN??

So screw Sanchez.....until he and CNN, ABC , CBS and NBC want to be journalists again, I could care less.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:58 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Amazing analysis. You got it wrong, of course. Fox had to lie about ABC,CBS, NBC, MSNBC and CNN in an ad because the truth didn't work for them. It was the audacity of the lie that is the news, regardless of whom told it. In this case, not surprisingly, it was Fox News.
My analysis is that CNN and company have such crappy ratings, that the have to cover the big boys on the block for them to appear relevant.

It was simply laziness on the part of Fox News, if they did not check their facts before assuming the other channels were not covering the 9/12 rally.

However, from the small amount of video clips I saw from CNN, it looked like they ran short 15 second news clips of the event. I remember back to the Cindy Sheehan protests against Bush, when CNN was 24/7 Sheehan, so by comparison, CNN all but ignored the 9/12 rally. I would not be surprised if CNN spent more time covering the Kanye West story at the MVA then they did on the 9/12 rally on the 12th.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:01 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:

What I'm saying is that it's the last thing Rick Sanchez needs to be worried about! We got ACORN corruption floating around the White House. We have a communist and other radicals advising the Prez!

And CNN is doing no investigation into the Obama administration......they don't even care! California farm land is dried up by our govmnt.....and where is CNN??

So screw Sanchez.....until he and CNN, ABC , CBS amd NBC want to be journalists again, I could care less.
CNN had to cover Fox, because the top stories last weekend about the 9/12 rally, ACORN corruption and the firing of Van Jones, all which reflect poorly on 0bama, so its no wonder they spend time talking about Fox News.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
How'd you'd get that? No one said you said Fox didn't lie, we just wondered why you ignored that part of the story?

Quote:
Here's the problem: A "news" network that is willing to lie like that in an ad about other networks is the problem. If they lie that easily about something millions and millions of people know is untrue because they watched the coverage Fox claims didn't exist, how can you trust them not to lie about something that isn't so easily verified? This is about a news network that paid lots of money to run an ad that is a lie. That speaks to their truthfulness and reliability and you just ignore it.

I swear, you people like to duped. You seem to take pride in being misinformed.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
CNN had to cover Fox, because the top stories last weekend about the 9/12 rally, ACORN corruption and the firing of Van Jones, all which reflect poorly on 0bama, so its no wonder they spend time talking about Fox News.

Exactly!! All of those were huge stories!!! No coverage until they absolutely had to...........BECAUSE FOX BEAT THAT DRUM !!!

Old 09-18-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
How'd you'd get that? No one said you said Fox didn't lie, we just wondered why you ignored that part of the story?

Here's the problem: A "news" network that is willing to lie like that in an ad about other networks is the problem. If they lie that easily about something millions and millions of people know is untrue because they watched the coverage Fox claims didn't exist, how can you trust them not to lie about something that isn't so easily verified? This is about a news network that paid lots of money to run an ad that is a lie. That speaks to their truthfulness and reliability and you just ignore it.

I swear, you people like to duped. You seem to take pride in being misinformed.

BUT YOU CAN'T NAME ONE THING ON THE VAN jONES STORY THAT WASN'T TRUE.

You strain at a gnat to swallow a camel.

All of these huge stories.....the radical Czars.....ACORN prostitution scandals.....California farmland dried up......and all you have is FOX hurting CNN's feelings.

No...I don't ignore it. But it's really not a story of note. It's about a competitor. And at least they get it right more than they get it wrong.

Now Rick.....get on the White House and look into these Czars!!

Don't YOU want to know why ACORN is getting federal money and the Prez is cool with them???

Old 09-18-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
My analysis is that CNN and company have such crappy ratings, that the have to cover the big boys on the block for them to appear relevant.
You'd be wrong. How can you not understand that some people are really outraged by the audacity of the lies told by Fox.
Quote:
It was simply laziness on the part of Fox News, if they did not check their facts before assuming the other channels were not covering the 9/12 rally.
Are you serious???? All the networks are constantly monitoring what the other networks are showing. They watch each other all the time.

Quote:
However, from the small amount of video clips I saw from CNN, it looked like they ran short 15 second news clips of the event. I remember back to the Cindy Sheehan protests against Bush, when CNN was 24/7 Sheehan, so by comparison, CNN all but ignored the 9/12 rally. I would not be surprised if CNN spent more time covering the Kanye West story at the MVA then they did on the 9/12 rally on the 12th.
You have to be kidding. Do you expect that Sanchez would show all of CNN's coverage of the event in his less-than seven minute clip? Do you not get that there was a lot of coverage all through the event and the next day on all the Sunday morning shows? Did you not hear him say they had four reporters and two remote units there? I assure you CNN, like MSNBC, had a lot of live coverage and a lot of in studio discussion starting before the event and last throughout the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies