Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
I think that gay marriage & plural marriage should be legalized 22 38.60%
I think that only gay marriage should be legalized 14 24.56%
I think that marriage is between one man and one woman only, but gays should be able to have civil unions 12 21.05%
I think that Gays should not be allowed to get married or have civil unions 9 15.79%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 04:39 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Allowing all is the same as having no laws regarding the issue. If there were no marriage laws and it was not a legal issue, people could marry whomever they wanted.

Therefore, the option that fits your preference would be the first one.
Not exactly. Gays can perform wedding ceremonies now if they so choose. They just are not recognized by govt. So technically they are allowed to perform ceremonies if they want, but not in a legal manner. If all were "allowed" govt would still be involved with our current laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 04:40 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Pew Forum: Religious Groups' Official Positions on Same-Sex Marriage

Interesting list of 16 major religious groups in the US and their official positions on gay marriage. There are multiple Christian groups that actually support gay marriage, contrary to the belief that all Christians must oppose it.
So, will other Christian groups continue to become more liberal on Gay marriage, will the liberal Christian sects go more conservative on the issue, or will we always have this divide?

A poll will also be attached to this thread.

I think that marriage is a church issue and should not be a government issue.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times

YouTube - Gay & Homosexuality is forbidden in Islam

for the record...

Old 09-23-2009, 04:45 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times

YouTube - Islam and Homosexuals

Old 09-23-2009, 06:21 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
Quote:
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)

Although the Presbyterian Church's governing body has not explicitly addressed the issue of gay marriage, the church issued a ruling in 1997 prohibiting the ordination of homosexuals. Regional bodies and clergy, however, have challenged this ruling, causing a major rift among Presbyterians.

This is my religion. I personally have no issue with gay marriage, I do have a problem with plural marriage. I believe that marriage was meant to be between two consenting adults.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:07 PM

135 posts, read 515,856 times
Citizenkane2 if you haven't noticed were not an Islamic country......2 each their own

Old 09-24-2009, 05:12 PM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
.....and according to the Bible a woman who is unfaithful should be stoned to death......so whats your point?

Old 09-24-2009, 05:20 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times
An observation;

I find it interesting that it's only the gay polls that publish the names of who voted ...

Old 09-24-2009, 05:28 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Pew Forum: Religious Groups' Official Positions on Same-Sex Marriage

Interesting list of 16 major religious groups in the US and their official positions on gay marriage. There are multiple Christian groups that actually support gay marriage, contrary to the belief that all Christians must oppose it.
So, will other Christian groups continue to become more liberal on Gay marriage, will the liberal Christian sects go more conservative on the issue, or will we always have this divide?

A poll will also be attached to this thread.

Many churches have become a liberal business and hold a doctrine of anything goes as long as the money keeps rolling in. Some have even accepted gsy pastors.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 PM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Many churches have become a liberal business and hold a doctrine of anything goes as long as the money keeps rolling in. Some have even accepted gsy pastors.
The above statement is misleading and insulting. My church is a liberal church in theology and history....it is far from a business....it doesnt expect parishioners to tithe like many fundementalist churches do.....and I dare say it isnt hanging on to multi million dollar estates or mansions as rectories or retreat centers.

Its doctrine is liberal....it preaches the supreme worth of every person, and it supports the quest for truth and justice. It teaches that God is love and that we serve God by actively serving our brothers and sisters.
We were one of the first churches to ordain women and we welcome everyone....who ever they love and where ever they are on their spiritual journey. Of course we have ordained gays and lesbian clergy and have performed same sex unions for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies