Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 07:47 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
That you compare a journalist with entertainers is not a feather in your cap.

And Joe is a republican shill, regardless of what people who don't watch him think.

Doesn't matter!! Don't try to chance the subject. The issue is Joe calling out people on TV (entertainers or journalists)for spewing what he consders to be hate!

HE NEEDS TO STOP BEING SELECTIVE AND CALL OUT FOLK (BY NAME) ON HIS OWN NETWORK!

Olbermann comes to mind!

But he never does and never will! He's getting paid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 07:50 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,291,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
And isn't it about time that sensible Republicans speak out this way? Past time, but better late than
never.

As a conservative (non republican) i've been speaking out on it.....glad to see the rest of the intelligent conservatives are following my lead

Old 09-24-2009, 08:04 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I wish all conservatives were as reasonable as Scarborough. He's smart, he's mature, and he's a real conservative.

Beck's really still a child at heart.
I may be wrong but, I don't think Beck considers himself a conservative....I think I heard him say that recently while on O'Reilly's show.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:33 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,062,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
I may be wrong but, I don't think Beck considers himself a conservative....I think I heard him say that recently while on O'Reilly's show.
I've heard Glenn Beck many times refer to himself as a conservative. He says that he's not a Republican but he's a conservative.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:16 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,859 times
Lol funny..when the left bashed Bush for 8 yrs...The left said "It was OK to question the President"..Now with this idiot in power we are not allowed to say sh*t...Typical leftwinged tactic...
Attached Thumbnails
Morning Joe: "Beck You CANNOT Preach Hatred"-image001.jpg  

Old 09-24-2009, 11:34 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo2008 View Post
I've heard Glenn Beck many times refer to himself as a conservative. He says that he's not a Republican but he's a conservative.
Guess it beats morning zoo radio.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Guess it beats morning zoo radio.
Glenn Beck recently admitted that all these wild things he says on his show he doesn't verify if any of this stuff is true or not. He says that since he's not a journalist he doesn't need to abide by journalistic integrity. So he can talk BS on TV just to get ratings.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:43 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
When he was on CNN, he was an entirely different person and I don't think that's a coincidence.
I agree. I'm a Democrat and I often watched him on CNN. Now he's way over-the-top and is simply trying to stir people up so he can get more fans. Actually, Fox is pretty much like that anyway. A "news" channel should never promote or stage events, only report on them. They promoted the tea parties and the 9-12 rallies and lied when reporting on both.

[youtube]pFCBeKcd-Wk[/youtube]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFCBeKcd-Wk]YouTube - CNN's Rick Sanchez Exposes FOX News Coaching Tea Party Crowd[/url]

Old 09-25-2009, 10:48 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
I actually meant to post another video, but it's over 6 minutes long.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree. I'm a Democrat and I often watched him on CNN. Now he's way over-the-top and is simply trying to stir people up so he can get more fans. Actually, Fox is pretty much like that anyway. A "news" channel should never promote or stage events, only report on them. They promoted the tea parties and the 9-12 rallies and lied when reporting on both.

YouTube - CNN's Rick Sanchez Exposes FOX News Coaching Tea Party Crowd
I agree Nancy. I'm a Democrat also and I also watched Glenn Beck when he was on CNN. When he was on CNN most of what he said made perfect sense. I agreed with a lot of what he said when he was on CNN. When he went to Fox News it was like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. He became a completely different person. Now I just look at him and laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies