Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 12:33 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times

Advertisements

I think that if they did start back the draft that the fighting would be here in our streets. No way my kid would go and the illegals just be alowed to slide....Same law applys to them too .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 12:47 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
And your sentiments on this matter are exactly why we need a draft. If more people had to sacrifice, there would be a lot more people showing up at the voting booth and voting against future wars.
How does one vote against wars? Going to war is determined by the President and Congress.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:51 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm in favor of a draft everytime we go to war. Its a way that it hits every citizen, not just the poor and downtroden.
How does war affect only the poor and downtroden. I don't think most who are serving in the military are poor.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:56 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
How does war affect only the poor and downtroden. I don't think most who are serving in the military are poor.
Most people who go into the military are poor actually.

How many spoiled rich kids who grow up in huge houses decide to join the military? Not many. They usually just go to college and live it up instead,

There's a reason why they always set up military recruiters in the poorest neighborhoods you know.

Sure, there are some people who have military tradition in their families or whatever, but they are the minority of who signs up.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:02 AM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
With all of the need for extra men that our generals are calling for I wonder if a draft will be the only way to get the men? They did it during veit Nam you know....We cant win the "war" <not a real war either , if we dont have the men, Have all of you 18 to 26 year olds registered yet..Its the law you know....Bush got us in so deep Obama may not have a choise.
If Obama gets his way, the answer is YES, and much more! It will be about much more than just being forced into serving in the US military. This is one step on the stead march toward the New World Order (a single global dictatorship).

YouTube - Barack Obama and Rahm Emanuel´s Plan for The Draft - MANDATORY SERVICE - for everyone 18-25

And I don't think it will be limited to only 3 months as is mentioned. It smacks of the Nazi youth groups IMO.

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 09-24-2009 at 01:14 AM..

Old 09-24-2009, 01:08 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
No, I don't see Obama taking such a drastic move to fight Dick Cheney's war. Obama will re-evaluate the reason for being there and conclude that we need to get our arses out of that region and approach those people in a more respectable manner. They are after all a proud and noble people, with different views on religion, life, death, and so forth. How short-sighted it is for us to believe that sending more troops into that region will have any effect on the ideology there.

Once the problem is defined (if there is one), a more ingenious method will be devised to solve the problem that doesn't involve wasting so much money and manpower there in a military black hole.

Military action is not the only means to solve problems, just the only way that Warmongering Republicans and Conservatives know.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:11 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
If Obama gets his way, the answer is YES, and much more!

YouTube - Barack Obama and Rahm Emanuel´s Plan for The Draft - MANDATORY SERVICE - for everyone 18-25

And I don't think it will be limited to only 3 months as is mentioned. It smacks of the Nazi youth groups IMO.
I lived in a country where they required young men to do 2 years of service like this.

Everyone hated it and tried to get out of it in various ways. One way to get out of it was being a cop instead. So most of the cops there were kids who were just trying to get out of military service.

It did seem to make people more patriotic though. It indoctrinated them into a nationalistic mindset. It also seemed to make people physically fit. Almost all the young guys there were in shape and muscular.

This country was small, and it was on a verge of a conflict though. The USA is a different story. We are a huge country with an enormous military budget and the only major threat we are facing is the borderless threat of terrorism. We use our troops as cannon fodder to fight in pointless, greed riven operations to secure resources.

If China attacks us or something. Then we can start up the draft, until then, absolutely not. We don't need it.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:54 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
I think that if they did start back the draft that
There will be no draft, get it through your heads. Is this a sewing circle? And am I not invited? LOL. If this is a "what if" imaginary thread, put "what if" in the title and I wont jump in. But if you actually truely really like super-for-reals believe there will be another draft...

Who's the enemy, who will we be fighting?

Afghanistan? Okay... so the narrative goes that we, the United States of America, cannot defeat the Afghani front using the FULL STRENGTH OF OUR MILITARY OF 1.5M plus. Serious?

Russia and China wont risk nuclear war with us in the next 20. Russia's population is in decline and they do not have the GNP of the CCCP to stay on-top of technology - call it stagnation - they cannot stay militarily competitive; and that leaves the nuclear option. And China still has some catching up to do... ie, they still have some industrial esponiage to do, lol.

So any serious future potential enemies are: iran, n.korea, venezuela.

And the LIB narrative is we cannot win Afghanistan. You don't get it, if we cannot win Afghanistan, can we win: my pinky, venezuela, n.korea, iran, RUSSIA, or CHINA?

If we cannot win Afghanistan, wtf???????????????

Quote:
How many spoiled rich kids who grow up in huge houses decide to join the military?
Pat Tillman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many Americans enlisted to join the fight against global islamofacist jiahadists after 9-11. I tried to enlist with the IDF and tried to fly predators w/ USAF. I have income. And I know attorneys who gave up their life styles to go to the front too. Lots of patriots signed up or tried to; you are not one.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:00 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
With all of the need for extra men that our generals are calling for I wonder if a draft will be the only way to get the men? They did it during veit Nam you know....We cant win the "war" <not a real war either , if we dont have the men, Have all of you 18 to 26 year olds registered yet..Its the law you know....Bush got us in so deep Obama may not have a choise.
I agree with the Hope and Change we will need a permanent draft for both the military and the new civilian force he promised during his campaign.

How long before Obama takes some responsibility as Warmonger in Chief?

Old 09-24-2009, 03:10 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I agree with the Hope and Change we will need a permanent draft for both the military and the new civilian force he promised during his campaign.

How long before Obama takes some responsibility as Warmonger in Chief?
Voluntary Military Service = Bad

Maditory Community Service = Good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies