Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 07:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
First of all, it's two paragraphs from what is probably a pages long document, then there's this:

provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

Keep digging up these links. They're entertaining and educational at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 07:30 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
Quote:
Groar, face it, you and I will never agree on this issue.
true, but if you keep making false statements i am going to keep correcting them. i'm not expecting to change your mind - i know it would not convince you if someone took you in a time machine to watch the birth. you've made that clear enough. but i will not just sit here and watch you repeating misinformed lies, no matter what your opinion is. if your statements go unchallenged, someone might believe them. if you don't want to argue with me (and others) about this, then don't start making assertions. you'll always eventually get to the point where the facts are too much for you to dispute and you'll have to say "we're just not going to agree on this" again, or insult someone.

Last edited by groar; 09-19-2009 at 07:39 PM..

Old 09-19-2009, 07:47 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
true, but if you keep making false statements i am going to keep correcting them. i'm not expecting to change your mind - i know it would not convince you if someone took you in a time machine to watch the birth. you've made that clear enough. but i will not just sit here and watch you repeating misinformed lies, no matter what your opinion is. if your statements go unchallenged, someone might believe them. if you don't want to argue with me (and others) about this, then don't start making assertions. you'll always eventually get to the point where the facts are too much for you to dispute and you'll have to say "we're just not going to agree on this" again, or insult someone.
For the last time, I am expressing my opinions. One cannot correct the opinions of another. I will continue to express my opinions for as long as I choose to regardless of your rules and/or expectations.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:50 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
For the last time, I am expressing my opinions. One cannot correct the opinions of another. I will continue to express my opinions for as long as I choose to regardless of your rules and/or expectations.
So in other words, you can lie and believe things that aren't true as much as you want?

Old 09-19-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
So in other words, you can lie and believe things that aren't true as much as you want?
I am not lying when I express my opinion.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
it is your opinion that obama was born in kenya, sure.

what a certification of live birth is and whether it is proof of place of birth is not your opinion. it is a fact.

what obama's step-grandmother said is not your opinion.

what place of birth is listed on a hawaiian birth certificate for a foreign born person is not your opinion either.

i mean, i guess you could be of the *opinion* that 2+2=5. but your opinion would be wrong.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:

what a certification of live birth is and whether it is proof of place of birth is not your opinion. it is a fact.

what place of birth is listed on a hawaiian birth certificate for a foreign born person is not your opinion either.

i mean, i guess you could be of the *opinion* that 2+2=5. but your opinion would be wrong.
You are extremely confused.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:56 PM

and by the way, not even the birthers are repeating your claim that sarah obama said she held barack in her arms after he was born. again, where did you hear that? you seem so convinced of its veracity, it must have been from a reliable source, right? i can't find a single website making that claim.

Google

oh and i never said you couldn't express your "opinions". i just said i would continue to correct anything you said that wasn't true.

and you seem to be confused about what an opinion is, when you say "obama's grandmother said x", people say "no she didn't" and you say "i'm just expressing my opinions".

Old 09-19-2009, 07:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:

I wish I could rep you again, groar. Some people need to learn to separate fact from opinion.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
and by the way, not even the birthers are repeating your claim that sarah obama said she held barack in her arms after he was born. again, where did you hear that? you seem so convinced of its veracity, it must have been from a reliable source, right? i can't find a single website making that claim.

Google

oh and i never said you couldn't express your "opinions". i just said i would continue to correct anything you said that wasn't true.

and you seem to be confused about what an opinion is, when you say "obama's grandmother said x", people say "no she didn't" and you say "i'm just expressing my opinions".
My opinion is that this is likely true.

The Commentary - Obama’s Grandmother Says He Was Born In Kenya
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies