Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you been falsely called a racist for opposing Obama?
Yes, and it bothers me. 18 17.31%
No 35 33.65%
Yes, but I don't care. 48 46.15%
I'm not sure 3 2.88%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 03:09 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Jimmy Carter is a good example.
Carter doesnt have a problem talking about Obama's policies. He gave his opinion that many who oppose Obama generally do so for racist reasons. Bill Cosby agreed.

This is their opinion of other people's motivations. OTHER PEOPLE's. Their own racism or lack thereof wasnt the topic.

This cant really be so hard to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 04:31 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Let me explain.

The position you take is so contrary to logic, so irrational that many people cannot fathom any reason that a supposedly intelligent person would cling to that position unless there was some hidden reason. The people think the most logical hidden reason -- the only reason short of the person being out of touch with reality, i.e., psychotic -- is that they hate seeing a black man in the White House. In fact, most people can't come up with any other explanation for such an illogical position beyond being a true nut case, being incredibly stupid, being highly gullible or being a racist. Please, if you have any other reason why you insist on ignoring facts and cling to your unsupported opinion which has no basis in reality, please enlighten us. Until you do that, don't be surprised if people call you nuts, easily duped, stupid or racist.
Do you really think if Obama was white that conservative people would sit around a campfire and hold hands and sing? It is what Obama is attempting to do that has so many up in arms. Sure there are people that don't like him because he is black but they are a very few and ingrates anyways. When people can't defend their positions, policies, they resort to the race card as they have. It is easier to play the race card than to defend the policies of the left. Polls are showing that people are seeing the truth, hopefully it is not too late.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
When people can't defend their positions, policies, they resort to the race card as they have.
Nobody does that! Are you talking about Jimmy Carter? He wasnt avoiding talking about Obama's policies, he was noting a fact parenthetically. “I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man.” That is a fact, even though Obama politely and rightly downplays it.

Speaking of playing the race card, check out St. Ronnie's blatant suck-up to the US's most hardcore nest of racists:

CQ Politics: Obama, racism and Jimmy Carter - CQ Politics- msnbc.com

Old 09-20-2009, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Nobody does that! Are you talking about Jimmy Carter? He wasnt avoiding talking about Obama's policies, he was noting a fact parenthetically. “I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man.” That is a fact, even though Obama politely and rightly downplays it.

Speaking of playing the race card, check out St. Ronnie's blatant suck-up to the US's most hardcore nest of racists:

Who was referring to Jimmy? I am referring to left wing politicians, the left media and the CD posters. When people that disagree with a President's policies are labeled racist they are indeed playing the race card. I will ask this once more. Do you think that if Obama was white that there would be NO objections to his proposals he is making? You know the answer which completely destroys the race card that has been played. What Obama is doing is against what conservatives believe fundamentally. It has nothing to do with race. I have said before there are people that don't like Obama because he is black just like some would not like a president if he were Jewish, Mormon, etc.. They are morons and should not be allowed to vote anyways. However these people are minuscule and irrelevant to the discussion anyways.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:08 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Quote:

Good read. Republicans shout "racism." Democrats retreat. Unfortunately, still true. That's why I do not want to retreat on the issue. There is, indeed, a component of racism in what's going on today toward this President.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Who was referring to Jimmy? I am referring to left wing politicians, the left media and the CD posters. When people that disagree with a President's policies are labeled racist they are indeed playing the race card. I will ask this once more. Do you think that if Obama was white that there would be NO objections to his proposals he is making? You know the answer which completely destroys the race card that has been played. What Obama is doing is against what conservatives believe fundamentally. It has nothing to do with race. I have said before there are people that don't like Obama because he is black just like some would not like a president if he were Jewish, Mormon, etc.. They are morons and should not be allowed to vote anyways. However these people are minuscule and irrelevant to the discussion anyways.
People on CD/nonprofessionals - ignore them. Give me a link to some politician or profl in the media who, when asked about or while discussing some Obama policy, avoided addressing it by calling the questioner a racist.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
People on CD/nonprofessionals - ignore them. Give me a link to some politician or profl in the media who, when asked about or while discussing some Obama policy, avoided addressing it by calling the questioner a racist.
Don't be stupid, you are not naive. I am not here to argue something that has been all over the media. You are either trolling of just so bored that you need someone to entertain you. Sorry anyone with half a brain and cable TV would not make a stupid claim. It has been questioned over and over again whether the motivation of those that oppose Obama's various plans is race driven. Do your own investigating, or just try to be more observant. I am not going to play games with you.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Of course you are not suggesting that there are no racists who disagree with Obama's policies, are you? You're not suggesting that the white nationalists who post on white supremacist message boards support Obama's policies, are you?

But you are saying that racists should not be allowed to vote, aren't you? And you're equating a religion with a white nationalist racist, or just a run-of-the-mill racist?

How about GWB, did his policies go against what conservatives fundamentally believe?

I would suggest that it has proven to be a good strategy by Republicans to call the "left" racists, because, as is so obvious, the "left" retreats.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Good read. Republicans shout "racism." Democrats retreat. Unfortunately, still true. That's why I do not want to retreat on the issue. There is, indeed, a component of racism in what's going on today toward this President.
The RW media are now telling them they´re not racist, the other team is, and it flatters them to pretend so. It´s a smart move.

I read someplace that the RNC is standing back, no official denunciation of all this Glenn Beck-Sarah Palin-type imbecility, even though they´re embarrassed by it and laugh at it, because they want the votes in 2010. Not turning the rock back over, letting the bugs come swarming out. They did the same thing in the early 2000s with the Religious Right. Then when they werent useful anymore they cut them adrift.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Don't be stupid, you are not naive. I am not here to argue something that has been all over the media. You are either trolling of just so bored that you need someone to entertain you. Sorry anyone with half a brain and cable TV would not make a stupid claim. It has been questioned over and over again whether the motivation of those that oppose Obama's various plans is race driven. Do your own investigating, or just try to be more observant. I am not going to play games with you.
It seems that you are arguing here, so why don't you just practice what you preach and argue the issue by providing links to prove your assertions? I'd also be very interested in seeing the basis for your beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies