Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 04:47 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,202,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruready1st View Post
Why does someone get to go out on a field trip if they murdered someone?
Criminally insane should be kept locked up in the institution.

Then, if you tried to escape once before, I'm thinking you should loose ALL access to any "trip".

Dumb.
They said that he had a backpack with him, so they think he may have planned it in advance.

Peggy Anne- your post about it being a plot for a horror movie- the more I think about it, the more I don't think it would fly. Can you imagine watching the opening shots- all of them loading on to a bus for a field trip to the county fair. It would be too unbelievable to be taken seriously...

They also take pedophiles on the field trips. “The workers have unsuccessfully fought to stop the outings for murderers, rapists and pedophiles committed to the hospital as criminally insane.” Insane Murderer Escaped During Trip to County Fair - PoliceLink

On second thought, maybe it could be a movie if directed by John Waters circa 1970.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 02:34 PM

1,932 posts, read 1,824,313 times
If this wasn't the dumbest thing ever. Now they have no idea what he is up to. He committed a horrible crime.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Horror movie plot. Good ending, or bad ?
And I just watched Silence of the Lambs for the first time.

There can be no good reason whatsover to let the criminally insane out for any kind of field trip, or any violent criminal.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:35 PM

974 posts, read 1,586,621 times
I agree, these people all need to be fired. Why would you allow the criminally insane access to the public? How would 1 person stop 3 crazy murderers/pedophiles/etc... from harming the public. I hope he is caught before anyone is hurt.

Also did someone truly wish this guy on the president and his family? If so, you should be banned immediately. I do not agree with Obama's policies, but to wish death to him and his family is sickening.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:03 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
WTH????? We take convicted murderers to the fair now? And the ratio was 3 crazy people to one staffer and it took two hours for the staffer to figure out-"OMG, I only see two crazy people here..... one might be missing."

The paper says 57-year-old Phillip Arnold Paul walked away from a group of 31 Eastern State Hospital patients on a trip to the fair along with 11 hospital employees. Authorities were not notified for two hours that he had gone missing, the paper says.

Mentally ill killer escapes on hospital field trip to the county fair - On Deadline - USATODAY.com
It took 3 judges to agree...IMO they all are mentally ill!

Aren't all murderers, mentally ill...normal people don't commit murder! So according to these judges all should go on a field trip...

Old 09-20-2009, 06:30 PM

23 posts, read 25,044 times
They're not violent at all, if their on the right medication. They're no different from anyone else.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:33 PM

23 posts, read 25,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It took 3 judges to agree...IMO they all are mentally ill!

Aren't all murderers, mentally ill...normal people don't commit murder! So according to these judges all should go on a field trip...
You are wrong my friend. Read the papers. Many people have killed people, in the heat of an argument, and they are NOT mentally-ill. The latest one is Ray clark. He is not mentally-ill.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:33 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,107,710 times
I know I'm going to think twice about taking my grandkids to the fair in the future.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:25 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,571,500 times
Update, Insane killer caught after 3 days on loose in Wash.

SEATTLE – An insane killer who slipped away from the staff of a mental institution on a field trip Thursday to the Spokane County Interstate Fair was recaptured Sunday without injury more than 180 miles away in south-central Washington state.

With a helicopter overhead and dozens of federal, state and local law enforcement officers swarming around Goldendale, Phillip Arnold Paul, 47, seemed ready to surrender when he walked out to the Goldendale-Bickleton road about 22 miles east of town shortly after 4 p.m., just as search personnel arrived at the scene, Klickitat County Sheriff Rick McComas told The Associated Press.

Insane killer caught after 3 days on loose in Wash - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_mental_institution_escape - broken link)

Old 09-21-2009, 06:57 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,286,784 times
Meh, everyone working at the fair is an ex-con. What difference is one more going to make?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies