Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:48 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2My3 View Post
Chumming it up with the other Communists around the world!
You are grossly confused with your girl Sarah (I lie 4 Jesus) Palin...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 05:51 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Weren't there a number of Orange alerts when Bush was President? I seem to distinctly remember the Homeland Security threat meter being raised a few times.
Of course they were raised during Bush.

Just ask former Director of Homeland Security - Tom Ridge:

Did the Bush White House slant terror alerts to defeat John Kerry? Ask Tom Ridge | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Quote:
In “The Test of Our Times: America Under Siege,” the Pennsylvania Republican tells a story of how Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Atty. Gen. John ******** pressured him to raise the terror alert just before the 2004 election. He opted not to.
Whenever Bush was down in the polls, the threat level would be raised.

Or else .... a new Bin Laden tape would suddenly appear.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:10 PM

145 posts, read 291,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Why yes I do believe Bush went after Saddam as a personal vendetta. There were no ties between Saddam and Al Queda, Bin Laden or the Taliban. We had no business in Iraq. There were no WMD's.
CNN.com - Bush calls Saddam 'the guy who tried to kill my dad' - Sep. 27, 2002

Yes, they knew there was a risk when they joined the service but, they served. My nephew is on his third tour. My son died. I have spoken to "Real Soldiers".
Your personal attacks are childish as are most of your remarks.
I am sincerely sorry for your loss.
I, like most Americans, appreciate your son and your nephew for their sacrifices. Although we do not agree with each other's political views....I am sure we can agree that we are a safer world without Saddam Hussein and because our soliders are in constant battle for peace.
I am a Mother and I have much passion for the future of my children. I do not pretend to know anything about your loss, but I could imagine the grief would leave you with a lot of questions about the world. I am not as heartless as my posts may sound. I do feel for you and other military families.
I will never understand the thoughts of a Liberal. That is just the way it is. I can have compassion, empathy, friendship, love for my family, friends, and acquaintances....many are Democrats! That is what is really important at the end of the day....

Old 09-24-2009, 06:22 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2My3 View Post
I am sincerely sorry for your loss.
I, like most Americans, appreciate your son and your nephew for their sacrifices. Although we do not agree with each other's political views....I am sure we can agree that we are a safer world without Saddam Hussein and because our soliders are in constant battle for peace.
I am a Mother and I have much passion for the future of my children. I do not pretend to know anything about your loss, but I could imagine the grief would leave you with a lot of questions about the world. I am not as heartless as my posts may sound. I do feel for you and other military families.
I will never understand the thoughts of a Liberal. That is just the way it is. I can have compassion, empathy, friendship, love for my family, friends, and acquaintances....many are Democrats! That is what is really important at the end of the day....
My first reply to your post acknowledged that Saddam was rotten.
Quote:
Yeah, Saddam was a rotten man, from what I have read he DID commit atrocities against his own people.
I'm not a "Liberal", I do vote Democrat in many things though I also vote for our state senators (who happen to be Republicans). I'm fiscally conservative, socially liberal. There are many programs for children, schools, the sick and infirm that I don't believe would be passed by voting a straight ticket. Like most Americans these days I fall somewhere in the middle.
I appreciate your good wishes and the fact that you took the time to realize I do know a bit about what I'm talking about here. As one Mom to another,.. God Bless.

Last edited by msina; 09-24-2009 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies