Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 07:12 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,826 times

Advertisements

I am floored that in one article they flip back and forth between getting the regular flu shot helping with H1N1 to it possibly making you MORE susceptible to H1N1. Why would anyone get this shot with so many mixed studies.

Ordinary Flu Shot May Protect Against H1N1 - Infectious Disease - FOXNews.com

Quote:
They found that people who had been vaccinated against seasonal flu were far less likely to be sick or to die from H1N1 than people who had not been immunized against seasonal flu. But they said the findings might offer some good news for people who have been vaccinated against seasonal flu, especially as governments are just beginning to distribute newly made swine flu vaccines.
Then later in the article:

Quote:
Most studies have shown the annual vaccine provides little or no protection against H1N1, likely because it is very different.
One study in Canada suggested that in fact people who got seasonal flu vaccines may be more likely to become infected with H1N1, although the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention both expressed doubts about the findings.
And it goes on again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 07:18 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,517,925 times
I get the annual flu shot every year but I also work at a hospital.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:21 PM

294 posts, read 412,455 times
It's all about the $$$$$$$ So you better get your shots both of them

Old 10-08-2009, 07:49 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,525,214 times
I am 61, and have never gotten a flu shot. My mother never missed one, and ALWAYS got the flu. This has not been tested long enough. I am completely against it.

I am very concerned about my granddaughters now that they are in school. It was grandparents day today, and lots of coughing and runny noses. The staff is trying with wipes and antibacterial liquid.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
I am 61, and have never gotten a flu shot. My mother never missed one, and ALWAYS got the flu. This has not been tested long enough. I am completely against it.

I am very concerned about my granddaughters now that they are in school. It was grandparents day today, and lots of coughing and runny noses. The staff is trying with wipes and antibacterial liquid.

I have never gotten the flu shot either and never had the flu or if I did I thought it was just a bad cold. I have two sons and there is no way I am giving them a shot that has only been around for less then 6 months. I really think this whole rush to get this thing is just a way to make money.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 PM

139 posts, read 260,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I have never gotten the flu shot either and never had the flu or if I did I thought it was just a bad cold. I have two sons and there is no way I am giving them a shot that has only been around for less then 6 months. I really think this whole rush to get this thing is just a way to make money.
Even Dr. Oz won't give it to his children:

YouTube - Dr Oz's Children Will NOT be Receiving H1N1 Vaccine!

Old 10-08-2009, 08:17 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,467,877 times
More caving to fear. Get the shots. Protect yourself. Protect those you'll pass the virus on to if you don't...

Old 10-08-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
More caving to fear. Get the shots. Protect yourself. Protect those you'll pass the virus on to if you don't...

There is no chance I am putting something that has ZERO years of studies behind it into my child. Not a FREAKIN chance!

Old 10-08-2009, 08:23 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,517,925 times
At our hospital, this year is the first year we would have to sign a waiver saying we don't want the flu shots. I'm getting the flu shots because of the amount of patient contact I must endure. While in the military, flu shots were mandatory.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:37 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Well, you obviously haven't had the flu then. It's not "a bad cold".

Quote:
There is no chance I am putting something that has ZERO years of studies behind it into my child. Not a FREAKIN chance!
What You Need To Know About Swine Flu Vaccine : NPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg242 View Post
Even Dr. Oz won't give it to his children:
Dr. Oz needs to have his chain yanked. He will probably be responsible for the death of some children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies