Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 09:23 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagey cretin View Post
My mom was an ER nurse for 35 years. I worked in the same hospital as her for several years and have had to use the safety nets you say arent there.

Theres really no need for UHC.
There's plenty of research that shows that the uninsured are less likely to seek and get needed care. Google is your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 09:25 AM

272 posts, read 215,726 times
Why do I need research when I have your first hand accounts

If people are to stoopid to seek care when they are sick its not my problem. Maybe we need to educate the stupid on the help that is currently available.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:29 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagey cretin View Post
Why do I need research when I have your first hand accounts

If people are to stoopid to seek care when they are sick its not my problem. Maybe we need to educate the stupid on the help that is currently available.
You are way off-topic, we're not talking about people seeking care when they don't need it, just the opposite.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:30 AM

I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You are way off-topic, we're not talking about people seeking care when they don't need it, just the opposite.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:32 AM

People who need care should seek it out. Everyone will be treated some will pay with insurance and some will fall through the cracks and be caught by social safety nets that already exist.

If they can fill out a form or two

Old 09-19-2009, 09:56 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
That's not the point. They are using the story with their daughter to push the need for government-run health care. If they want to use her like that, the least they could do is get the story straight.

I doubt it would enter their minds. If you have a sick child, in the middle of the night, you go to the hospital.
Oh heaven forbid the president and his wife use personal experience to make a point!!!! Oh no!!!!! Oh and that would mean that you were hacked because Wonderboy used his DAD's assasination "attempt" by Sadaam Hussein to invade Iraq?? Did you say the same thing then? Our government took over Iraq didn't it?

Please people, just say you hate Obama, his family and everything that he represents and be done with it! Stop twiddling around nit picking.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:40 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Oh heaven forbid the president and his wife use personal experience to make a point!!!!
If only they could get their story straight instead of trying to justify obamacare by this example, which fails miserably.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:45 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
If only they could get their story straight instead of trying to justify obamacare by this example, which fails miserably.
splitting hairs ... someone thought Sasha may have meningitis ... at least they're not talking about doctors practicing their love with all the women ... please!

Old 09-19-2009, 11:51 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
My sister and I frequently find differences in our retelling of family stories, even though we both lived them and both experienced them simultaneously.

Recollection is a funny thing.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:58 AM

615 posts, read 1,692,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
the word, diagnosed was misplaced and so freaking what? Like the Obamas, we too have healthcare insurance so we DIDN'T HAVE TO THINK TWICE about taking our son to the ER to have him checked out. People without health insurance, yes, they can go to the ER, but they also may second guess themselves and NOT go. If everyone had access to health insurance, this wouldn't have to enter into the minds of freaked out parents when their babies are hurting.
How is the story inaccurate? I don't get it, because the doctor said she might have it but Michelle used the word diagnosed? My god, people do it all the time. How many people say they have the flu, when they don't.

Anyway, regarding what you wrote above. People second guess whether or not to go to the doctor or emergency room WITH insurance, much less without it. I was just talking about it with a friend of mine. Obviously, when it is really obvious or clear it is serious, noone thinks twice about going to the doctor or emergency rooms. It is the borderline things that people think twice about. My friend was talking about how her child a few years ago fell down a couple of stairs and how torn she was about whether or not to take her to the ER or doctor. She ended up taking her, they had an MRI done, fortunately she was fine, but there she was with insurance and now had about $1000 to pay out of pocket. It very easily could have gone the other way, she could have decided to wait and it could have been more serious than what she thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies