Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 05:42 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
The level of ignorance about climate change is staggering. It's all about politics for the skeptics/deniers. If the libruls believe it, it MUST be a lie! Pathetic.
nahhh, I think you need to see the fact that liberals want control of something here. It's not about the real needs and the real issues, it's about control. I personally can think of a lot of ways true conservation and less pollution can be achieved without the need for heavy handed government. I'm sure most people can if they actually sat down and thought about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 05:42 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You're aware I'm sure that at one time the Arctic Circle was a virtually a tropical paradise?
I heard it was Bush's fault.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:49 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
And in the same article:

This summer Arctic sea ice shrank to only 1.97 square miles (5.1 million square kilometers). The 2009 drop is still the third largest on record, but it's not as big as some scientists had feared

However, that scenario required Arctic sea ice to shrink at the record-setting pace of summer 2007, when sea ice coverage dropped to 1.6 million square miles (4.13 million square kilometers)

Meier cautions the new findings do not mean the Arctic is in recovery, or that global warming is slowing down.

"I look at it as a one-year reprieve," he said. "I don't expect that to continue."

For one thing, this year's ice is thinner than in the past, and thus more vulnerable to future melt.

Gee, I can't imagine how you missed quoting those excerpts.

Leave science to the scientists. Science isn't the business of picking and choosing the parts that confirm your already arrived at conclusions.

Quote:
North Pole May Be Ice-Free for First Time This Summer

June 20, 2008

That was then...this is now;

Arctic Ice to Last Decades Longer Than Thought?

September 21, 2009

Cooler than expected, you say?

And where did that expectation come from?

The models that are used to predict global-warming. Is this not the most hilarious outcome imaginable?

Somebody alert The Goreacle so he can stop making a fool of himself.

So..what does that tell us about those climate change models?

I'll answer that - they can't predict squat, not even year to year and certainly not 40 years out.

2008/2009 - the year the GL hoax was exposed.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
This year's cooler-than-expected summer means the Arctic probably won't experience ice-free summers until 2030 or 2040, scientists say.
You know what they say GIGO - garbage in, garbage out.

The GW models are seriously defective.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
You know what they say GIGO - garbage in, garbage out.

The GW models are seriously defective.
I thought that was referring to Fox and their viewers.

What computer modeling or simulations do you have experience with?

Old 09-23-2009, 06:06 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
In this case, not much experience is needed. All one needs to note is the predictions of the last few decades that have not come true. Even from year to year, as this "new" estimate on Arctic Ice is made public.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
In this case, not much experience is needed.
And there you have it. Scientific understanding requires no experience or understanding, just common sense, intuition, and a healthy dose of preconceived notions outweighs all the papers published by the experts.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
In this case, not much experience is needed. All one needs to note is the predictions of the last few decades that have not come true. Even from year to year, as this "new" estimate on Arctic Ice is made public.
You are preaching to the choir. As another poster put, "they can't even predict the day to day weather..."!

Old 09-23-2009, 06:13 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Anything other than the most simplistic modeling programs are inherently biased. Most are written by those in the field themselves. They automatically include a bias in the presumetive outcome of any given input / output scenario.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
And there you have it. Scientific understanding requires no experience or understanding, just common sense, intuition, and a healthy dose of preconceived notions outweighs all the papers published by the experts.
ok....there are just as many "papers" and "experts" that refute your claims. Is this a stale mate? or check mate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies