Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:06 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Much of rural America is still on dial up. Google earth and sites like that are not very dial-up friendly.
A lot of Govt gets to use SAT comm not the land based node mess the phone companies use. The average fella can't afford SAT equipment. I wish I could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 07:09 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Not long ago a kentucky church had people bring their guns to a sunday service. Now, the good ole tradition of lynching. Another milestone for kintucky!
how do you even know it was a murder commited by a res of that state. do you just dislike kentucky in general? bad post

Old 09-23-2009, 07:58 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
It's getting dangerous to work for the government!

WASHINGTON — The FBI is investigating the hanging death of a U.S. Census worker near a Kentucky cemetery, and a law enforcement official told The Associated Press the word 'fed" was scrawled on the dead man's chest.

Read more at: Census Worker Hanged: Bill Sparkman Found With "Fed" On Body

Not at all sure what's happened to the title here - if a moderator should happen along, could you remove the first five words or so of the title?
Thank you Beck, Bachmann and the rest of you effn fear mongering pigs....

Old 09-23-2009, 08:04 PM

799 posts, read 1,444,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Thank you Beck, Bachmann and the rest of you effn fear mongering pigs....

Do you know what FED means?

Old 09-23-2009, 08:06 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
AP Source: Hanged Census Worker Had 'Fed' on Chest - ABC News
Clay County in Kentucky.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:28 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,337 times
This does not surprise me in the slightest. I have read many people on another board talking about how if a census worker should dare trespass on their land they "have a gun loaded" for them. Some pretty darn paranoid,government -hating people out there.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:45 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I don't like some of the things the census is up to but none of it justifies murdering someone like this.

I think until the investigation is complete people shouldn't be jumping to conclusions. For all we know, he was the unfortunate person to stumble across a meth operation or moonshining operation or something. We are talking about an area where that is a problem. His body was found in a remote area (national forest), the type of area drug operations are working out of. Some marijuana patches have even been found in the national forest here in Vermont, another reason I carry a gun everytime I'm out there.
I hate to see violence over peaceful plants.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:48 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I hate to see violence over peaceful plants.
If that were the case he likely would have been shot, whoever did this intended to make a statement imo.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:52 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
If that were the case he likely would have been shot, whoever did this intended to make a statement imo.
The Feds don't bother California growers - they don't want to mess with Arnie.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:37 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
It's really funny for the wingnuts to be saying "let's not jump to conclusions just yet."

The point is that the right is stoking anti-government fear. We told you this kind of thing would happen. If for some reason the reasonable assumption here turns out to be false, will it all of a sudden be OK to stoke fear again?

You guys do this every time a crazy wingnut kills people. When will it sink in that YOU ARE GUILTY OF HELPING TO CREATE THE ENVIRONMENT THAT ENCOURAGES THE CRAZY ONES?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies