Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 02:30 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,523 times

Advertisements

One of the lessons of 9/11 is that our government agencies failed to connect the dots. It may be time to lay Obama's dots on the table and start connecting them and linking them to his lies to cover the dots he doesn't like.

Quote:
Despite having authored two autobiographies, Barack Obama has never written about his most important executive experience. From 1995 to 1999, he led an education foundation called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), and remained on the board until 2001. The group poured more than $100 million into the hands of community organizers and radical education activists.

<edit>

The CAC was the brainchild of Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground in the 1960s.

<edit>

CAC translated Mr. Ayers's radicalism into practice. Instead of funding schools directly, it required schools to affiliate with "external partners," which actually got the money. Proposals from groups focused on math/science achievement were turned down. Instead CAC disbursed money through various far-left community organizers, such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (or Acorn).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 02:42 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,523 times
Revolution you can believe in
Quote:
Obama’s connection with Alinsky, whom he never met but whom he reportedly idolised, was through two bodies promoting the Alinsky model of community organisation, ACORN and the Gamaliel Foundation. John Perazzo again:

Obama was trained by the Alinsky-founded Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) in Chicago and worked for an affiliate of the Gamaliel Foundation, whose modus operandi for the creation of ‘a more just and democratic society’ is rooted firmly in the Alinsky method. As The Nation magazine puts it, ‘Obama worked in the organizing tradition of Saul Alinsky, who made Chicago the birthplace of modern community organizing...’ In fact, for several years Obama himself taught workshops on the Alinsky method.
Quote:
According to Stanley Kurtz in National Review (subscription required), as a trainer for Gamaliel and ACORN Obama used his influence to secure a major increase in funding for both groups. Kurtz writes of Gamaliel, one of the least known yet most influential national umbrella groups for church-based community organizers:

Gamaliel specializes in ideological stealth, and Obama, a master student of Gamaliel strategy, shows disturbing signs of being a sub rosa radical himself. Obama's legislative tactics, as well as his persistent professions of non-ideological pragmatism, appear to be inspired by his radical mentors' most sophisticated tactics. Not only has Obama studied, taught, and apparently absorbed stealth techniques from radical groups like Gamaliel and ACORN, but in his position as a board member of Chicago’s supposedly nonpartisan Woods Fund, he quietly funneled money to his radical allies -- at the very moment he most needed their support to boost his political career.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:47 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,412,655 times
You didn't think Obama would suddenly come clean, now, did you bentlebee?

The guy's so full of Christmas turkey his eyes are brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
STEPHANOPOULOS: But have your — have some of your allies made it easier for — handed your opponents some ammunition, like ACORN, for example…

OBAMA: Well, look, the — you know, I think that — are there folks in the Democratic camp or on the left who haven’t — haven’t always operated in ways that I’d appreciate? Absolutely.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Congress said they should cut off all funding for ACORN.

OBAMA: Is — is — is…

STEPHANOPOULOS: … all funding for ACORN. Are you for that?

OBAMA: Is that true on the other side, as well? Of course that’s true.

STEPHANOPOULOS: How about the funding for ACORN?

OBAMA: You know, it’s — frankly, it’s not really something I’ve followed closely. I didn’t even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money.
STEPHANOPOULOS: Both the Senate and the House have voted to cut it off.

OBAMA: You know, what I know is, is that what I saw on that video was certainly inappropriate and deserves to be investigated.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So you’re not committing to — to cut off the federal funding?

OBAMA: George, this is not the biggest issue facing the country. It’s not something I’m paying a lot of attention to.

[url=http://michellemalkin.com/2009/09/20/obama-plays-dumb-on-acorn/]Michelle Malkin » Obama plays dumb on ACORN[/

"Repeat after me: Obama is ACORN. ACORN is Obama. Barack Obama can no more disown ACORN than he could disown his own shadow.", by Michelle Malkin

Obama probably won't sign a bill cutting off Acorn's funding!

Old 09-20-2009, 02:51 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
I saw that little blurb
have you ever noticed how Obama gets this little smirky smile when he is really being snarky?
"I mean really, George, do you think this rates my attention?? It is just child sex trade, how to hide money, yammer,yammer."
He is the worst huskster I have seen.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I saw the interview. Obama plays dumb very well.
Like I said..when something starts to stink..Obama runs the other way and totally disengages.

Van Jones - still no comment from him
Acorn - danced around that one like Fred Astaire
Wright - just stopped association with him AFTER it hit the press

Distance, distance, distance. Why didn't he defend them since he has such a history with them ? If it truly were just a "few bad apples" he should have stood tall and backed them up.

By not saying much..he really said plenty.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:10 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,695 times
Hussein Obama=EPIC FAIL

Old 09-20-2009, 03:16 PM

89,002 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
One of the lessons of 9/11 is that our government agencies failed to connect the dots. It may be time to lay Obama's dots on the table and start connecting them and linking them to his lies to cover the dots he doesn't like.

Quote:
Despite having authored two autobiographies, Barack Obama has never written about his most important executive experience. From 1995 to 1999, he led an education foundation called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), and remained on the board until 2001. The group poured more than $100 million into the hands of community organizers and radical education activists.

<edit>

The CAC was the brainchild of Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground in the 1960s.

<edit>

CAC translated Mr. Ayers's radicalism into practice. Instead of funding schools directly, it required schools to affiliate with "external partners," which actually got the money. Proposals from groups focused on math/science achievement were turned down. Instead CAC disbursed money through various far-left community organizers, such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (or Acorn).
Obama also funneled money to ACORN through his Woods Fund position, as well (this can be verified - note the citations):

"ACORN Received Grants From The Woods Fund When Barack Obama Served on The Board Of Directors
· The Chicago ACORN Received Grants Of $45,000 (2000), $30,000 (2001), $45,000 (2001), $30,000 (2002), And $40,000 (2002) From The Woods Fund. (Donors Forum Website, ifs.donorsforum.org, Accessed 6/10/08)
· NOTE: From 1993 To 2002, Barack Obama Served On The Board Of Directors For The Woods Fund. (Tim Novak and Fran Spielman, “Obama Helped Ex-Boss Get $1 Mil. From Charity,” Chicago Sun-Times, 11/29/07)"
Obama-Acorn Relationship - TIME.com (http://thepage.time.com/mccain-camp-debate-release-on-obama-acorn-relationship/ - broken link)

Obama has extensive ties to ACORN. There's more verifiable (citations provided) info at the TIME link.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:17 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I saw the interview. Obama plays dumb very well.

I guess someone should remind him the favorite excuse of the Right Wing is: "Well, I don't remember"

Old 09-20-2009, 03:25 PM

380 posts, read 691,714 times
The operative word is "play" dumb, since it's IMPOSSIBLE for a human being as bright, intelligent, innovative and reflective as President Obama to "BE" dumb.

It's clear President Obama is saying he would rather research, investigate, deliberate or reflect over a situation or an allegation/accusation instead of making a faulty assessment, coming to "quick judgment" and/or potentially drawing an erroneous conclusion. He's wise and thoughtful that way.

Finally, it's all about prioritizing. Stop with the rhetoric, and at least try to be intelligent, people!

Old 09-20-2009, 03:29 PM

974 posts, read 1,587,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post
The operative word is "play" dumb, since it's IMPOSSIBLE for a human being as bright, intelligent, innovative and reflective as President Obama to "BE" dumb.

It's clear President Obama is saying he would rather research, investigate, deliberate or reflect over a situation or an allegation/accusation instead of making a faulty assessment, coming to "quick judgment" and/or potentially drawing an erroneous conclusion. He's wise and thoughtful that way.

Finally, it's all about prioritizing. Stop with the rhetoric, and at least try to be intelligent, people!

No offense meant, but he jumped to conclusions over his professor buddy. Why when it is an organization that he worked for that is caught clearly breaking the law (and I would have said a few bad apples, but it is 5 city's and 5 different offices, not just one state/city/office.) he has to research it or it is not worth his attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies