Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 01:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,252,218 times

Advertisements

Excellent response from a reader:

Dear Mr Corporation Boss,
Thank you, dear Boss for giving me this job where I work from dawn to dark just to get by. And thank you for buying off my government so that there are no government health and safety regulations to get between me and my job. Also thank you for fighting against all government clean air and water standards cause me and my family ain't scared of a no stinkin' polution. And please free me from those government wage and labor laws especially child labor laws. I want to take my kids out of that damn government run school and bring them to work with me. Maybe then we could afford our medical bills. And dear Boss, please let me know if there's anything else I can ever do for you, paid or unpaided, it doesn't matter.
Your Most Loyal Employee (T. S.)

Read more at: Michael Moore: TRAILER: My New Movie Capitalism: A Love Story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 02:08 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,397,217 times
Dear employee:

Thanks for the note. It's been a pleasure having you here, but it's now time for you to move on. You're fired. Your benefits and pay are immediately halted. Good luck with feeding your family.

Signed,

Your ex-boss, who you used to curse for giving you a job, and now you'll curse for taking it away.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:11 PM

843 posts, read 1,294,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

Thank you, dear Boss for giving me this job where I work from dawn to dark just to get by. And thank you for buying off my government so that there are no government health and safety regulations to get between me and my job. Also thank you for fighting against all government clean air and water standards cause me and my family ain't scared of a no stinkin' polution. And please free me from those government wage and labor laws especially child labor laws. I want to take my kids out of that damn government run school and bring them to work with me. Maybe then we could afford our medical bills. And dear Boss, please let me know if there's anything else I can ever do for you, paid or unpaided, it doesn't matter.

Was this written by a third grader? That's what it sounds like.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:23 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,679,661 times
Quote:

Response Letter from Big Corporation Boss:

Dear Employee,

Based on the points in your letter I will assume that they are written in jest and based on sarcasm. I intend to address your concerns in a logical and grown up manner.

Before accepting employment at this corporation, your salary, benefits, and other compensation were clearly laid out. We interviewed you for the position, explained the expectations of your work, and then OFFERED a compensation which you agreed to. No gun was pointed at your head, and no bait and switch occured. If you felt at that time that this position didn't yield the compensation you think you deserve for your education and experience performing related tasks, then you didn't have to take the position. I understand that it is now convenient to approach the situation from a victim type mentality, however; we all know that the agreement for the position on both sides was clearly laid out from the begining. You are free to seek alternative employment elsewhere at any time.

The purpose of a corporation is to make a profit. In turn, these profits are passed down by the executives to the employees. If you feel that your pay has not been reflected according to our profits, as I said before, you are free to leave. Additionally, in order to ensure that you continue to make the salary we agreed to from the onset of this employment agreement, it is our job to ensure that we stay profitable. In doing so, we continue to hedge a relationship with the government who regulates our company, and we obide by the stipulations set forth to ensure profitability while still maintaining our productive and profitable business. If at any time you feel that we have violated said regulations, please feel free to report us to the government, but don't blame us for your representatives not doing their job.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me, or better yet, pack your personal belongings and seek employment at a more fitting company.

Yours truely,

Corporate President

Old 09-21-2009, 02:30 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,252,218 times
LMAO! Oh yeah, corporations pay their employees based on affordability. As though they will go under if they pay their employees a decent wage.

I love right-wingers: They are so easily manipulated by corporate shills, it's almost funny.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
LMAO! Oh yeah, corporations pay their employees based on affordability. As though they will go under if they pay their employees a decent wage.

I love right-wingers: They are so easily manipulated by corporate shills, it's almost funny.
So then I assume that its only fair that if a corporation goes under, the employees assume some of the risk?

Say a company goes under, should their losses and liabilities be covered by employees?

Hmm, why the double standard? Lefties are so double sided.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,201,502 times
Quote:

Customers or lack of has a bigger impact on a company.
Most companies follow the money and currently the money is in Asia so that's where they go.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:37 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,547,179 times
Quote:

Employees are free to start their own business and not rely on corporations at any time. Go charge for your services and earn what you think you're worth. Employees ask to work for corporations; corporations don't round them up with ropes and guns and force them to work. They request to be an employee and agree to the terms prior to day one on the job. They have the freedom to negotiate and also to leave for another job or their own business at any time. If you don't like what the people you're relying on are doing for you, stop relying on them.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:39 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,043,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
Was this written by a third grader? That's what it sounds like.
Your response is one of a third grader. What's the age of the writer have to do with it? The fact is, the letter was 100% correct in its sarcasm...sadly.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Employees are free to start their own business and not rely on corporations at any time. Go charge for your services and earn what you think you're worth. Employees ask to work for corporations; corporations don't round them up with ropes and guns and force them to work. They request to be an employee and agree to the terms prior to day one on the job. They have the freedom to negotiate and also to leave for another job or their own business at any time. If you don't like what the people you're relying on are doing for you, stop relying on them.
Thats not easy enough for some people. Instead, they would like big brother government to TELL others what to pay them.

"Save me save me" Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies