Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 07:51 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Another bit from the NY Times opinion, but still points out some obvious flaws in the story.

Why the Israeli Organ-Harvesting Story Is Probably False - Freakonomics Blog - NYTimes.com

Al Roth, the Harvard economist whose work on matched-pair organ donations has started to transform the organ-transplantation scenario, told me he found the accusation unbelievable because of the logistics of organ harvesting itself. “Organs don’t last very long and have to be matched rather particularly,” he said, “so it would be hard to take them on spec for an international market. So I think black market organs must mostly be from live donors. Live donors can take blood tests well in advance and travel to where the patient is. Deceased organs have to be put on ice, and the clock starts ticking immediately and fast.
Yes, its true, it would need to be HLA matched organs otherwise the transplant will fail... however it doesn't take "that" long to do as I have been in a HLA lab before... and its true that organs don't last that long and that's why it is moved in cold containers... I am not sure how long it will last because we usually try to transplant it within a few hours but definitely wouldn't survive for even close to a day... I am skeptical but anything is possible when you put money in front of everyone... some people are desperate enough to try...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 08:07 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times
This sounds like typical Arab propaganda, which few seem to decry.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:10 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Maybe they could get Orly Taitz a Brain

Old 09-20-2009, 08:56 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
This story is highly unlikely.
Highly unlikely? The first time that I saw the headlines to the article I felt the same way. I mean it would simply be inhuman and such an atrocity could not happen in this day and age. I hope to God it is not true, but it should be investigated. We know this has happened before.

The fact is that the FBI just arrested Rabbi Rosenbaum, an Israeli citizen, in New Jersey for running a blackmarket human organ criminal ring. WHere were these organs coming from? The Israeli officials do not deny that these people were operated on, but instead say that an autopsy was performed...on a person killed by IDF agents...why, and why would they not do an autopsy on all persons killed?

Another fact. Sweden is not condemning the article from the countries largest paper. We know organs are being sold on the international black market. An international investigation needs to take place. If there is nothing to hide, then Israel should not object to the investigation.

The Daily Star - Politics - Articles which threaten Israeli security

Old 09-20-2009, 09:02 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I have seen autopsies and they usually do a "Y" type of incision... this type of incision is more classical for an organ harvesting incision... I am not saying that that is what happened but that is how it is done over the in US... over in Israel, who knows, maybe they do it differently... I do have a problem with that Israel claiming that they were doing an autopsy... Where are the paperwork that goes with an autopsy to the family? I have never heard of an autopsy without paperwork (organ weights, etc) and most of all, where is the "consent form" (unless it was a forensic autopsy)... Why would Israel be doing autopsies on Palestinians that they kill? We certainly don't do autopsies on dead enemy soldiers... story seems strange... its not adding up... I think it needs to be investigated..

Old 09-20-2009, 09:09 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Why not make crap up to blame everyone else of their own social problems instead of actually deal with it.

As long as it blames some one they hate people seem to unquestioningly believe it.

Sounds an awful lot like many birthers honestly.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:16 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
There may very well be illegal organ harvesting in Israel. But it probably has nothing to do with the Israeli government. This is likely just another version of the medieval claim that Jews kill and eat Christian children. Just more anti-semitism from the Arab world.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:41 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
There may very well be illegal organ harvesting in Israel. But it probably has nothing to do with the Israeli government. This is likely just another version of the medieval claim that Jews kill and eat Christian children. Just more anti-semitism from the Arab world.
The allegations are that these people were shot or detained by the Israeli military and then had the organs removed. Certainly members of the military could have had a side business, but would that be another reason to have an investigation. I am not saying any of this is true. What I am saying is that it should be investigated. Not too hard to do. Exhume the bodies of the people and do a real autopsy. If the organs are there, then it is not true. What is there to hide. Exhume the bodies.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:43 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Those damn Jews....at it again with their evil plots. Why can't they be civilized and just send kids to blow up people in restaurants and on buses, or fly airliners into buildings, like normal people?

Old 09-20-2009, 09:51 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Does not sound kosher to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies